No blue for the Reds in 2007

Sport

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always thought the Indians would look good using brick and red, with brick replacing the navy. They would be unique.

Maybe they could wear red shirts and pants, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I always thought the Indians would look good using brick and red, with brick replacing the navy. They would be unique.

Maybe they could wear red shirts and pants, too.

LMFAO!

That would be SWEET!... uh, wait...

FrobiCle.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

looks cartoony

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From The Cincinnati Enquirer

"The Reds new uniforms-which are said to be simple and without the current black trim- will be unveiled at Redsfest. Redsfest returns Dec 1-2 at the Duke Energy Center."

Signature intentionally left blank

"The Reds new uniforms-which are said to be simple and without the current black trim- will be unveiled at Redsfest. Redsfest returns Dec 1-2 at the Duke Energy Center."

I hope that means they'll be going back to the pre-pullover uniforms. Like the ones they wore in 1970

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hope that means they'll be going back to the pre-pullover uniforms. Like the ones they wore in 1970

That would be nice.

Just about every Reds fan I've heard from online wants the 1968-71 version to return. This is a good sign!

Hmmm... I would agree... but just about every Sabres fan I heard from online wanted the 1970s uniform back... and we got a slug. So, ya know, you can't always count on the team doing what the fans want.

But I agree, those 68-71 unis would look pretty damn good.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Please, please bring me back...I'm what retro cool is all about...quaint, fun and irreverant...

http://chriscreamer.com/logo.php?lo=2967

Now that's a fun logo without being "Simonized"... with snarly teeth and clinched jaws...

Sweet.

I wouldn't mind seeing that logo used on an alternate uniform (Sunday games at home only, please), but the running man needs to stay as the primary logo/mascot.

Just about every Reds fan I've heard from online wants the 1968-71 version to return.  This is a good sign!

Hmmm... I would agree... but just about every Sabres fan I heard from online wanted the 1970s uniform back... and we got a slug. So, ya know, you can't always count on the team doing what the fans want.

But I agree, those 68-71 unis would look pretty damn good.

Oh, I know what you mean. But what I meant to say was that the quote in the paper is a good sign that the team may already have plans to do what so many fans want. I can see how my comment could have been read to mean that the fans wanting something is a good sign.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits..._cincinnati.gif

These would be an excellent change. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some piping, around the sleeves, side of pants and on the front. No team has red piping on the front, so it wouldn't really look like anybody else. Although they look quite nice just plain white like this, so really, either way would be pretty sweet......And this coming from a die-hard Cardinals fan. B)

These would be an excellent change. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some piping, around the sleeves, side of pants and on the front. No team has red piping on the front, so it wouldn't really look like anybody else. Although they look quite nice just plain white like this, so really, either way would be pretty sweet......And this coming from a die-hard Cardinals fan. B)

This is a concept I did a few months ago. I think something like this would be perfect. It's got all of the great elements of the pullover uniforms, but with buttons and without the elastic waistband.

reds-1.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

reds-1.png

See... now THAT is the Cincinnati Reds uniforms. When I think Reds, I think of that... with or without buttons. It would look fine either way. And that cap is a thing of beauty. Red... with a white logo. Why they ever changed that I'll never understand.

indians4.png

-Terry Pluto

reds-1.png

See... now THAT is the Cincinnati Reds uniforms. When I think Reds, I think of that... with or without buttons. It would look fine either way. And that cap is a thing of beauty. Red... with a white logo. Why they ever changed that I'll never understand.

I agree that these uniforms look great, but I REALLY like the vests and pinstripes. I vividly remember the day back in the early 1990s when the Reds announced that they were bringing back the vests and pinstripes. It made me nearly as happy as I felt a few years earlier when they won the World Series.

This is a concept I did a few months ago. I think something like this would be perfect. It's got all of the great elements of the pullover uniforms, but with buttons and without the elastic waistband.

reds-1.png

Those are about perfect, as long as the piping is thinner, not thick striping like they had on the pullovers, or like the Phillies and White Sox still have on their road unis. If it's more like the Giants, Pirates, or Nationals thin, 3-color piping, then that, my friend, is a perfect Cincinnati Reds uniform. B)

Archived