Phoenix Cheetahs

Lumbergh

hmmm...to me, it looked like he was smiling/laughing.

Regardless, I like this set a lot. It's simple and classy. I'm not feeling the maroon pants for some reason. Usually, I like the dark pants with the white jersey, especially with a dark helmet. I think white pants may actually be better in this instance.

BTW- what template is this? It looks similar to one I have, except with different helmet views and shadows.

Nevermind, I found the template

The jerseys and colours are awesome. You definately haven't ceased to impress there. The logo looks like, IMO, a pufferfish. I think you should start over with the logo, maybe angle the head down more, and show it's eyes; perhaps with it's brows angled downwards to make it look more agressive.

m&l - love the uni's, and LOVE the helmet stripes at the back...really nice

i'm not sure if you want any c&c, but just in case, here it is

here are the problem areas with the logo, as i see them:

the ears - WAY to pointy

the transition from the head to snout - again, very pointy and just an odd angle

the nose - too big, and again, very pointy

the eye - needs more definition, but i like the general idea here with the striping pattern

lose the whiskers - they seem to break up the striping pattern and they really don't add anything, in my opinion - if you decide to keep them, maybe do just 2 and make them much thicker

the teeth - the canines aren't pronounced enough, and the rear teeth on the front are just hinted at with a straight line (ala the jax jags), but the bottom ones are more realistic...decide which route you want to go and be consistent - if you decide to go for realism, take some artistic license and make them significantly smaller than the canines to add to the ferocity of your cat

this is a great start (or a solid finish if you're not making any changes :))

jldesigns404eo.png

I like everything about this concept..the jerseys are simple like the cleveland browns with is good...the logo is very nice..and the colors are just awesome...have you tried to work with a orange alt.?

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

okay, I took a lot of your guys' advice on revising the logo. I tried hard to change the expression somewhat, added teeth, rounded some parts, added an eye, and brow, fixed the nose. And changed the uniforms slightly:

cheetahs2.png

cheetahfield.png

I don't actually know what it is, but something's just weird looking about the mouth.

Looks like he's cracking a joke out the side of it's mouth, or something.

Perhaps because the top eye teeth (the big ones) are both visible to us, yet on the bottom row it's not as noticable.

The rest of it is excellent. The head, ears and even the eye looks really good.

facts_angry.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I actually kind of liked the logo the way it was. In the new one, the eye is bothering me. I think if you kept it maroon and just extended it slightly below the brow line, it might be better. The uniforms are great as well, not that they weren't before.

I don't actually know what it is, but something's just weird looking about the mouth.

Perhaps because the top eye teeth (the big ones) are both visible to us, yet on the bottom row it's not as noticable.

facts_angry.jpg

that's the photo I first based it off.

The logo on the pants should be mirrored so the cheetah is facing forward. As for the logo itself, you should use more straight, angled elements. If you look at the pic you followed, the top of the head is flatter than yours and the mouth utilizes straight lines, only having curves at the corners.

I also prefer the jersey/pant striping from the first set. I think the orange in the logo is enough and the dark red striping looks good on its own. Dark red numbers would look better on the white jerseys.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

facts_angry.jpg

If that's the photo you based yours from, you must have been hallucinating. Rreally study it, draw it out, and scan and trace it. Look at all the anatomical issues. Your nose is far too round. Look how much longer and angular it is in the photos. The top of your head is very dome-like. The crown in the photo goes stright back to the pinned ears. Your chin is huge. Again, look how thin the chin is underneath the mouth on the photo. Your mouth has a very silly and cartoon-like expression. Then look at your eye. A. It's huge, and B. It really reinforces the cartoon vibe because of the way it's slanted. Then, the trademark cheetah marking, the black line from the inside of the eye to the outside of the mouth. On yours, the line hits the middle of the top of the mouth. On the photo, check how that line flows toward and defines the bottom of the jaw. The way you chose to cut the animal at the neck is very busy and well, strange. The original uniforms were perfect, the new ones are great, but I'd probably start over on the logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

facts_angry.jpg

If that's the photo you based yours from, you must have been hallucinating. Rreally study it, draw it out, and scan and trace it. Look at all the anatomical issues. Your nose is far too round. Look how much longer and angular it is in the photos. The top of your head is very dome-like. The crown in the photo goes stright back to the pinned ears. Your chin is huge. Again, look how thin the chin is underneath the mouth on the photo. Your mouth has a very silly and cartoon-like expression. Then look at your eye. A. It's huge, and B. It really reinforces the cartoon vibe because of the way it's slanted. Then, the trademark cheetah marking, the black line from the inside of the eye to the outside of the mouth. On yours, the line hits the middle of the top of the mouth. On the photo, check how that line flows toward and defines the bottom of the jaw. The way you chose to cut the animal at the neck is very busy and well, strange. The original uniforms were perfect, the new ones are great, but I'd probably start over on the logo.

I didn't use just that picture for reference. I looked at many, and sort of condensed the idea into one. I didn't want a full life duplication of a cheetah, I wanted something kinda cartoony, and simple. I like the results, and really got my idea on paper, which I feel is pretty accurate. But thanks to everyone for their help, I don't know what I'd do without you guys and your helpful cc.

Your mouth has a very silly and cartoon-like expression. Then look at your eye . . . it really reinforces the cartoon vibe because of the way it's slanted. . . The way you chose to cut the animal at the neck is very busy and well, strange.

On the other hand, and I mean that literally, it would make a great puppet. :D

Archived