FSU vs MIA on ESPN2

gueman

I don't know how many of you are watching the FSU vs MIA game on ESPN2 but talk about a worthless gimmick. Maybe I'm getting old but who can watch 8 images simultaneously? I gave it a shot now time to change back.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

For Full Circle events with basketball, ESPN 2 was used for the above the rim cam so I think with football they should use the above the rim equivalent: the sky cam. Eight screens only work if you know that you're going pick one and then make it full screen on a different channel, with only one station, it gets kinda pointless.*

*-I'm watching on ESPN 360, which is basically the same as ESPN just with different commercials and lower picture quality. Ah, the joy of not having cable.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I understand on ESPN U they have Skycam too, ahh like Willie Mays with the Mets ESPN is not aging gracefully.

In my opinion, ESPNU should have had the 8 screens and ESPN2 should have had Skycam since most people don't get ESPNU (at least I don't on my cable plan)

I understand on ESPN U they have Skycam too, ahh like Willie Mays with the Mets ESPN is not aging gracefully.

In my opinion, ESPNU should have had the 8 screens and ESPN2 should have had Skycam since most people don't get ESPNU (at least I don't on my cable plan)

i agree. no matter how loud i scream to the cable company, espn u won't become available. they wasted an entire 3 1/2 hours of programing on espn2 tonight. What a game, though. Bobby Bowden should have a shot at another title with that cupcake schedule.

SignatureCCSL.png

I liked the 8 cameras on "dos"; it was more like a sports bar feel to one game. The cameras on the two coaches were somewhat of a waste. They were acting as if we were in the production truck. Because teh game was on a Monday, this could be teh rason why tehy elected to have the 8 screens on ESPN2 as opposed to ESPNU. A Saturday night game when their ausience is even more segmentes might give then the belief that this gimmick would worh on a more limited signal.

As for those who have ESPNU like me, it is not very good; CSTV is the same. While you might be able to get it with an expanded package, it is not worht it. I pay teh extra $5 for Fox Soccer Channel and I even live inteh west coast, so teh EPL is on EARLY for me.

I flipped over curing a FSU possession and it looked stupid to have a camera on only Wright or Wetherford the whole time because while their team was on defense they just stood around and didnt do anything.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I, personally, thought it was pretty pointless as well.

I'd have loved to have been able to watch the entire game from the Skycam, since I was working at the time (I work at Chilis) so I had two of the TV's watching the regular broadcast, and would've had a third on the skycam, rather than just on ESPN 2 with the eight cams. I thought it was equally pointless with the Duke/UNC game last year where they had one channel dedicated to the Cameron Crazies. We know what a crowd looks like and don't need a channel dedicated towards showing them. No matter which team won the game, they'd have had a moderately easy road towards the National Championship, too. Easier than most teams, anyways.

IUe6Hvh.png

It was really pointless, then again this is the same network that thinks

cup-stacking is a sport.

Great game though.

Really you thought it was a good game. It was close but that was an ugly game. Niether one of those teams should have been ranked as high as they were. I didn't think that either defense was real dominate just both had inept offenses that made them look that way. That was just an ugly game.

As far as ESPN though I agree with you.

It was really pointless, then again this is the same network that thinks

cup-stacking is a sport.

Great game though.

Really you thought it was a good game. It was close but that was an ugly game. Niether one of those teams should have been ranked as high as they were. I didn't think that either defense was real dominate just both had inept offenses that made them look that way. That was just an ugly game.

As far as ESPN though I agree with you.

i meant to say was it was a close game but i agree it was a sloppy game.

"Everyone has good and bad days".

Archived