I love that this hat style is back...

JohnnyFriedRice

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only but a young'n when the original Sports Specialties script hats were popular (had an adjustable Charlotte Hornets hat B) ), but I doubt that the fitted hats were of the same quality as Reebok's. I have a Reebok fitted that fits weirdly on my head; the front protrudes out a bit, and the brim is really stiff (could be because it's a fashion hat). I hope that these do not fit the same way.

I also hope that they'll expand it to other leagues (they probably will).

Oh well, I don't like the Colts or Jets anyway.

It doesn't really make it less awkward, because most everything we associate with those two teams is just the one color and white, but I believe both teams do have graphics and whatnot for things that won't ever touch the football field that use black as a second color.

I say this semi-pointlessly as I'm gonna go look in just a second, but I'm wondering if the Chiefs use yellow or black for the outline color.

Oh well, I don't like the Colts or Jets anyway.

It doesn't really make it less awkward, because most everything we associate with those two teams is just the one color and white, but I believe both teams do have graphics and whatnot for things that won't ever touch the football field that use black as a second color.

I say this semi-pointlessly as I'm gonna go look in just a second, but I'm wondering if the Chiefs use yellow or black for the outline color.

It just seems lazy.

The Colts/Jets could easily just use white for the outline and the fill color could be their standard blue/green. It'd still be legible, as the black in the dark green Jets cap shows...

1_250.jpg

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Here's the link to the hats, btw.

http://www.lids.com/style/5289?link_id=4581

The Chiefs alt color is yellow.

Oh, and a question about the Raiders. Why is it just "The"? Is that just kind of a..I dunno what to call it but, kinda like it's The Ohio State University (though that IS the official name). Or does it stem from their Oakland to LA to Oakland movement. Or are there more rumors about them moving back to LA?

I was only but a young'n when the original Sports Specialties script hats were popular (had an adjustable Charlotte Hornets hat B) ), but I doubt that the fitted hats were of the same quality as Reebok's. I have a Reebok fitted that fits weirdly on my head; the front protrudes out a bit, and the brim is really stiff (could be because it's a fashion hat). I hope that these do not fit the same way.

I also hope that they'll expand it to other leagues (they probably will).

I used to have an Ottawa Senators one...and it literally vanished one day at a Wendy's when I was 12. I went up to get a refill, and it was gone when I got back. No one was ever near the table... :blink:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Oh, and a question about the Raiders. Why is it just "The"? Is that just kind of a..I dunno what to call it but, kinda like it's The Ohio State University (though that IS the official name). Or does it stem from their Oakland to LA to Oakland movement. Or are there more rumors about them moving back to LA?

*dead serious face*

Yes, they're moving back to LA.

*long drawn-out awkward silence*

*farts*

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

I like those as well.

I'm a little weirded out by "the" Raiders, though. That's got Al Davis written ALL over it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

more or less because Old Man Al still claims the LA market, and still markets to them by having the merchandise bear just the team name without the Oakland prefix. Basically trying to extend the fanbase beyond simply Oakland and the east bay.

very much the same logic as to why your Cardinals don't wear "St. Louis" on thier road uniforms, which they should.

The Raiders still have a serious marketing presence in LA (they have their own pro shop at Universal SkyWalk).

They've done that for years, using "The Raiders" when other teams use the full city name.

Archived