Providence Friars Womens hockey

HilcoAthletic

Is this a concept, or the actual jersey the team is going to wear? Nice either way. The Penguins template seems to work pretty good for them.

Is this the first year of PC Women's hockey? I can't remember...I don't follow the Women's Hockey East. I only know that UMass-Lowell has a women's club team, or something like that.

Did you have to draw the font yourself?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 6 months later...

those look pretty sharp, especially since i'm a big PC fan. probably the only times i'll see these again is in the fox sportswrap, but still..

A big PC fan and yet he has an Apple logo in his avatar? :therock:

those look pretty sharp, especially since i'm a big PC fan. probably the only times i'll see these again is in the fox sportswrap, but still..

A big PC fan and yet he has an Apple logo in his avatar? :therock:

"PC" Meaning "Providence College".

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I really hate dumb people have ruined the fun of sarcasm. No Avery this is not a dig at you, it's a dig at those complete airheads who you wonder how they're smart enough to live. :P Anyway, think those are good uniforms and yes I do like the logo and always have, I like the shoulder logo, but I hate the word mark and I know that's official and not yours. I think if the P started at the bottom where the rest of the letters did I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. Actually if I do have a constructive criticism, it's too busy on the front and the wordmark might've been better smaller and near the neckline and make the logo more prominent. I know it's my opinion and they are done already. I just wish I could be in your shoes, really designing for teams.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

The skating friar is the coolest logo in college hockey history. Period.

I've heard it before, and you'll hear it again. Don't dig up old posts.

First off, well done taking time out of your busy day to track one of my very few posts on this board. My apologies if I think that a few logos in college hockey don't receive ample attention and/or discussion. I like seeing my home team get some props on here, and I was trying to spur on a little discussion. The skating friar is original, classy, not too fancy, and most importantly, has stood the test of time. Seems like college hockey gets about as much attention as NFLE on these boards. Of those two, what would you rather talk about? If your alias describes you properly, I hope the latter.

On another note - I think the old skating gopher from Minnesota is also a nice little classic logo that should make more appearences in the twin cities. AND, if I didn't dislike the University of Maine so much, I'd say their uniforms were sweet, too.

Back to the women's jersey's - I really like the older (early-mid 90s, perhaps) vertically-arched "Providence" with the skating friar beneath and three black bands on the hemline and elbows. Too bad Adidas missed their chance there... Do you happen to know what happened to the away jerseys they had that were almost all black, but had the one line of white piping from the cuff, up the arm, across the collarbone and back down to the other cuff, and then ditto for the back side? Those were pretty sweet, and didn't get enough time on the ice.

Archived