Mississippi Mudcats (AIFL)

Geoff

logo.jpg

Good job, Geoff. That is the type logo I was looking for when I was trying to do a logo for my Jackson Bluecats fantasy hockey concept. I was wondering if you could do the logo with Jackson in place of Mississippi, change the name to Bluecats, and change the color scheme by using light blue, navy blue, aqua, and silver. I was wondering, with your blessing of course, if I could use the logo for my team.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

logo.jpg

Good job, Geoff. That is the type logo I was looking for when I was trying to do a logo for my Jackson Bluecats fantasy hockey concept. I was wondering if you could do the logo with Jackson in place of Mississippi, change the name to Bluecats, and change the color scheme by using light blue, navy blue, aqua, and silver. I was wondering, with your blessing of course, if I could use the logo for my team.

86 That last request. What I thought was a fantasy logo turned out to be a logo for an AIFL team to be based in Tupelo. Geoff, to quote Larry the Cable Guy, "That ain't right, Lord, I Apologize"!

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

I'm not sure who did it. It has as Skye Desgin feel to it and cward did say that he was working on some other teams in the AIFL. There was no press release and there still isn't one now.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm not sure who did it. It has as Skye Desgin feel to it and cward did say that he was working on some other teams in the AIFL. There was no press release and there still isn't one now.

It was Skye. I actually like it, except for the font issues.

good catch guys.

That is actually a version that got revised, although very slightly.

I'm attaching the final version of the ID package.

The mudcat is pretty self explanatory, although I wanted to do a logo that would separate it from other "fish" logos in the sports world, so I had the mudcat coming under the wordmark. This fits with the name "MUDcats, since they stay primarily on the bottom of river beds.

The typeface is the result of multiple concepts. I wanted something that was legible but "rough around the edges" at the same time. This is an abstract thought, but try picturing old shacks still on the MS river, not bayou, but same idea, kind of thrown together, logs sticking out in different places, nothing smooth and precise...thats what I modeled these letterforms after. At the same time, I wanted to make sure it was legible from a distance.

Tertiary is a simple but effective mark featuring the "M" for MS. I appreciate the feedback guys.

MississippiMudcatsIdentityPackageFi.png

www.skyedesignstudios.com

logo.jpg

Now this is a logo I like....a lot. (That's saying something about a team in an af2 wannabe-but-won't league. Only if the NIFL had such respectable logos.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I actualy own the logo. Skye is wonderful, and I have told people about him. As for the name. It was chossen by the people of Mississippi. Mudcats is a catfish, but also a nick name for people from Mississippi. Sort of like Yankee for people from the north. I am very happy with the logo, so are the people of Mississippi. Our requests for T-Shirts and Hats is outstanding. We are very lucky to have worked with Skye.

Todd Ellis

Owner

Mississippi Mudcats

Archived