NLL: New York Titans

eSabre

NLL.com

titanslogonll.jpg

The New York Titans unveiled their logo on Wednesday afternoon.The "New York Titans" was introduced today as the name of the New York expansion team. The Titans will wear orange and blue as the team's official colors. The logo features an armored helmet with the letter "T" displayed in the face opening, and the team name boldly written across the bottom. New York also unveiled its new website, nytitanslacrosse.com. Along with the team name announcement, the Titans released the schedule for their inaugural season. The team will play four home games at Madison Square Garden and four home games at Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. The announcement was made today by Team President George Daniel.

Team Website

I'm sorry... I'm embarassed to say this, but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was "that's a big, orange foreskin" and then "oh, and it's shooting out an empire state building... odd."

God I hope I'm not the only one who sees that.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

There also the empire state building at the top opening. Great logo and nice but typical colors for a new york franchise.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'm actually surprised to see something so subdued and striving towards iconic in the NLL. I think this is a great mark, especially when in context. Wordmark is a big letdown, horribly missed oppurtunity there to really nail this brand, but nevertheless the mark itself has the oppurtunity to push the design package to something nice.

I feel that Adrenalin was headed in the right direction with this design... but, IMHO, they failed to bring it all together in a satisfying logo.

I love the idea of utilizing an iconic, ancient Greco/Roman-style helmet to illustrate the idea of a Titan. Ditto for rendering the "T" from "Titans" in the negative space created by the opening at the front of said helmet. And rendering the crest of the helmet to resemble a skyscraper was very creative, as well.

All of that said, when I look at this logo I see a Blue skyscraper wearing a flowing Orange cape. The decision to render the skyscraper as a Blue silhouette with two Orange ridges on either side of it was a mistake. As a result, the skyscraper reads as a Blue "head" emerging from within the folds of an Orange cape's high, ornamental collar. Further, the two tapering, Blue accent marks on either side of the helmet give the impression of a soft, flowing material as opposed to the more rigid metal or leather of which an ancient helmet would be made.

All in all, a logo concept of unrealized potential.

Their top of the site says "Professional Lacrosse comes to New York", but the Long Island Lizards have competed in the MLL (outdoor) since 2001. I wanted the two NY lax teams to work together in harmony. Being all like, hey kids play lacrosse! Outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter! Yaay! But no. They gotta make it a competition.

Their top of the site says "Professional Lacrosse comes to New York", but the Long Island Lizards have competed in the MLL (outdoor) since 2001. I wanted the two NY lax teams to work together in harmony. Being all like, hey kids play lacrosse! Outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter! Yaay! But no. They gotta make it a competition.

Long Island is part of NY state, but the meaning conveyed is NYC. Long Island is not NYC, only the Brooklyn and Queens boroughs are.

Union.png

I like the logo with exception of that buidling sticking out of the head. Love teh hidden T in the face.

Its a step in the right direction they just needed to keep developing it. Maybe the city behind the helmet would have worked better or the city as a secondary.

Wordmark, plain and unoriginal.

Long Island is part of NY state, but the meaning conveyed is NYC. Long Island is not NYC, only the Brooklyn and Queens boroughs are.

NYC proper, yes. But the Lizards are well within the metro area. It's like saying the Rangers are New York's only hockey team, because the Islanders play in Nassau County.

But this is a logo board. I like most of it but the top could've been done better. Those little-foldy...angle... things are really awkward-looking.

The MLL is "professional lacrosse"? I thought it was just where the NLL players worked out in the summer. :D

I'm sorry... I'm embarassed to say this, but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was "that's a big, orange foreskin" and then "oh, and it's shooting out an empire state building... odd."

God I hope I'm not the only one who sees that.

damn you. i will never look at the logo the same EVER.

*giggles uncontrollably*

While Long Island is not New York City, the Titans do play half of their home games at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. In other words, the Titans' owners may be aspiring to position themselves as New York City's National Lacrosse League team via the club's four games at Madison Square Garden, but they're also hedging their bets by playing four games in the heart of the lacrosse hotbed that is Long Island.

I strongly dislike the name Titans.

Not a lot of Titans running around the greater tri-state region these days. And a less contemporary a name one could not pick...why not Trojans and tie it to this...

http://www.undercovercondoms.com/Condoms/B...nd-condoms.html

Practice Safe Lacrosse!

The Titans logo is really not working at all.

Is it a "T"?

Is it a helmet?

What the heck is the Empire State Building popping out for?

To me it's Martin the Maritians smaller cousin.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/jellery/party_marvin_martian.gif

Archived