NBA in Pittsburgh

floydnimrod

They already have a team. The Cleveland Cavaliers games are shown on Pittsburgh TV.

Apparently you didnt read what the purpose of this thread is about, he needs ideas for a sports marketing class.

That user just doesn't read period.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This was a WEBDAV (anyone remember him?) challenge a couple of years ago. My entry was the Pittsburgh Pioneers. I had a Daniel Boone type figure pointing.

(Kind of a play on The Point in Pittsburgh.) I also went with Pioneers because the Lewis and Clark expidition began there. Good Luck with your project.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I'd use a basketball name that was used before:

Pittsburgh Pipers, Pittsburgh Condors (ABA)

Pittsburgh Pythons, Pittsburgh Pisces (fictional, from movie "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh")

But the best is from the NBA precursor league BAA in 1946-47, as mentioned by Bluejay1:

PITTSBURGH IRONMEN

Always loved that name. ^_^

It is what it is.

I like Ironmen, alot.

But would the name really flow as an NBA team?

Can you imagine Sportscenter anchors saying "Tonight the Ironmen take on the Lakers"?

Its a great name but it sounds a little minor league

Nah, it would sound minor league if it was the "Ironhawks" or "IronCatz" or even "Iron Krunk"

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

It's a no-brainer:

PITTSBURGH IRONMEN

The Black Sabbath classic tune pounding the PA as the Ironmen take the court?!?!?! Fahgittaboudit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, there are some nice "Pittsburgh Ironmen" graphix online, in the fashion of the Golden State phantom Warrior but much cooler. Sorry I don't have any links but see what you can google up.

Good luck with your report

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Archived