Real logo design contest

CC97

Because I'm such a super guy  :D  I've set up a contest open to everyone on the board to design the new logo of "a grassroots, non-profit organization formed  to support NMSU (New Mexico State University) athletics".

The contest closes on December 15, 2003.

Please submit your entries on the board in Raster/JPG/GIF format, if your selection is chosen it will need to be vectorised in Illustrator (if you don't have Illustrator, perhaps you could get a friend online to do it for you, but only one of you will have to worry about this).

Because this will be used as a logo for an actual organisation, please take this seriously, and no "joke" entries.

The prizes will not be cash, but NMSU merchandise.  I am hoping that we can get the prizes to be merchandise with your winning design on it.

Guidelines:

1) "The top three nominations for the name of our group are "Crimson Herd", "Crimson Storm", and "Crimson Crazies".  We would want the logo to represent the name of our club.   However, if someone is really creative and comes up with something on their own then of course we would love to see it as well."

2) "We want the club logo to tie together with our "Aggie" mascot and our southwestern U.S. heritage."

3) "Our official colors are Crimson (PMS 208) and White.  We also utilize a lot of Black in our color schemes.  We would like these represented in our logo.  Also perhaps as a southwest flair, some turquoise might be a distinctive touch."

If anyone is unfamilar with NMSU and would like to receive images of some of their club graphics to have an idea of what the school's designs are like, please let me know in a "Personal Message" or PM.   Also available from me are histories of the school, and the community.

The group is based out of Mesilla, NM.  "Western outlaw William H. Bonney, aka Billy the Kid, who was a frequent visitor of the town, was tried and convicted for murder in a Mesilla courtroom.   Mesilla is the best-known and most visited historical community in Southern New Mexico. Since its' beginning, around 1848, Mesilla has had a major influence on the economic, cultural, historical, and political life of the Mesilla Valley. From the Gadsden Purchase, to the Civil War, to the Butterfield Stage Coach Trail, to the trial of Billy the Kid, to being a lively social center in the 1880s--Mesilla has been a prominent part of the rich history of the Southwest."

Aggies:  Historically, we're called Aggies because New Mexico  State University started out as primarily an agricultural school.

We first opened our doors in 1888 and were long known as the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts.  Now we're a major university, offering undergraduate and graduate programs

and conducting important research in a wide range of fields.

This contest closes December 15th, 2003.  If you have any questions please ask.

Remember, this contest is for the logo of the NMSU Athletics Supporters Group, NOT for NMSU Athletics

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i'm gonna give this a go even though the only three logos they have that i know of are:

1-large black NM above small white STATE

2-above over crimson map of New Mexico

3-altered version of Oklahoma State cowboy w/gun drawn in right hand (otherwise the same)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here is my concept.

crimson-storm-pnm.jpg

Let me know what you think

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Not much of an artist, but I am an ideas man...

The NMSU mascot is Pistol Pete, so perhaps the Crimson Crazies could utilise a mascot of a crazy gunslinger with a pair of prop guns in his hands (one with the traditional "BANG" sign hanging off the barrel, the other with the NMSU logo)? Anyone's welcome to run with this.

Archived