New Colorado Rapids Logo?

Brian in Boston

The MLS-centric blog Logan's Revenge is reporting that the Colorado Rapids will be adopting a new logo - and, apparently, colors - to coincide with the team's move into their new soccer-specific stadium in Commerce City, Colorado.

colorado.gif

Meh. It's decent. Not great. Not hideous.

Further, I feel that the apparent move to a palette featuring Burgundy as the primary color is a mistake. While it will bring the Rapids more in line with two of Kroenke Sports Enterprises' four other franchises (namely, the Colorado Avalanche and Colorado Mammoth), I don't believe it is a wise move in a league that will soon find seven of thirteen member-franchises sporting some shade of Red (or Burgundy) as a significant portion of either their home or away kit. Frankly, a combination of Green, Blue and Silver would have been much more unique within MLS.

They should just rename the team. If your logos will not incorporate your nickname for the last two versions, then why try? You can only do so much with a mountain peak.

I live in Colorado and there is a rumor and I say a rumor that the team will change it's name to Arsenal and become the Colorado Arsenal....the new stadium was built on the old arsenal site in Colorado.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I still like the old logo with the flowing rapids.

If they are going to go for more of a European look then create a crest or shield type logo with some interesting or meaningful design elements. This is simply just a boring logo.

I guess red/burgundy is the new teal in uniform and logo design. <_<

I live in Colorado and there is a rumor and I say a rumor that the team will change it's name to Arsenal and become the Colorado Arsenal....the new stadium was built on the old arsenal site in Colorado.

The Logan's Revenge blog reported that Kroenke Sports Enterprises ultimately decided against adopting the Colorado Arsenal name.

I agree that this new logo is better than what they currently have. But their original logo with actual rapids in the thing is the best they've ever had. Although I don't really follow the MLS, I don't like the "Europeanization" of the team names. Keep 'em American style. Make it futbol with an American flavor. Not soccer with a European one. That's my opinion.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't like the shape of it. The top bothers me. Flatten it out a bit and it's a very nice crest.

The color change doesn't bother me, although the blue/black stripes will be incredibly missed in my book. Someone will need to pick it up again.\

And what is that below the soccer ball? Is it a year? SC? FC?

The Logan's Revenge blog reported that Kroenke Sports Enterprises ultimately decided against adopting the Colorado Arsenal name.

Good. I'm saving Arsenal for the 2nd New York team.... :D

I don't like the shape of it. The top bothers me. Flatten it out a bit and it's a very nice crest.

The color change doesn't bother me, although the blue/black stripes will be incredibly missed in my book. Someone will need to pick it up again.\

And what is that below the soccer ball? Is it a year? SC? FC?

It appears to say 96.

Archived