5 reasons to HATE the Buffalo Sabers!

josh_cat_eyes

I dont agree with someof your reasons {considering Pittsburgh is also a fairly small city and it is fairly clever to base the logo off the city's name since not alot of cities can pull that off} I still also hate the sabres.

And there is such a thing as being too good. The '05-06 Pitt basketball team, the '04 Steelers, the '05 Colts. They all prove that you cant win unless you taste defeat atleast more that once.

<Obvious Rhetorical Question>Then what about Texas this past college football season?</Obvious Rhetorical Question>

<i'll answer anyways> Well, It does happen sometimes </i'll answer anyways>

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont agree with someof your reasons {considering Pittsburgh is also a fairly small city and it is fairly clever to base the logo off the city's name since not alot of cities can pull that off} I still also hate the sabres.

Isn't it Philadelphia's fault for not preventing those 9 goals?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I am a fan of the pens simply because they have 2 cups and crosby, malkin, and fleury play there. But yes I agree that the city is too small. I also respect that team because out of the origanal 6 expansion teams. (Kings, Flyers, Pens, Blues, Seals, North Stars) I also personaly think that St. Louis is too small but #99 played there aswell as LA. That is why I respect those teams. I am canadian so I respect ever canadian team and that is also why I said "basicly any Canadian City". What I ment by that was a city like Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hamilton, or London. Also buffalo is a small market team and my statement earlier was ment towards the point of moving to a bigger city and therefore a Bigger market. I suppose that buffalo's fan base covers most of northern NY. Anyway Roger, your point is good but the point I am making is that they did the same thing agianst NY Rangers except NY had a bit more offence to make it not look as bad. Yes it was Philadelphia's fault for not preventing those 9 goals but buffalo didn't need to make a struggling team look bad. That's disrespectful and that is what I meant by saying the game was unprofessional.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

What I ment by that was a city like Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hamilton, or London. Also buffalo is a small market team and my statement earlier was ment towards the point of moving to a bigger city and therefore a Bigger market.

So Buffalo's not big enough of a market for you... but London, Ontario is?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Wait a second...who cares about 05-06 Pitt basketball? As I recall, UConn was the way more heralded and ultimately more disappointing team.

And oh, by the way, remember George Mason? What a waste of a Final Four.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I still want to know who these Buffalo Sabers are. They sound like a pretty good hockey team.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What, Ron Hexstall wasn't avaliable? ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What I ment by that was a city like Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hamilton, or London. Also buffalo is a small market team and my statement earlier was ment towards the point of moving to a bigger city and therefore a Bigger market.

So Buffalo's not big enough of a market for you... but London, Ontario is?

You have a point...but population wise Hamilton and London both are bigger and they are both among the top 15 biggest Canadian cities. Also if New York can have 3 teams (Rangers, Devils, Islanders) and LA can have 2 (Kings, Ducks) then southern Ontairo should at least be able to hold 2. I personaly dont think the sabres should move there as they draw from there anyway but maybe the Pens :flagcanada: not that I support it but they were just sold and thats probably where they will end up.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well Ontario already has 2 teams. The population of Ontario is about the same as the population on metro LA which as you pointed out has 2 teams. Metro New York has 3 teams but the area also has a population around 22 million people. That roughly 10 million more people than the number 2 market LA or roughly the same size as metro Chicago. That's why New York has 3 teams.

From a market size stand point and when you consider ecnomic factors because it is a canadian market It seems to me the most Ontario can handle is 2 teams, which they already have. A third team I would think would be worse off than in Pittsburgh.

Southern Ontario could support one more team in addition to the Leafs, but London isn't the place to put it, trust me. It's a great city, but it isn't big enough for NHL hockey. On top of that, the population's very loyal to the London Knights, the city's OHL team.

Figure in the split Leafs/Red Wings fanbase, and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that London is not the best place for NHL hockey. The only southern Ontario city besides Toronto that could support a team is Hamilton, and I don't want the Sabres to move there. That's what the Penguins are for ^_^

Southern Ontario could support one more team in addition to the Leafs, but London isn't the place to put it, trust me. It's a great city, but it isn't big enough for NHL hockey. On top of that, the population's very loyal to the London Knights, the city's OHL team.

Figure in the split Leafs/Red Wings fanbase, and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that London is not the best place for NHL hockey. The only southern Ontario city besides Toronto that could support a team is Hamilton, and I don't want the Sabres to move there. That's what the Penguins are for ^_^

You basicly just told the future cause thats whats going to happen. And who ever said Ontairo has two teams, your right...but I am talking about southern Ontario and Ottawa is far from southern Ontario.

You basicly just told the future cause thats whats going to happen. And who ever said Ontairo has two teams, your right...but I am talking about southern Ontario and Ottawa is far from southern Ontario.

Yes I know you meant Southern Ontario. However is Ontario overall can only support 2 teams then a section of that will not be able support an additional team.

Yes I know you meant Southern Ontario. However is Ontario overall can only support 2 teams then a section of that will not be able support an additional team.

You lost me there jkr.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

For the purposes of this conversation, (or more appropriately, this tangent of the Sabres conversation), you really shouldn't consider Ottawa's team any more significant than Montreal's. Ontario may be one province, but you're talking about two distinct regions separated by hundreds of miles. The presence of a team in Ottawa is no more relevant to a discussion of Southern Ontario's ability to support an NHL franchise than the existence of a team in Boston would be relevant to a discussion of Eastern Pennsylvania's ability to support an NHL franchise.

That isn't saying that Southern Ontario can or can't support an NHL franchise, simply that the presence of an existing team in distant Eastern Ontario wouldn't be a factor.

However, given Southern Ontario's population, prosperity, and passion for hockey, combined with the challenge an average person faces trying to get tickets to a Maple Leafs game, I don't see why a franchise in that region couldn't be viable.

However, given Southern Ontario's population, prosperity, and passion for hockey, combined with the challenge an average person faces trying to get tickets to a Maple Leafs game, I don't see why a franchise in that region couldn't be viable.

There's also the Sabers [sic!] and Red Wings to look after in addition to the Syrup Trees. Adding in the stranglehold the OHL has on the region, I'm not sure it would be that sure of a shot. For example, would Guleph Storm season ticket holders drop their tickets in droves in order to get season tickets for a team in London/Hamilton?

Archived