5 reasons to HATE the Buffalo Sabers!

josh_cat_eyes

I watched the sabres beat the flyers last night 9-1 and it lead me to do this.

I was never really a big fan of the sabres but now I HATE them. Here is 5 reasons why!!

#5 The city is not very big and i would much rather see a team playing in Kansas City, Huston, Seattle, Portland or basicly any Canadian City.

#4 They have never won a Stanley Cup and IMO in order to be excepted in the hockey world that is something that you need.

#3 In 1997 when they adopted the "Goat Head" they took the wrong path. They should have done a retro Modernization ex: Calgary - 1995, Boston - 1996, Edmonton - 1997, St. Louis - 1999, L.A. Kings - 1999,

N.Y. Rangers (Alts) Even the Islanders...when they screwed up in 1996-97 they knew it and then did a retro Modernization for the 97-98/98-99 season.

#2 The unprofetionalisim they are using this season. Unprofetional Jerseys, Logos, and Team Play. The first four games of the season they had a GPG average of 3.5. The next two (games 5-6) they had a GPG average of 8. There is no need of that other than to show off...show off what? We already know they are talented because they are 5-0...well 6-0 now but other than talent what do they have? logos? NO, jerseys? NO, City...? Not overley sooo I dont know what that team is thinking but they have a serious issue going on there. I will be glad when they loose there first game!!

#1 And finally the #1 reason to hate the sabres is basicly THE BUFFLASLUG and their lack of knowing what a "SABRE" really is. Basic Definition - Sword. Not a Buffalo, not a Slug with horns. The team is called the SABRES not the buffaloes. And besides buffaloes are not yellow nor are they blue. and they dont look like slugs with great big horns on them either. Soo even if the team was called the Buffaloes...that doesn't give them any reason to use the "Bufflaslug"

Anyway this is just a thought and is totally my opinion. I regret any hard feelings that I have made anyone feel and look forward to some input on this topic!!

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unprofentionalism, Unprofentional? What? Points 2-5 are completely retarded especially number 4. Toronto Maple Leafs have gone longer without a stanley cup. Do you want to kick them out of the league? Point number 1 is obvious, but doesn't mean you have to hate the team for it. Hate the jersey not the team. This whole post is ridiculous, I don't know why I'm responding.

PvO6ZWJ.png

#5 The city is not very big and i would much rather see a team playing in Kansas City, Huston, Seattle, Portland........

Why?

Hell I live near KC and we are not even Half the Hockey town Buffalo is.

Houston over Buffalo for hockey...no.

Seattle or Protland over Buffalo, probably not.

Canadian Cities....depends.

I understand it's just your opinion. I'm not trying to change it. But I don't understand where you are coming from.

unprofentionalism, Unprofentional? What? Points 2-5 are completely retarded especially number 4. Toronto Maple Leafs have gone longer without a stanley cup. Do you want to kick them out of the league? Point number 1 is obvious, but doesn't mean you have to hate the team for it. Hate the jersey not the team. This whole post is ridiculous, I don't know why I'm responding.

First off the leafs are my favorite team and they have the second most cups plus they have been around longer. The red wings, and rangers had cup droughts way longer then the leafs! Second I didn't say I wanted to kick them out of the league but if they got their act together and made a good reason to like them. Like perhaps if they got a decent logo or became something that is a NHL Symbol ex: N.Y.Rangers, LAKings, Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, Colorado Avs, or Toronto Maple Leafs. then maybe I would respect them more.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Who are the Buffalo Sabers?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I will try not to get really pissed about this...

5.Yeah, Buffalo is small in population but has a huge hockey fan base. Will Houston or KC have as many fans as a Buffalo team, NO.

4.OK, that is true but why would that make you hate them. They don't beat your team. Do you hate the Blues, Capitals, Kings, or Coyotes/Jets they have not won a cup either.

3.We know that already. They have had crappy logos since 96 so what.

2. So you hate the team because they scored goals in two games? :therock: In the new NHL teams can score goals. 7 in one game is not rare. Do you want them to just give the puck up to their opponent? They have more than talent they have a good owner, coach, arena, and most of all good FANS!

1. See #3

I am obviously biased but I can't find a legitamate reason to hate the team except the unis. They have a good young team who they raised themselves. They did not go out and buy a team. They have a team who has good chemistry, have good character players. Nobody talks down of the coaches, get pissed at the media or anything wrong. They have a great orginazation.

saBS.png

I have the feeling ol' Joshie here would love one of these bad boys.

Not this one?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

posts like this make me sleepy.

Exactly!

I can't believe this post was serious.

If it was...I feel sorry for the poster in a good way.

Was that profetional enough for you? :D

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

posts like this make me sleepy.

Exactly!

I can't believe this post was serious.

If it was...I feel sorry for the poster in a good way.

Was that profetional enough for you? :D

Well, there are a few errors in your thoughts here. First off, they can't play in "any canadian city" because a bulk of the country isn't even suitable to live. Plus, some of the other cities you mentioned aren't suitable for an NHL franchise, the AHL works well in some of them.

Winning a Stanley Cup doesn't get you accepted in the NHL. They have at least 2 conference titles that I can think of, and are a favorite to go to the finals this year. Last I checked, the Ducks, Panthers, and Predators are still accepted as teams in the league. The Detroit Lions have never won a Superbowl, but they're still one of the most highly regarded teams in the NFL.

Putting up 8 goals a game isn't exactly unprofessional. I'd be more offended if a team refused to shoot and just toyed witht he puck. My roller hockey team's undefeated, scoring at least 10 in every game. This week, we stopped shooting, just started passing back and forth for the last 8 minutes, and it really pissed the other team off.

I think we've gathered the Buffaslug is awful. We've had about 10 topics on it. A logo is no reason to hate a team. I hate the Lions black jerseys, but I still love em to death.

Its not so much the amount that they scored but more that they tried to get every one and IMO they ran up the score. 33% of their games this season they have done that. Thats whats unprofetional. We know they can score alot. It probably wouldn't bother me if it was just the rangers game but two games in a row is a bit much.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

Its not so much the amount that they scored but more that they tried to get every one and IMO they ran up the score. 33% of their games this season they have done that. Thats whats unprofetional. We know they can score alot. It probably wouldn't bother me if it was just the rangers game but two games in a row is a bit much.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

It's hockey, you keep playing until the clock runs out. You can't kneel on the ball like in football. You just have to keep skating and keep shooting. Sorry, but you have no reason to hate this team.

Spelling is your friend.

Archived