Hall-Bound Current NFL Players

rebelx

Yeah, sucks about Merriman. Stupid thing for him to do. He doesn't need to juice to be Lights Out.

Cool, I appreciate what everyone has contributed so far. I'd say most of the guys who were named are probably worthy. Here are my picks. Under each position, I have a list of definites, probables, and possibles. If anybody can give me feedback on these, it would be appreciated.

Offense:

QB-Definite: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady...Probable: Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe...Possible: Carson Palmer, Steve McNair, Matt Hasselbeck

RB-Definite: LaDainian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin...Probable: Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander...Possible: Warrick Dunn, Clinton Portis

FB-Probable: Mike Alstott

WR-Definite: Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt...Probable: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Rod Smith...Possible: Keenan McCardell, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson

TE-Definite: Tony Gonzalez...Possible: Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey

T-Definite: Jonathan Ogden...Probable: Orlando Pace, Walter Jones...Possible: Willie Anderson

G-Definite: Larry Allen, Will Shields...Probable: Alan Faneca...Possible: Steve Hutchinson

C-Probable: Tom Nalen...Possible: Olin Kreutz, Matt Birk, Kevin Mawae

Defense:

DT-Probable: Warren Sapp...Possible: LaRoi Glover, Bryant Young, Richard Seymour

DE-Definite: Michael Strahan...Probable: Simeon Rice, Julius Peppers...Possible: Trevor Pryce, Jason Taylor, Jevon Kearse

OLB-Definite: Derrick Brooks...Probable: Joey Porter...Possible: Keith Brooking, Willie McGinest, Takeo Spikes

ILB-Definite: Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Junior Seau...Probable: Zach Thomas...Possible: Tedy Bruschi, Jeremiah Trotter, Al Wilson

CB-Definite: Ty Law, Ronde Barber...Probable: Troy Vincent, Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister

S-Definite: John Lynch...Probable: Brian Dawkins...Possible: Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, Roy Williams

Special Teams:

STP/KR-None that I can think of offhand

P-Shane Lechler

K-Morten Andersen, Jason Elam

Coaches-Definite: Bill Belichick, Mike Holmgren, Bill Parcells, Mike Shanahan...Probable: Bill Cowher...Possible: Marty Schottenheimer

Howabout Mike Alstott? 6 Straight Pro Bowls, Record Holder for most touch downs in Buccaneers history, Super Bowl Ring.

Well, you DID make Fullback an option...

Yes, except Alstott wasn't a fullback. He was a mediocre power tailback. He sucked at a fullback's primary responsibility (blocking) and was mediocre at a fullback's secondary responsibility (receiving). He was a great short yardage runner, but that doesn't get him in the hall.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

As much as I'd love to see Rod Smith in Canton, I'm not sure if he's well-known enough to make it happen. He's loved here in Denver, and he's put up ridiculous stats for an undrafted player, but his noteriety factor is barely measurable.

Not that I think that's a bad thing, but it'll be tough to get his head above a sea of outspoken and better known WRs, despite his consistant production and classy attitude.

Offense:

QB-Brett Favre, Steve McNair, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady

RB-Ladanian Tomlinson, Corey Dillon (maybe), Jamal Lewis (doubtful, but possible),

FB-Lorenzo Neal,

WR-Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens

TE-Tony Gonzales

T-Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Tarik Glenn (maybe)

G-(Don't really know)

C-Kevin Mawae, Tom Nalen

Defense:

DT-Warren Sapp

DE-Michael Strahan, Simeon Rice

OLB-(Don't really know)

ILB-Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas

CB-Champ Bailey, Chris McAllister,

S-John Lynch

K-Adam Vinatieri

I know I'm forgetting a ton of people.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

how bout some Steelers..... Ward should be a lock if he keeps playin the way he does, Big Ben could if he can lead us to a couple super bowls or have nice stat seasons, Faneca should be a lock, and I can see Polamalu gettin in someday.

Warrick Dunn has to be in the hall.

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

How about Rod Smith?

Tied for 12th all time in Receptions with Steve Largent and he'll be around what's currently 7th at seasons end (though it will end up being 8th or 9th at that point because of Isaac Bruce and McCardell).

16th all time in recieving yards.

He'll be top 30 in Recieving TD's by seasons end. Currently 33rd.

And he's 41st all-time in Yards from Scrimmage.

IUe6Hvh.png

how bout some Steelers..... Ward should be a lock if he keeps playin the way he does, Big Ben could if he can lead us to a couple super bowls or have nice stat seasons, Faneca should be a lock, and I can see Polamalu gettin in someday.

Warrick Dunn has to be in the hall.

Big Ben hasn't really proven anything yet. He had a great season last year, no doubt, but he also had the worst Superbowl in history, as far as his QB rating. This season, he's doing a decent job, but has had some trouble staying healthy. He's on his 2nd concussion...too many more means lights out for him.

Isaac Bruce I believe is pretty likely as well.

Although he probably should, I don't think he will. It seems there are so many WRs with great stats that the bar is set pretty high now. Torry Holt will make it if he keeps his current pace for years to come, but Isaac Bruce will more than likely fall short.

I wouldn't be too sure-Ike's gonna be pretty high up on most of those career statistical categories when all is said and done, and I'm sure the Hall voters would take into consideration the fact he spent the last 8-10 years of his career sharing catches with Holt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK maybe not a current player, but Jerome Battis, is probably there......Troy Polamalu is lookin good.

If Kellen Winslow can stay solid he has a chance.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

If Kellen Winslow can stay solid he has a chance.

Well, your little soldier's got some talent, but he's going to have to play a full season and put up much better than "solid" production to make it into the hall... there's plenty of solid players that don't make it.

I don't care who gets in (though I think Tiki Barber will have a fair shot) as the Hall of fame is bull :censored: to me until they let in Art Monk

Agreed... I'm not a 'Skins fan, but it's baffling that he's not in there.

Archived