NFL Logos in Movies

cachechs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard when "Invincible" was released that it was only the fourth movie that the league allowed its uniforms and logos to be used. I believe "Brian's Song" was one, does anyone know the other two???

Heaven Can Wait (Rams) and Ace Ventura come to mind. But then, I don't remember actually seeing a Dolphins logo, does anyone else?

Paper Lion (Lions) is another. I think that was the name of the movie.

And here's one where they didn't use NFL stuff...

In Brokeback Mountain, during the Thanksgiving Dinner scene, there is a football game on TV in the background. If you're goofy enough to pay attention to these things, you quickly notice that the game is actual the Edmonton Eskimos/Montreal Alouettes in the late 1970s.

Guess that was cheaper than NFL rights.

One of the worst movies ever made "Everybody's All-American". With Dennis Quaid as The Gray Ghost. That movie sucked. Although you do get to see Jessica Lange nude while she was still hot :shocked: .

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

There's also a movie floating around called "Second String," which is about how all the starters of the Buffalo Bills get food poisoning, forcing the scrubs to put together a winning season.

VmWIn6B.png

I can't remember if they used a logo or not, but in the 1981 version of Flash Gordon, Flash is the star quarterback for the New York Jets.

Flash Gordon: This Ming is a psycho!

Robot: This Ming is a psycho.

Klytus: Who said that?

Robot: The fair-haired prisoner.

Klytus: Who are you?

Flash Gordon: Flash Gordon. Quarterback. New York Jets.

Dale Arden: Dale Arden, your highness. Live and let live, that's my motto.

I can't remember if they used a logo or not, but in the 1981 version of Flash Gordon, Flash is the star quarterback for the New York Jets.

Flash Gordon: This Ming is a psycho!

Robot: This Ming is a psycho.

Klytus: Who said that?

Robot: The fair-haired prisoner.

Klytus: Who are you?

Flash Gordon: Flash Gordon. Quarterback. New York Jets.

Dale Arden: Dale Arden, your highness. Live and let live, that's my motto.

What an awful movie that was

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Come on Tank!!

It's awesome - visually inspiring, Queen's soundtrack alone is worth it. Sure its campy and outdated, but do you think some of the recent comic book schlock made today will hold up like this one? I still think its one of the funnest movies to rent these days. Does your love of the Dolphins and natural hatred of the Jets blind your taste??? :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I can't think of any other football movies.

One of the worst movies ever made "Everybody's All-American". With Dennis Quaid as The Gray Ghost. That movie sucked. Although you do get to see Jessica Lange nude while she was still hot :shocked: .

Have to disagree. This is a great movie that tells a complex story that takes place over several decades. The sequence of his "comeback" with the Broncos is one of the coolest sports movie segments ever.

The book is also excellent.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived