How bad are the Steelers.

buildingmaint

Last year they got every break in the world.

Good point. You're clearly a very bright guy...the Steelers road playoff schedule was a total layup as everyone witnessed. And SBXL was kind of wild...the Steelers won the Lombardi trophy in an ugly game. The Browns have got losing ugly games mastered.

BUT...to answer the post...yes, the Steelers are b-a-d this year so far. First the 9-0 loss to Jacksonville on MNF and then the Oakland fiasco. Looking forward to the 9-game winning streak...

Break # 1 - Cheap shot knocks Palmer out of first playoff game.

Break # 2 - Vanderjagt misses field goal.

Break # 3 - Refs calling everything in their favor in SB 40. (did the Steelers give rings to the refs too?)

Another break could be the fact that Larry Coyer is Denver's D-Coordinator because sometimes, that game included, his gameplans are absolutely terrible. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes yes yes, Kimo VonOlehoffen gave a cheap shot to the Bengals QB , no flag was thrown and he was not fined.It was reported that he blew out his knee more because the way he fell then the hit he recieved.Colts kicker misses a field goal ,was this the first field goal ever missed?Had the Colts kicker ever missed a field goal before?Do kickers miss field goals ? Has there ever been a kicker that has never missed?If the Refs were for the Steelers in the super bowl and the fix was in ,how come they botched the interception that Troy Polamalu had in the Colts game?Were the Sea hawks in on the fix? A good team won't let the officials determine the out come of their games . All the Sea hawks needed was two more touchdowns or 2 1/2 times the offence they produced in the whole game.

Yes yes yes, Kimo VonOlehoffen gave a cheap shot to the Bengals QB , no flag was thrown and he was not fined.It was reported that he blew out his knee more because the way he fell then the hit he recieved.Colts kicker misses a field goal ,was this the first field goal ever missed?Had the Colts kicker ever missed a field goal before?Do kickers miss field goals ? Has there ever been a kicker that has never missed?If the Refs were for the Steelers in the super bowl and the fix was in ,how come they botched the interception that Troy Polamalu had in the Colts game?Were the Sea hawks in on the fix? A good team won't let the officials determine the out come of their games . All the Sea hawks needed was two more touchdowns or 2 1/2 times the offence they produced in the whole game.

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone quote themselves in the same post before. Although I sort of feel like mentioning that is nitpicking in light of everything else that is wrong here.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

For those who haven't seen the re-cap yet, or just wasn't paying attention, or didn't care, lines like the following are why the Steelers are so bad:

Roethlisberger: 38/54 for 433 yds, 1 TD and 3 INTS

Holmes: 2 fumbled kickoff returns

Ward: crucial fumble on the DEN 2 yd line in the closing minutes

THIS IS WHY THE STEELERS ARE SO BAD THIS YEAR: TURNOVERS!!!!

Okay, it's a well-known fact Santonio's ass does NOT need to be a part of ANYONE's kicking game. And I promise you someone's in his ear about it right now. The papers, news, and all of Steeler nation is about ready to flame ol' boy. (I think he's fumbled at least one kickoff or punt return in EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS YEAR.) Ward uncharacterisically fumbled right down by the endzone. And Ben (really this one is Cowher's and Ken Wisenhunt's fault)--53 PASS ATTEMPTS??? This team is NOT the Colts. Pittsburgh is NOT a predominant pass team. BUT, when you're down 14-0 FOUR MINUTES INTO THE GAME (which is DIRECTLY Holmes' fault), the game plan goes bye-bye and you gotta play catch-up. That's what doomed them. Sure, Ben had a lot of pasing yards, but that's a career high he can't be too proud about given the circumstances under which they were accululated. And as for Cowher? Who now believes he's gone after the season?

The Steelers' season already is. (They'd have to sweep the rest of the season just to go 10-6. That ain't happening.)

Dark days ahead in Pittsburgh...guess school (along with every workplace and classroom in western PA) is going to be half-empty tomorrow. So much for the bar tonight...(this is the problem with being so attached to the team: don't no girls even wanna holla after a loss...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Look at it this way you won a Super Bowl last year just make a few improvements and who knows you can be back next year oh and keep Ben off Motorcycles

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Look at it this way you won a Super Bowl last year just make a few improvements and who knows you can be back next year oh and keep Ben off Motorcycles

You know this made me think about something..Hey tank, I have a stumper for you!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

All I keep hearing about is how they're making uncharacteristic mistakes this year. Except that they're not uncharacteristic mistakes.

Last year, and the year before, Big Ben was along for the ride and in a position where he had to just 'not make mistakes'. This year he has to make plays to win football games and while he can, he's going to make a ton of mistakes doing so. Think Jake Plummer, if you will. When Jake's in a system where he has to just not make mistakes, he's lethal. But when something around him starts going wrong and he has to make plays, he turns the ball over.

You want to win football games? Don't make Big Ben throw it 50+ times and only run Willie Parker about 20. That's a gameplan destined for failure.

IUe6Hvh.png

All I keep hearing about is how they're making uncharacteristic mistakes this year. Except that they're not uncharacteristic mistakes.

Last year, and the year before, Big Ben was along for the ride and in a position where he had to just 'not make mistakes'. This year he has to make plays to win football games and while he can, he's going to make a ton of mistakes doing so. Think Jake Plummer, if you will. When Jake's in a system where he has to just not make mistakes, he's lethal. But when something around him starts going wrong and he has to make plays, he turns the ball over.

You want to win football games? Don't make Big Ben throw it 50+ times and only run Willie Parker about 20. That's a gameplan destined for failure.

That's what happens when you fall behind by 14 four minutes into a game.

Sometimes, NFL gameplans are just like military combat missions...no plan survives first contact intact.

You made a really good point about both Ben and Jake being good when they were asked to "just manage the game", or just "not make mistakes". But when comes time to make plays to win the game, that's where some players falter.

And THAT'S how you can separate the truly elite players in the NFL--especially QB's. This is EXACTLY why Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are widely regarded as the best QB's in the NFL (although Peyton looked a helluva lot better than Brady Sunday night, since Brady played a little, er, Roethlisberger-esque).

You never hear anyone say anything about the best "game managers" in the NFL. It's about the elite QBs (and players) who can MAKE THE PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME. Think Kyle Orton last year. All he had to do was "not lose the game" while the defense beat up on folks. Hell, even Byron Leftwich got stuck in that quandary with JAX (but let's stay off J'ville right now, cuz I don't know if Leftwich is going to start at all anymore this season after yesterday). That line of thinking really irks me about head coaches and their QBs. They all put the QB in there and go "don't lose the game for us". HE'S YOUR QB! AND SOME OF YOU NUTCASES USED HIGH DRAFT PICKS ON THEM! THROW THEM INTO THE FIRE (when it becomes his turn, of course)...TEST THEIR METTLE...SEE IF THEY CAN WIN SOME GAMES FOR YOU! AND IF HE CAN'T...THROW HIS BEHIND OUT!!!

Just my two cents on the matter.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

The Steelers bounce back against the absolute BEST team that I could think they could bounce back to: The New Orleans Saints. Good job Steelers, I am proud of you!

...and the entire city of Pittsburgh (and the 13,752 satellite towns, townships, boroughs, municipalities, farms, trailers, pigpens, and pigeon coops surrounding it) can finally let out ONE BIG COLLECTIVE SIGH OF RELIEF...

Steelerville will be festive tonight. There will be partying. Steeler Nation will eat, drink, and be merry.

And tomorrow at school all the faculty and students will be happy again...and all the Steeler gear will be back in full vogue. Oh...and all those, including one of my instructors, who jumped off the Steelers' ship after last week will be smiling once again and professing atop Mt. Washington: "Steelers...HOW GREAT THOU ART!!!"

(This is how retarded this city can get sometimes...but you know what? I think I'm going to a bar tonight--I might actually get some tonight!!! :D )

Right now the Steelers are my 2nd favorite team. I can't thank them enough, I mean, we played like straight garbage the past two weeks, and yet, thanks to the Terrible Tizzowel, we are only one game back.

I'm not making any excuses for that garbage performance that Vick & friends put on today, but at least we're still legitamately in it.

Roethlisberger: 38/54

That's a 70.3 completion percentage. I'd be feeling good about that if I were a Steelers fan.

Oh trust me...they're feeling real good now. Especially since the Steelers actually WON a game Sunday.

(Of course, I'm still waiting for the game in 2 weeks...Tampa comes to visit. Not that I'm expecting an upset or anything--especially after witnessing the heartbreaker of a loss last night--but I'm here, they will be here...and the city will hate me...and I WON'T CARE! GO BO AND THE BUCCANEERS!!!)

~*TAKES HEART OFF SLEEVE AND TUCKS BACK INTO CHEST*~

Archived