How bad are the Steelers.

buildingmaint

This just in 2005 super bowl champs just beaten by the worst team in football,and now are the worst team in the NFL.Ben Roethlisberger was the best QB the Oakland offence has had throwing two touchdowns passes.BIG BEN is a great QB when his team has a lead and can run the ball.I don't remember any game he has pulled out in the forth quarter.Teams are getting smart ,shut down the run ,make BIG BEN beat you with his arm.The Steelers have lost twelve games in the last three years ,in all but one they have been held under 100 yards rushing.Yes BIG BEN wants to play a bigger roll in the offence ,the only problem is BIG BEN is coming up small in that roll.Yes he is a super bowl winning QB but so was Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypen, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, none are considered a star player like Aikman, Montana,Elway ,to name a few.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roethlisberger is having a lost year he needs to get his priorities in order get his head together and look to comeback next year which means no more motorcycles.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Steelers are what the Steelers are a last place team. Last year they got every break in the world. Then the refs handed them SB40. That homer the Bus said on FNIA that the 2-5 Steelers still have a chance to make the playoffs this year. I guess the Browns do too. lol

I only hope that Clevelands D will ring brain dead Big Bens head!!!

Good choice riding your bike with no helmet.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Well, the Steelers get to play a very pissed of Broncos defense next week, so I'm thinking that should put an end to the Steelers playoff hopes.

Not if Coyer brings anything that resembles todays gameplan. Broncos defense never had a chance today with that gameplan.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, the Steelers get to play a very pissed of Broncos defense next week, so I'm thinking that should put an end to the Steelers playoff hopes.

Not if Coyer brings anything that resembles todays gameplan. Broncos defense never had a chance today with that gameplan.

Valid point, however Pittsburgh doesn't have the best QB in the league at the helm and a 2nd receiver that could be a #1 in over half the league.

However, you can't say they never had a chance, as Indy needed a last second field goal to win the game.

Valid point, however Pittsburgh doesn't have the best QB in the league at the helm and a 2nd receiver that could be a #1 in over half the league.

However, you can't say they never had a chance, as Indy needed a last second field goal to win the game.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that Denver has gotten the "20 point" monkey off its back.

IMO Roethlisberger came back way too quickly from the concussion, though. Play Batch next week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because the offense, namely Mike Bell, was brilliant. We relied on unforced errors, like a dropped catch by Clark, to stop them.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Steelers problem this season is that they are just handing games to other teams. Too many turnovers and muffed punts. Our special teams coverage is awful also. The defense is still okay. Although a never thought they would be 2-5 I didn't expect a great season either. Ben was/will be again one of the best QBs in the league so long as there aren't anymore windshields/emergency surgeries/concussions in another 4 month period.

The Steelers really miss Randel-El besides being able to actually catch a punt he was a decent #2 WR who teams had to gameplan for due to all the other things he did, Wilson, Holmes and Washington all stink which means teams are not afraid to blitz the Steelers old and banged up O-Line.

Allow me to chime in on this (since I've had to listen at this ALL MORNING from the FEW teachers who actually showed up to teachers today and the even fewer STUDENTS who came to school):

From the pissed off people of Pittsburgh:

- DeShea Townsend couldn't cover a MATTRESS.

- Ike Taylor ain't much better.

-They should have NEVER let Chris Hope or Antwaan Randle El go.

-Hines Ward is the only viable receiver they have--and he's banged up.

-Santonio Holmes is a BUM posing as a decent rookie. (Hey, Santonio--let's try, uh, actually CATCHING a punt???)

-And who's the other guy that's back there "returning punts"? Exactly.

-Injuries are NOT helping either. (Although Joey Porter was back yesterday...didn't help.)

-Roethlisberger should have NOT played. Cowher should have started Batch (who btw might stil have a few good starting years in him).

-How in the HELL do you throw an interception ON THE GOAL LINE? That hole was big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Some of you know the play in question. (QUICK--someone tell me the name of the Raider DB who returned that pick-six?)

-Ben might possible get canned for the rest of the season. (4 interceptions after playing with a cracked head might do that to somone.) He's starting to look like Tommy Maddox did--hesitant to get outside of the pocket, flinching whenever a defender gets even close to him.

-Willie Parker can NOT run up the middle. He has NO legs. He's an OUTSIDE RUNNER.

-The Steelers are PURPOSELY tanking to get a high draft pick...and if they're not, they should be.

-No one will admit it publicly, but the loss of Kimo Von Oelhoffen is really showing. Brett Kiesel is a B-U-M.

-Someone tell me who Nate Washington is again? (Exactly.)

-Verron Haynes is gone for the season. So are the Steelers' playoff hopes, no matter WHAT Jerome Bettis says.

-So is (very possibly might be) Bill Cowher.

~from the pissed off people of Pittsburgh, with a little of my own two cents--er, "rusted Lincolns"--thrown in.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Good choice riding your bike with no helmet.

Interesting, coming from a Browns fan. Or did we forget about a certain 6th overall pick? :wacko:

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

-So is (very possibly might be) Bill Cowher.

If they fire Bill Cowher, then may 1000 crabs infest them.

Um...i didn't mean fired. I meant RETIRED. It was heavily speculated during the pre-season, and those "not-so-quiet" whispers have been filtering through here all season long. They REALLY picked up steam today.

Too early to name a possible replacement?

(Hypothetically speaking, there's two ways to go about doing this: either assemble a list of all viable coaching talent with Pittsburgh ties, since that's the way this team and this city does it--and for those who don't know, Cowher IS a Pittsburgh native...but then so is Charlie Batch--and go that route; or promote from within the organization...and if that course is taken, I don't think seeing Dick LeBeau as the next man to take the reins would be too far of a stretch.)

Maybe I should take this thought of mine into a new thread...not saying that Cowher WILL BE gone come season's end, but (as this place well knows) it's ENTIRELY possible.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived