Heartland FC

Krona

I've seen Heartland FC floating around here and BigSoccer for replacing the Wizards. With credit to those who thought of the name, here is "The Hearts" badge:

Heartland-FC-Badge.gif

Inspired by the Hearts of Midlothian(sp?), and the midwest, I was hoping that the H would double as a barn. I'd still like to tweak it and would appreciate some feedback.

I know its only been an hour, but lemme get at least a view. bump.

We don't have views anymore. ^_^

That is an amazing crest. There are so many elements in it, I don't know what to say. I love the barn, and the hidden soccer ball in the windmill thing (I'm not very farm-literate)

I like it a lot. Great start, only a couple of tweaks needed to make it a very effective logo. Instead of having the lightning bolts just hang out there, have at least one of them in the group connected to the green outline and breaking into the logo. You can accomplish this by moving them up to it. On the H, get rid of the serifs on the bottom. That will make it look more like a barn. I would also choose a cleaner font for the FC 96.

The only other thing besides those is that I see a potential problem if ever embroidered. There is a bit too much detail in the Windmill, and too many thin lines in the wheat. I think simplifying those a bit would also help.

I know it seems like I ripped it apart, but I wouldn't have even said a word if it wasn't already such a strong logo with amazing potential. Great job man.

P.S. Have you thought about putting the wheat on both sides of the heart and having the stalks cross at the bottom of the heart?

The only I can add is that I'd rather see it with a font other than Courier. There are lots of slab serif fonts out there that would look really nice with this logo. But other than that, this is really solid work.

I'm not much of a fan of the courier font myself, but it worked for what i wanted on this. it has a simlpe, 60s feel to it. i have something brewing for a tweak to the wheat. as for the serifs on the H, I tried it with the bottom ones lopped off, and it still didnt scream barn. I'm happier with an obvious H, and an "ahh, Its a barn" afterwards. Kits coming and the sponsor of course:John Deere.

Heartland-FC-Badge.gif

Love the Hearts reference, and your colors are awesome. Great barn-shaped H. I didn't like it at first, but it's completely sold me on second and third viewing.

Some comments, most of which are echoes: In the badge, the lightning bolts seem kind of random. Unless they're meant to stand for something -- championships won, stadiums played in, something like that -- I would consider either eliminating them or making them more subtle and connected from the frame of the heart down to the ground. By "more subtle," I mean make them your bright gold rather than green.

The windmill is a great idea, but as has been said too detailed here. Might make an excellent secondary logo on its own. I don't have any good ideas about what to do about it on your badge, but it is too complex as-is. (Also, I'm not a fan of it being green, which to my eye draws away from the H-barn, which should be the first thing the eye notices.)

The wheat stalks aren't working for me as an integral part of the badge. I don't know if I'd go as far as to make the frame of the heart out of curving wheat stalks, but I would definitely make the wheat curve upward around the heart rather than downward, away from it. Note how the olive branches curve up to embrace the UN logo, yet still the bottom of each branch crosses the other pointing downward at the bottom:

UN.gif

That's how to wrap the stalk of a plant around a logo.

Now bring on the pale green jersey shirts!

20082614447.png

Lose the heart.It makes the logo look like it's for a U8 girls team.

Tell that to Heart of Midlothian (aka Hearts) of the Scottish Premier League.

Nice logo, BTW.

Or Hearts Of Oak in the Ghana League.

And I second that, nice logo. And even more appropriate since the team is moving to Kansas (according to wikipedia).

brew.png

Archived