Cincinnati Jungle Kats logo (arenafootball2)

ClutchIsEverything

heh, looks like Mizzou's tiger, or at least a cousin of it (then again, there are only so many ways you can do a tiger). I figure by the name, they're tryin to create a link to the Bengals, if only in the public mind...a ploy that's nearly as old as pro football itself, the oldest example being the Bears. But...unless they're linked to Nashville in any way, "Kats" has no place in these mugs' name. None.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is this Sam Adams' team?

Not sure why a "Jungle Kat" would be represented by a Siberian tiger. Something isn't quite right there.

Anyway it's a stupid name and an ugly website, but it's af2, so it's hard to get too worked up about it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

heh, looks like Mizzou's tiger, or at least a cousin of it (then again, there are only so many ways you can do a tiger). I figure by the name, they're tryin to create a link to the Bengals, if only in the public mind...a ploy that's nearly as old as pro football itself, the oldest example being the Bears. But...unless they're linked to Nashville in any way, "Kats" has no place in these mugs' name. None.

Ditto. If you can't tell me why it's spelled with a 'K,' then you shouldn't spell it that way!

BTW: Ten kudos points to the first person to tell me why it's spelled with a 'K.' (No cheating! :P )

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Not sure why a "Jungle Kat" would be represented by a Siberian tiger. Something isn't quite right there.

Because if they did a regular tiger colors, they'd get slammed by everyone for trying to be a low rent Bengals...so they go with white, take the hit on the fact it's a white tiger and not a ripoff of the NFL team in town.

Alright what the heck, Cincinnati is a great place for someone to start a professional minor league sports team and watch it die. They have had like a zillion arena football teams, 3 different hockey franchises it 4 years and god knows what else...

What happened to the Cincinnati Marshalls?

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Alright what the heck, Cincinnati is a great place for someone to start a professional minor league sports team and watch it die. They have had like a zillion arena football teams, 3 different hockey franchises it 4 years and god knows what else...

The Marshals are still in the NIFL however they have moved to Mason, Ohio to the Wall2Wall Soccer Complex.

The Jungle Kats are only the 4th arena team. The Rockers played for 2 seasons in the early 90s in the AFL, the Swarm played 1 season in the AF2 and the Marshals will be playing their 3rd in the NIFL.

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm pretty sure its a Siberian Tiger because they have them at the Cincinnati Zoo.

But that doesn't jibe with the "Jungle" thing.

But I won't be so anal as to suggest that all sports logos must make sense -- I am a big Sabres fan after all.

In fact, I'm sure very few people notice or care about the Jungle/Siberia discrepancy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Let's not forget how many more times do the Cyclones have to be brought back to life?

On the heels of the ridiculous claims of racism in the Silverbacks logo fiasco, how long before this becomes a target?

I actually like the logo. Its one of the better tiger logos I've seen in a little while. There's only so much you can do with a tiger logo, so any similarities to any current logos is to be expected. I think it would have been cool to call them the Snow Cats (Kats) or something that would make more sense with the white coloring of the tiger...but what do I know right?

Archived