Edmonton WHL team to be announced Saturday

OMMF

oil kings?

that's annoying.

I'm not sure if you're joking but the name "Oil Kings" has been used by many top level junior hockey teams in Edmonton since the 1950's with the last one being in the WHL in 1978-79.

oil kings?

that's annoying.

I'm not sure if you're joking but the name "Oil Kings" has been used by many top level junior hockey teams in Edmonton since the 1950's with the last one being in the WHL in 1978-79.

and then they moved to portland and became successful =)

if it is the Oil Kings.. will there be a updated version of the old logo or a complete new logo as well?? That I am interested in seeing..and as for the Oil Kings being Edmonton WHL's new team name.. it would be nice to bring the history back ya know?? Or different name as well?? I gonna wait till tomorrow to see what going on...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

if it is the Oil Kings.. will there be a updated version of the old logo or a complete new logo as well?? That I am interested in seeing..and as for the Oil Kings being Edmonton WHL's new team name.. it would be nice to bring the history back ya know?? Or different name as well?? I gonna wait till tomorrow to see what going on...

Did the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL not do this as well? The Remparts were long dead, until the Nordiques left I believe. Since then, they have readopted the team name and the history. I hope the Oil Kings do the same.

Juventus.png

Did the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL not do this as well? The Remparts were long dead, until the Nordiques left I believe. Since then, they have readopted the team name and the history. I hope the Oil Kings do the same.

Yes, that's true. The old Remparts disappeared in the 1980s before being resurrected in 1997.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

oil kings?

that's annoying.

how about finish out gretzky's career, and be the oil king blue rangers?

even better, the Racer Oil King Blue Rangers?

Greyhound Racer

I was going to put Greyhound in there but the Soo Greyhounds are not a pro team :)

as for the logo. I think they needed an updated version of the logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm STILL sticking with my own "Edmonton Frozen Pierogi" write in choice but IF ya had to go with "Biodegradeble Renewable Energy Kings" or somesuch, reviving their 60's logo scheme's a good move. This recently Proud Again American cannot wait to see the Erl Kingz' uni's. What I'm seeing w/their logo so far is VERY cool 60's/70's retromod minor and junior league designs & colors, and I mean that in the BESTEST hockey jersey sense. GO Oil Kings! "Pierogi Power!" "Pierogi For Health!"

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

picture-oilkingsLogo.png

Brutal. You can keep tradition and yet do a good job updating it.

i agree the logo look like the la kings first logo. that isnt even a kings crown its a queens crown. the logo also has nothing to do with oil except the small drop. i also think its a horrible name there is already a team called the wheat kings

picture-oilkingsLogo.png

Brutal. You can keep tradition and yet do a good job updating it.

i agree the logo look like the la kings first logo. that isnt even a kings crown its a queens crown. the logo also has nothing to do with oil except the small drop. i also think its a horrible name there is already a team called the wheat kings

Well the Oil Kings are a traditional team, thats why they are called that.

I was hoping that they would have updated the logo somewhat. The fonts in particular make the logo look extremely dated. They could have changed the font to a more modern type, and outlined the crown to make it look a bit more remarkable.

Juventus.png

Archived