mlb alternate jerseys

polsce

Does anybody have the comprehensive list of uniforms/hats not posted on dressed to the nines, since MLB picked up the project and inputted only the home and road uniform set. Once there was a MLB uniform project on the web site and I found it useful even though it was highly incomplete. So what I am looking for is that particular information alternate uniforms and baseball caps from 1995.

Help is appreciated

welcome to the Discrimihater Memory Bank...would you like our 401(k) plan with this withdrawal, sir? :D

I got a lot of alt jerseys committed to memory...so here goes:

Orioles: theirs, I can recall the number treatments exactly...from around 95 til 2002, all lettering on the black jerseys was orange trimmed in black and then white, after which the current version was introduced, and the outline was removed for some reason. I recall the jersey having placket piping for one or two seasons somewhere between 96 and 99, so any John Stocktons out there with the assist, the help's appreciated.

what is now their home cap, as I figure you know, was originally an alt cap, and initially it used the early 90s oriole. in 1996, the Orioles were one of the three teams that used gray road caps briefly, theirs had black bills. the current oriole was introduced the next season, and in 2003 the O's changed how they used their caps: the black with orange bill became home, the all black (which had previously been used for all games with white/gray unis) became road. And of course, in 2005 the unpopular O's cap was introduced, to be worn with the black jersey.

Red Sox: heh, the current alt jersey's basically been their only one. They've given a couple alt caps a spin in the mid 90s, though...one, which was unpopular with Sawx fans, was white with a navy bill, and featured a red B with navy trim; it was derided as the "painter's cap." The other cap was similar to the red-crowned cap they wore in the late 70s, with the only difference being the B was white trimmed in navy.

Yanks: moving on...

Blue Jays: in 1996, the Jays first wore Canada Day uniforms. These featured red versions of the Jays' caps and alt jerseys, which were normally blue. In 1997, the Jays had intended to roll out vests (or possibly faux vests) that were blue with powder blue sleeves, BLUE JAYS on the front and featured powder blue lettering, though they never used it. I'm guessing it was replaced by the blue TORONTO jersey with red lettering, which was worn both home and away. The only real changes to this jersey in later years were teh replacement of the striped cuffs with red piping, and the 2003 replacement of the jay-leaf with the T-jay. Toronto added a Sunday alternate vest, worn with blue sleeves, that had BLUE JAYS on the front like the homes, but had the jay-leaf under the script instead of a number; later, the jay-leaf would be replaced by what was known as the T-jay logo on this jersey, though this happened a few years earlier than on the blue jersey. Aside from the proposed graphite road uniform that was rejected before the 2004 season in favor of traditional light gray, I figure you've seen the current alts.

Devil Rays: initial alts were black with purple numbers trimmed in black and white. DEVIL RAYS on front with ray under lettering on front, as on home jerseys. the initial alts the Rays used after the color change were the sleeveless vests that are currently their homes; after the vests became home jerseys in 2005, the Rays introduced two new alternates: a green jersey with white numbers trimmed in blue and the TB-ray logo on the left chest, and a vest version of their traveling gray jerseys with no piping.

*Tigers: no alt caps, though in 1995, the Tigers introduced an alternate uniform consisting of navy blue jerseys and pinstriped pants. The pants apparently remained in mothballs, though the jerseys were worn once at Tiger Stadium (possibly worn a few times on the road as well). The jerseys were navy with orange-white-navy cuffs, a white version of the D-tiger logo on the left chest, and white numbers trimmed in orange on the left chest. I'll assume the back featured a name, and the names/numbers had the same coloration as the front numbers. (thanks tucogovinda)

Twins: in 1997, the Twins unveiled two alternate jerseys, a red jersey with navy piping that had white lettering trimmed in navy and Twins on front, to be worn at home; and a navy jersey with red piping. I believe a white and blue TC was on the sleeve...the front read MINNESOTA; the front and back lettering was white with red trim, while the numbers were red with white trim. the Twins baseball logo was on the sleeve. The red jersey was worn only once or twice, and for the next couple seasons, the Twins wore the navy jersey at both home and road games. In 2001, I believe, the Twins finally took another stab at a home version, which featured the home Twins lettering in red trimmed in white over a white number outlined in red (the back of this jersey was the same as the blue Minnesota jersey), and also reintroduced their old navy cap with a white and red TC in the same year, as an alternate. A couple seasons later, the Twins had relegated the M hat to the road and reintroduced the 70s red cap, which has a navy bill and a white and navy TC.

Sox: the white kind, for you coastlovers. anyways, the only change I can recall happening to the black jerseys was the addition of player names around 94 or 95. Around 1999 or 2000, the Sox introduced a faux vest version of their homes, which had black sleeves (in 2004, the Sox finally began using real vests), and during the 2001 season they wore 1917 World Series throwbacks featuring the star-studded S-o-x jersey. The original jersey was worn before numbers were widely used, so the Sox had to improvise, using navy numerals with off-white and red trim. They not only used throwback caps, they also had navy batting helmets with the S-o-x logo on them.

Royals: to be honest, I have no idea when they began using blue jerseys. I do remember they were one of the three teams in 96 to use gray road caps for a period...theirs used a blue KC and blue bills.

Their 2003 addition of black initially presumed that they'd use blue sleeves with the road vests, but this was rarely, if ever, seen, as they typically used black sleeves and the black-crowned cap, which was originally only intended to be used with the black jersey.

Indians: the alt jersey they wore for most of the 90s was navy blue with the script Indians in red with navy and white trim, and white piping. numbers were red with white trim. a road version was introduced around 1998-99, with the main differences being the road Cleveland script was on front and the piping was red. The Indians version was modified with silver piping and modified lettering when silver was added to the Tribe's color scheme, and the Cleveland version was dumped.

Mariners: you got the teals, along with the teal cap...then there was the vest version of the homes, which initially had the compass rose on the undershirt's sleeves and went with a silver-billed cap that had the compass rose by itself. then a vest version of the roads was introduced and both vests were used frequently until a couple years after Griffey was traded. During that time, the Mariners also used navy jerseys with MARINERS in silver and silver numbers, occasionally. When Safeco Field opened, the Mariners unveiled an almost-black SEATTLE jersey with white piping and the compass rose over the S, a modification that later made its way to the road jersey...however, the next year it fell into disuse as Mariner players saw it as unlucky. In 2004, the Mariners introduced the current alt, which is unique in MLB for having a different number font than the regular set, throwbacks not counting.

Rangers: the blue TEXAS alternates were introduced in the 1998 or 99 season, when the Rangers still wore red caps. The Rangers' other alternate jersey, a vest with blue sleeves, blue placket piping, and a red T on the left chest, was first worn in 2004.

Angels: their current alternate jerseys, vest versions of their homes, were part of the 2002 overhaul. In 95 and 96, during their final two seasons as the California Angels, navy alts with white piping were used at home; these featured the CA on the left chest, ANGELS on the left sleeve, and red numbers trimmed in white. In 97, the Halos had a little-used alternate set consisting of a navy cap with powder blue bill, and navy faux vest with powder blue sleeves; left sleeve had player's # in navy trimmed in white, winged A was on left chest. 98 saw the faux vest replaced by solid navy with powder blue sleeve piping and a white sleeve number, and IIRC 99 or 2000 saw the A replaced by the winged Angels script. At some point, I think 2000, the A-Anaheim logo replaced the sleeve number.

A's: the alt, in 96 at the earliest, added front numbers; in 2000, the A's replaced the greens with black caps and jerseys. the cap, as with the A's regular caps, had A's on the front, and the jersey had Athletics script on the front...only thing was, on both the cap and jersey, everything was green with white trim. Although this uniform seemingly hasn't been dumped officially, it hasn't seen the field since that 2000 season.

heh, somebody else can do the NL, I'm beat

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Tigers: no alt caps or jerseys

Actually, in 1995, the Detroit Tigers had an alternate jersey. Here's a pic:

1188.jpg

They wore this at home only once that I know for certain. They may have worn it more than that, but I'm a diehard Tiger fan and I only ever saw it one Sunday afternoon--I can't imagine it was worn much more than that one time!

Edit: Could someone with MLB Style Guide access help me on this one.... Something tells me this jersey was similar to the recent Dodgers alternate in that it was officially the team's alternate for more than one year, but unworn. I think it was officially still around in 1996, and maybe 1997. I'd love some confirmation of this.

Further, I also seem to remember the Tigers were originally planning to wear this jersey with pinstriped pants. I have a baseball card of a Tiger pitcher wearing this top with pinstriped pants, but my suspicion is that the photo was taken in Spring Training, the minor leagues or somewhere other than a MLB park in a regular season game. As for the Sunday afternoon game in 1995 I mentioned above, I seem to remember the Tigers wearing their normal pants. Again, any info on this would be much appreciated!

--

Dave

heh, echoing fearless leader, that jersey's new to me. I remember the BP jerseys they wore in 94-95, but the jersey you posted, I've never seen before.

anyways, I figure i may as well do the NL, so here goes: (all corrected entries are marked with an asterisk)

Cubs: alt blues first appeared in 97, but weren't used all that much until the next season. the Cubs began wearing two versions depending on location: homes had only a number on back, roads had names over the numbers. Aside from special patches appearing on the left sleeve from time to time, this has been the only major change.

*Cardinals: In 1998, the Cardinals wore their BP jerseys as part of a shirt off our backs promotion. These were red with navy piping, the birds-on-bat script on a white background, and the back name and numbers were white with navy trim. Currently, they have their alternate navy cap with a red bill and the bird-on-bat logo.(thanks McCall)

Pirates: the Bucs were the only NL team to wear gray road caps, and unlike their two AL counterparts, they kept theirs for more than one season. this cap had a black bill, and used a black P with gold trim. As far as alternates go, you got the black jerseys, which were worn as Sunday homes and had gold numbers trimmed in red, and were dropped after the 2004 season. Initially worn with this jersey was a black cap with a red bill, and a gold P with red trim. When the Pirates changed to the current vest uniforms, the alt cap's bill was changed to gold, and it was dropped at the same time as the black jersey. Currently, the Pirates' only alternate uniform is the pinstriped version of their home vest.

*Brewers: during the six seasons of the so-called "Motre Bame" logo, the Brewers had two slightly different uniform sets, and hence two slightly different alternates. The 1994-96 alt was navy with gold sleeve piping, and used the germanic Brewers lettering on front with the MB diamond logo underneath. all lettering was white with green and gold trim. The 1997-99 version featured modified Brewers lettering, moved the MB logo to the left sleeve, and replaced it on the front with numbers. the sleeve piping was dropped in 97, and changed to white in 98. lettering color remain the same.

the jersey worn since the 2000 overhaul, like the 94-96 alt, is navy with gold sleeve piping, with the new Brewers script replacing the germanic lettering, and the player name/number font modified accordingly. the MB diamond was replaced by the M-Wisconsin logo, and number coloring was now white with blue outline and gold shadow. For the 2006 season, the Brewers wore slightly modified versions of their 1978-89 home uniform, the main modification being the addition of the old MB glove to the left sleeve, which wasn't present on the originals. (thanks Gothamite)

Reds: when the now-old uniforms were introduced, the Reds initially had three caps: the red with black bill, and black with red bill that you've seen. there was a third cap, solid red, that I recall hearing about it being used for a couple games, but then largely falling into disuse. The Reds introduced alternate red jerseys with white-black-white piping in the 2004 season, which initially only had the wishbone C on the front. the version worn in 2005 and 2006 simplified the piping to plain black, and added a chest number and REDS inside the C. Both versions had white numbers with red trim and black shadow, and the latter version featured Mr. Red on the left sleeve (I forget whether the 2004 red jersey did). 2007 jersey comments will be added later, as I aint looked at em yet.

Astros: the 1994 overhaul yielded a navy jersey that was basically an inverted version of the home whites: Astros wordmark in white outlined in navy and white, with a blue and gold star over the O; white numbers trimmed in navy and white, Astrodome logo on left sleeve. 97 or whereabouts, the Astros began wearing gold-billed versions of their regular cap with the blue jerseys, which by now had added gold sleeve piping and replaced the Astros wordmark with the shooting star.

after the 2000 overhaul, the Astros had three alts: a plain white home uniform with a red shooting star and red numbers trimmed in sand and black, which was worn with the red caps as opposed to the black caps worn with the other uniforms; and two black jerseys, both using sand numbers with black and red trim. the home version read Astros, and the road version read Houston. In 2003(IIRC) the black jerseys were replaced with red jerseys, both of which featured black front numbers trimmed in sand, a star-Texas patch, and sand numbers trimmed in red and black. home/away scheme remained the same. The same year, the plain whites had a facelift, as a script Astros and front number replaced the shooting star; the front lettering was red with sand and black trim, like the back lettering.

Braves: the current red jerseys are the only permanent alternates the Braves have used. these are usually worn with alternate caps that are the same colorwise (navy with red bill), but feature a red A-tomahawk logo instead of a white A.

*Mets: in 1997, the Mets introduced what are affectionately known as the "snow white" uniforms, plain whites with blue piping and Mets script on the front with a number. all lettering is blue with orange trim (a few years after the Mets added the black jerseys, black shadow was added to this lettering). a white cap was also initially worn with this uniform, and it featured a blue bill and blue NY trimmed in orange. the white caps weren't used all that often, and were replaced by a black version, which eventually became the road cap. In 1998, the Mets began wearing black jerseys, which also had blue piping and the Mets script on the front. these have blue lettering with white outline and orange shadow, as I figure most of you know. In 2000 (?), the Mets introduced a road version of the aforementioned blacks, which featured the road New York lettering but was otherwise the same. The black jersey's sleeve patch is a mainly black version of the Mets' classic skyline logo. IIRC in the same year the New York blacks were introduced, the Mets began wearing all black caps with a blue NY trimmed in white with orange shadow. (just remembered a little something I'd forgotten from perusing Ultimate Mets)

Expos/Nationals: the Expos, while they never had permanent alternates, did don their blue BP jerseys for one game against the Phillies in their second to last year before moving to Washington. This jersey had the home Expos script, and like the game jerseys used the Expos primary logo on the left sleeve. It also used the road jersey's red-thin white-blue cuffs, and all lettering was red with white trim.

the Nationals wore their BP jerseys in a game or two in 2005: red with blue piping and underarm gussets, and the DC monogram on the left chest. all lettering was navy with white trim, and the DC and numbers had a gold bevel. I believe the BP caps were also worn, though I'm not 100% sure.

in 2006, the Nats introduced a permanent alternate uniform: red cap with a white DC logo trimmed in navy with gold bevel, and red jersey with navy piping. larger version of cap DC is on left chest, Washington Nationals wordmark on left sleeve, and a number was on the right side of the jersey. other than the DC, name and number coloration is same as on 2005 BPs.

*Phillies: no permanent alternate jerseys, though there is a secondary cap-red with blue bill, and a P with a blue star inside. this cap is mainly used when the Phillies are playing interleague games, though in the past it's also been used when they host a game on the 4th of July. In addtion, in the first three seasons they wore the current uniforms, the Phillies had a blue cap with a red bill. the logo was the current P in red with white trim. And in either 1992 or 93, they wore their red BP jerseys for one series-ending game at San Diego; these jerseys had the road jersey's white-red-white cuffs and the same Phillies script used on the game jerseys, with white numbers on the back only, no names. (thanks Vandy)

Marlins: their sleeveless alternate originally had teal undershirts, though by 1997 they'd been replaced by black undershirts. The 2003 shift to much mo black introduced an alternate home jersey, pinstriped with the fish-F logo on the left chest but otherwise the same as the home Marlins jersey, and a black jersey with the Marlins lettering in silver with black, teal and white outline. player name and numbers have the same coloration.

Giants: their uniform modification in 2000 saw the introduction of two alternate jerseys and an alt cap. the jerseys were both black with orange-black-orange piping. the home version read Giants as the home jersey did, and had the Giants primary logo on the left sleeve along with only a number on the back. the road version read San Francisco on front, featured the secondary SF circle on the sleeve, and had a name above the number. both jerseys had black lettering with orange trim and gold shadow. the cap worn with these jerseys was black, like the traditional cap, but used a black SF trimmed in orange instead of the solid orange SF. The jerseys and cap were dumped before the 2004 season IIRC.

Rockies: A few years after modifying their jerseys for 1999 (or whereabouts), the Rockies introduced a second home jersey featuring the CR logo instead of the Rockies lettering (this jersey reminded me of a Sox ripoff, to be honest...shoot, from the back these looked exactly the same). they also began using purple jerseys with Colorado on the front, and which had black numbers trimmed in white. For the first homestand of the 2004 season, the Rockies wore purple caps with a black and silver CR, though the caps haven't been used much since. the sleeved CR jerseys were replaced with a sleeveless version in 2005. They also began wearing black vests with silver-black-silver (or white-black-white) piping. like the purple jerseys, these read Colorado, though the numbers are silver with purple and white trim. The Rockies had intended to alternate between purple and black sleeves, but almost always wear this vest with black undershirts.

Padres: in the mid 90s, when they still wore blue and orange, the Fathers introduced navy jerseys with white piping. the swinging friar was placed on the left sleeve, and the front had Padres on front in navy with white trim and orange shadow...front number and back name were plain white, back numbers were orange with white trim. in the last couple seasons this jersey was in use, the friar was absent from the sleeve. The new navy third, which features gold numbers and gold-blue-white cuffs, restored the friar to the sleeve.

Diamondbacks: as mentioned in other threads, the D-backs had a lot of caps in their first season but had pared it down to two by year three. in addition to the home purple and road black/teal caps, there was also a white cap with a purple bill, and a teal cap with a purple bill. all caps had the A logo. the teal cap was dumped after the first season, and the white cap was phased out the next season.

alternate uniforms used...where to start? first, the sleeveless A jerseys with purple undershirts, which eventually became home uniforms; then the black jerseys, most often used as road alts, which initially had the A but later replaced it with the Arizona wordmark; and then there was the purples, which also used the Arizona wordmark, only this jersey had a front number.

*Dodgers: they used their BP jerseys in one game sometime between 1997-99, blue with white-blue-white sleeve cuffs. the back lettering and Dodgers script were white, and the front number (like always) was red. About a year or two after changing to the current road jerseys, the Dodgers introduced an alternate uniform: the cap was similar to their traditional blue cap, but the LA was silver trimmed in blue and white, and had a silver bill; the jersey had white-blue-white piping, and the Dodgers scrpt, LA sleeve logo and back lettering were white with blue and silver trim. the trademark red front number was simply trimmed in silver. This uniform wasn't used much at all, maybe twice at most. (thanks bucfan)

2016cubscreamsig.png

About a year or two after changing to the current road jerseys, the Dodgers introduced an alternate uniform: the cap was similar to their traditional blue cap, but the LA was trimmed in blue and silver, and had a silver bill; the jersey had white-blue-white piping, and the Dodgers scrpt, LA sleeve logo and back lettering were white with blue and silver trim. the trademark red front number was simply trimmed in silver. This uniform wasn't used much at all, maybe twice at most.

Accually, the LA was silver, trimmed in blue and white. We sell those ugly ass POS caps in my store for like 5 bucks. We cant give them away.

spacer.png

On 11/19/2012 at 7:23 PM, oldschoolvikings said:
She’s still half convinced “Chris Creamer” is a porn site.)

heh, I've held one in my hand at Hatworld, and I remember the LA clearly being white. I remember the road BPs they wore a couple years ago had silver LA trimmed in blue and white, and while I'm nearsighted, I aint colorblind.

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh, I've held one in my hand at Hatworld, and I remember the LA clearly being white. I remember the road BPs they wore a couple years ago had silver LA trimmed in blue and white, and while I'm nearsighted, I aint colorblind.

You may not be colorblind, but your memory obviously aint that great. :P

DodgersUglyHat.jpg

Its DEFINATELY silver my friend. But still, props for getting all right that you did.

spacer.png

Mets: in 1997, the Mets introduced what are affectionately known as the "snow white" uniforms, plain whites with blue piping and Mets script on the front with a number. all lettering is blue with orange trim. a white cap was also initially worn with this uniform, and it featured a blue bill and blue NY trimmed in orange. the white caps weren't used all that often, and were replaced by a black version, which eventually became the road cap.

BRING BACK THE SNOW WHITE UNIS!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Cardinals: reportedly, the Cards wore BP jerseys in one game in the mid 90s, and I recall the version mentioned as the old red pullovers with the StL cap logo on the left chest, though I could be wrong. Otherwise, they have their alternate navy cap with a red bill and the bird-on-bat logo.

The Cardinals wore the Red Jerseys for a special "Jerseys off our Backs" Charity auction around Labor Day of 1999. It was the previous BP jerseys introduced in 1998 with all the updated modifications, which were actually introduced as BP's but could be worn in some games as alts, though this ended up being the only time they were worn in a game. It was the red button-up with Navy piping and the Birds on the bat (with "Cardinals" in red as well) with the thick white outline. Numbers and names on the back were white trimmed in navy. Worn with the regular home red hats. And man oh man, was it a sweet look that day. Even my mom, who's a big Cards' fan but not necessarily a baseball expert, somehow happens to remember that ONE game and always asks why the don't wear those red uniforms again?

Someday, Mom. Hopefully, someday.

Phillies: no permanent alternate jerseys, though there is a secondary cap-red with blue bill, and a P with a blue star inside. this cap is mainly used when the Phillies are playing interleague games, though in the past it's also been used when they host a game on the 4th of July

I'll vouch for the validity of everything above. In addition, the Phillies played one game in San Diego on a getaway day in either 1992 or 1993 in their red batting practice tops. At the time, the Phils only had one BP jersey, and it feature the Phillies' red script on the front, and white number only on the back (no name, no number on sleeve).

Since then, names have been added to BP jerseys for the Phillies, and a blue version exists as their road BP jersey.

Also, with the current set, there was an alternate solid blue Phillies cap with red "P." I want to say it came out in 1994. It flopped miserably and was quickly forgotten.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

bucfan: you got me there...I coulda sworn it was white, but you got the photographic proof on ya. I raise my coke to you :P

McCall: that was the only other one I coulda imagined it being...shoot, I wish they did use em as alts, they looked better than the now-outgoing BPs (but then, I can say that for a lot of BP jerseys)

Vandy: damn, I forgot about that blue cap...and I have a mini-card with a Phil wearing it, too :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Brewers: during the six seasons of the so-called "Motre Bame" logo, the Brewers had two slightly different uniform sets, and hence two slightly different alternates. The 1994-96 alt was navy with gold sleeve piping, and used the germanic Brewers lettering on front with the MB diamond logo underneath. all lettering was white with green and gold trim. The 1997-99 version featured modified Brewers lettering, moved the MB logo to the left sleeve, and replaced it on the front with numbers. trim and lettering color remain the same.

the jersey worn since the 2000 overhaul, like the previous, is navy with gold sleeve piping, with the new Brewers script replacing the germanic lettering, and the player name/number font modified accordingly. the MB diamond was replaced by the M-Wisconsin logo, and number coloring was now white with blue outline and gold shadow. For the 2006 season, the Brewers wore slightly modified versions of their 1978-89 home uniform, the main modification being the addition of the old MB glove to the left sleeve, which wasn't present on the originals.

One minor addition: there was a slight change in the Brewers' alts when they switched from the AL to the NL in 1998 - thick white piping was added to the sleeves, to match the piping on the home and road sleeves.

jose616.jpg

There was no piping on the 1997 alts, they were solid blue.

bucfan: you got me there...I coulda sworn it was white, but you got the photographic proof on ya. I raise my coke to you :P

CLINK!!!! Thats my bottle of orange soda colliding with your coke bottle. ^_^

spacer.png

Phillies: no permanent alternate jerseys, though there is a secondary cap-red with blue bill, and a P with a blue star inside. this cap is mainly used when the Phillies are playing interleague games, though in the past it's also been used when they host a game on the 4th of July

I'll vouch for the validity of everything above. In addition, the Phillies played one game in San Diego on a getaway day in either 1992 or 1993 in their red batting practice tops. At the time, the Phils only had one BP jersey, and it feature the Phillies' red script on the front, and white number only on the back (no name, no number on sleeve).

Since then, names have been added to BP jerseys for the Phillies, and a blue version exists as their road BP jersey.

Also, with the current set, there was an alternate solid blue Phillies cap with red "P." I want to say it came out in 1994. It flopped miserably and was quickly forgotten.

I believe it was actually 1991, it was the old maroon with the fat p

Brewers: during the six seasons of the so-called "Motre Bame" logo, the Brewers had two slightly different uniform sets, and hence two slightly different alternates. The 1994-96 alt was navy with gold sleeve piping, and used the germanic Brewers lettering on front with the MB diamond logo underneath. all lettering was white with green and gold trim. The 1997-99 version featured modified Brewers lettering, moved the MB logo to the left sleeve, and replaced it on the front with numbers. trim and lettering color remain the same.

the jersey worn since the 2000 overhaul, like the previous, is navy with gold sleeve piping, with the new Brewers script replacing the germanic lettering, and the player name/number font modified accordingly. the MB diamond was replaced by the M-Wisconsin logo, and number coloring was now white with blue outline and gold shadow. For the 2006 season, the Brewers wore slightly modified versions of their 1978-89 home uniform, the main modification being the addition of the old MB glove to the left sleeve, which wasn't present on the originals.

One minor addition: there was a slight change in the Brewers' alts when they switched from the AL to the NL in 1998 - thick white piping was added to the sleeves, to match the piping on the home and road sleeves.

jose616.jpg

as bucfan proved, my memory's been a little fuzzy, and I knew I was probably slightly off on a lot...like so (I'd thought it was always gold, turns out they changed it a couple times...still one of my favorite jerseys though) :D I'd like to see somebody else list all 30 teams' alts since 94 off the top of their head, though :P

as it seems a debate on the Phillies' blue cap's probably gonna start, I'll bring up one point: scoobytim, the cap in question was used in 1992 (and possibly 93 and/or 94), just after the Mike Schmidt-era uniforms were put in mothballs, hence there's no way it coulda been the old maroon cap. heh, Vandy was right, that's one very forgettable cap :D for the sake of mention, the short-lived alt cap was blue with a red bill, and the logo was the current P in red with white trim.

2016cubscreamsig.png

jose616.jpg

as bucfan proved, my memory's been a little fuzzy, and I knew I was probably slightly off on a lot...like so (I'd thought it was always gold, turns out they changed it a couple times...still one of my favorite jerseys though) :D I'd like to see somebody else list all 30 teams' alts since 94 off the top of their head, though :P

as it seems a debate on the Phillies' blue cap's probably gonna start, I'll bring up one point: scoobytim, the cap in question was used in 1992 (and possibly 93 and/or 94), just after the Mike Schmidt-era uniforms were put in mothballs, hence there's no way it coulda been the old maroon cap. heh, Vandy was right, that's one very forgettable cap :D for the sake of mention, the short-lived alt cap was blue with a red bill, and the logo was the current P in red with white trim.

I WAS REFERRING TO THE ONE DAY ONE TIME ALT USED BY THE PHILLIES THAT DAY IN SAN DIEGO, IT WAS 1991 , THE PHILS CHANGED TO THE CURRENT SET IN 92. I WAS NOT ARGUING THE POINT ABOUT BLUE CAPS, BUT SINCE WE HAVE STARTED THE DEBATE, THEY WERE USED IN 94 ONLY. THE ORGINAL PLAN WAS TO USE THEM FOR ALL HOME DAY GAMES, BUT THE TEAM GOT OFF TO BAD START, AND AFTER A COUPLE OF BAD OUTINGS USING THEM THE PLAYERS ASKED TO STOP WEARING THEM, THE CAP WAS PRETTY MUCH GOME BY MID MAY OF 94.

Archived