Giants to Wear Alternate Red Jersey Today

Petrok224

According to the NY POST, the New York Giants will wear their alternate red jersey today against the Dallas Cowboys. The Giants last wore the red alternate on Dec. 4, 2005 in a 17-10 win over the Cowboys.

Last year the Giants wore their road pants with the thin stripes and red-blue-red pattern. However, in 2004 they wore their home pants with the familiar thick blue-red-blue pattern.

It is my guess they will wear the road pants again as it matches a throwback style to way back when, when "Big Blue" wore red jerseys. Maybe someone could get the specific years for that. I believe it was in the '40s and early '50s.

I love them. Although they would be even better if the red socks had white and blue stripes like the Chiefs/Bears, and if the jerseys had a bit more blue in them such as around the collar (not just by the NFL logo) and/or somewhere on the sleeves.

Bucky

I hate the look, just because the blue helmet throws everything out of whack. I say bring in an alternate helmet, maybe silver or white, but blue just throws it out of whack.

They've inspired me to come out of "concept retirement" and make a few tweaks.

First off, many of the Giants are wearing socks with absolutely no white to be found. If there aren't fines for these, the NFL needs to abandon the farce, and just come out and say that they don't have a strict dress code anymore.

Secondly, Tiki Barber's nameplate is a giant freaking oval, about twice as high as the lettering toward the center. That really looks silly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think they should make this the full-time home uniform. Since their away jersey has a lot of red and almost no blue, it would make the team match more. Plus, it would enable them to use the same pants for home and away.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Broncos on orange, still look like the Broncos.

Titans in light blue, look awful, but still look like the Titans.

Giants in red, don't look like the Giants. Everything about the Giants should be in blue, with red trim. Where's the blue?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

First off, many of the Giants are wearing socks with absolutely no white to be found. If there aren't fines for these, the NFL needs to abandon the farce, and just come out and say that they don't have a strict dress code anymore.

Secondly, Tiki Barber's nameplate is a giant freaking oval, about twice as high as the lettering toward the center. That really looks silly.

I've noticed that too. Almost all the Giants have oval nameplates.

On his Uni Watch blog, Paul Lukas says that all the Giants uniforms have rounded namplates, not just the red jerseys. Not sure why it's more apparent on the red jerseys than the others, but it must be the equipment manager's/stitcher's decision.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I agree that they don't look like the Giants, but for some reason I still like this look. If it was on another team, in another league, I think it would be sharp (although some sleeve stripes would be nice... it would help distinguish them from practice jerseys).

Archived