1994 Chargers

Blue Falcon

I remember that the Broncos wore theirs only twice, in week 3 against the Raiders at home and in week 4 against the Bills on the road. I have never found even one photograph from that game against the Bills, in fact, now that I think about it, the only photo reference I've seen is the back of a 1994 Topps Stadium Club, later series, John Elway football card.

The only inaccuracy from their 1965 uniforms was they lack of blue in the stripe on the helmet.

If I'm remembering correctly from some posts on Helmet Hut and from Endzone's Broncos Uniform site they only had the white center stripe on the 1965 helmet and didn't change to the white/blue/white stripes until 1966, the last year of the orange helmets.

I remember that the Broncos wore theirs only twice, in week 3 against the Raiders at home and in week 4 against the Bills on the road. I have never found even one photograph from that game against the Bills, in fact, now that I think about it, the only photo reference I've seen is the back of a 1994 Topps Stadium Club, later series, John Elway football card.

The only inaccuracy from their 1965 uniforms was they lack of blue in the stripe on the helmet.

The 1965 helmets just had one white stripe. The 1966 helmets had the white-blue-white striping pattern. Interestingly, though the Broncos wore the '65 one-stripe throwback in 1994, the full-size throwback helmets sold back then (and still available online) featured the '66 white-blue-white striping pattern. For even further minutiae, the original '66 helmet featured a slighlty different version of the bucking Bronco than has ever been reproduced on any throwback helmets, either mini or full-sized.

Also, the numbers on the original uniforms were in san-serif style, but the throwbacks incorrectly used a serif style.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Now If I remember correctly, the Cowboys wore 4 different style jersey's that year. They wore the double star that they wore when they lost to the dang niners in 94 nfc champ. The blue based version of that jersey, as well as the double star they where now both white and blue... i'll try to find some picture evidence. But I believe I am correct. SO they had both an alt inspired double star and a double star throwback.

I really enjoyed the '94 throwback season. Of course, several teams' throwbacks were nearly indistinguishable from their current unis (Chiefs, Colts, Raiders), and some others didn't try very hard to get it right (Bills, Jets). But seeing the Chargers, Redskins, Falcons, Saints, and Broncos (among others) in their old unis was sweet. One disappointment was that the Rams wore only their yellow '50s throwbacks and never the blue ones. They were another team that just gave a halfhearted effort.

The 1965 helmets just had one white stripe. The 1966 helmets had the white-blue-white striping pattern. Interestingly, though the Broncos wore the '65 one-stripe throwback in 1994, the full-size throwback helmets sold back then (and still available online) featured the '66 white-blue-white striping pattern. For even further minutiae, the original '66 helmet featured a slighlty different version of the bucking Bronco than has ever been reproduced on any throwback helmets, either mini or full-sized.

Also, the numbers on the original uniforms were in san-serif style, but the throwbacks incorrectly used a serif style.

The Cowboys did wear four styles that year: Home White (reg), Road Blue (reg), the WHITE Doublestar Alternate/Third jersey, and their Throwback jersey. The Doublestar first appeared in the Thanksgiving game and was worn two other times against the Saints and the Giants on the road. The BLUE based Doublestar was, I believe, not worn in 1994 but made its debut against Philadelphia in 1995. However, this was available at retail in 1994. The Throwback was worn only one time on a Monday Night Football against the Lions.

Yep, that was why they did it.

As to how many times, I don't know. The Packers wore theirs at least four times that I know of (three home blues, one road whites), so it was a pretty extensive promotion.

I remember seeing the Halloween MNF game against DA BEARS where they wore their White Throwbacks. It was raining very hard, and mud was everywhere. I'm 16 years old, and I seriously remember seeing people in the crowd wearing masks and stuff.

I live in California, and have huge relative spawn in Wisconsin, so therefore most of my family loves the Pack while I hate them death. I'm pretty sure my Mom or Grandma was watching that game.

I still can't believe I remember seeing it.

bSLCtu2.png

That's the one - YAY!

Even though those were completely inaccurate "throwbacks" (they should have used yellow numbers, which is why they're inaccruate), I really love 'em. I loved the entire 1994 set they used - wish they'd bring them back every now and again.

Thanks!

Archived