Sabres Slug

NickNickNick

I've only been able to see the road games on tv, as I've been at every home game so far.

The navy set is clearly the best. They look great on the ice, especially live. The white set isn't spectacular, but it's starting to grow on me.

I do feel like the "third" jerseys are getting tired. Each time they wear them they seem less and less special. The numbers aren't as legible as the new sets.

One thing that I've seen now after all these games is the logo does seem bolder compared to the other one. With a gold logo on white or navy jerseys, it sticks out more than the old logo, which blends in with the jersey.

Is the logo the best in the league? No. Is it the worst? Maybe. I like it. But just like any other logo, it'll change if it stops selling. It doesn't seem like that'll be happening anytime soon.

The slug is the worst logo in the NHL and the uniforms are so convoluted that they are among the worst in the NHL as well. The whole change was a complete disaster and continues to be.

I've been a Sabres fan my whole life but I won't buy anything with the slug on it. It's not so much that I want to take a stand, but that I just don't want to own anything that ugly. The original and B logo merchandise is just fine.

I still dislike it. I'll be happy when they change it. I'm trying to learn to live with it in the meantime, though, being a fan and all.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I like the blue jersey. The colors and accents are really sharp. The design could be a bit better, but it's passable enough, and if it wasn't for the slug on the chest I'd buy a Drury one.

The whites are ok, but not great. Of course I think for 90% of the teams the color jersey is better anyway.

the sabres probably won't change the logo until 2016. Right now the logo has accomplished exactly what they intended to do, and that was create a product that fans are buying. Love or hate the slug, as long as slug stuff is flying off the shelf, the sabres will not be changing the stuff anytime soon. so you better get used to the slug logo FOR A VERY LONG TIME! unlike fisherman, this isn't going to be gone anytime soon.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Just an update...

The Sabres Store at HSBC Arena is no longer taking orders. They are too backed up.

NHL.com has removed the Sabres jerseys from the shop: http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?cat...eventmerch_txt3

1) You have to take into account bandwagon fans who would buy Sabres stuff regardless of the design, just because the team in winning.

2) The Mighty Ducks Disney get-up also lead the NHL in merchandise sales at one point, proving that topping this particular list doesn't mean you have a good look.

Sorry to get off topic, but what's with the fans in the crowd behind Peters wearing the pylons?

72147792me6.jpg

And Martin Biron hanging out with Dandeault?

72108756rf0.jpg

Oh, and btw, that is an UGLY slug.

I know that Biron is very talkative. He never shuts up. He wants in on the action even if he is on the bench. But for the coneheads I don't know. It may be something about the beer vendor in Buffalo who wears a conehead like in that movie. But It's just a guess.

As for the logo. It is growing on me but I still think it is the worst in the league. The home jerseys are great minus the logo. The away jersey is ok. The throwbacks are ok but they should have got new pants and a new helmet for the throwbacks and they should take the #'s off of the chest.

saBS.png

Of course, the best thing that could happen to we who'd wish the Buffalo fans would stop whining about their friggin' logo (no offense, guys) is for them to win the Cup with these duds, just so that the lasting image of the team that finally got them a cup would be the Buffaslug. It would be more than just a footnote if they were more successful in these than with the goathead or the classic look.

Honestly, I think the blue look is one of the best in hockey. If I didn't hate the Sabres so much, I'd go get one. I'm a fan of colored sleeves on jerseys, so the whites aren't too bad i.m.o., but it's definately missing something.

As bad you may think it might be, it isn't Wildwing, it isn't the Vancouver "V", and it isn't the dud king.

philly.png

The slug is still a sucky logo. That has not changed.

While I like the jersey colors, I do not care for the pointless colored blobs on them. There just there for the sake of being there. They aren't buffalo horn or sword shaped to tie in with the team name or logo like the last Sabres jersey, where you could see the point of them being there.

This entire jersey just REEKS of being a Reebok corporate template just waiting to be redone in Canadiens, Devils and Islanders colors next year with the EXACT SAME shapes and locations.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I live in the NYC Metro area and noticed some of the new Sabres merchandise trickling in. I stopped in the New Era store and picked up a fitted cap with the new logo on it. The colors are nice but that slug needs tweaking b/c when I was walking around the city with it, 2 people asked me what is that. Only ones who recognized it were a couple of out of towners who themselves were wearing the new logo.

Archived