dolphins pants striping

southpawstu19

Well, I agree...if the pants are the same color. If the pants are different (like in your aqua), then it gets a little reversed and that looks better. I don't like the big white gap in the FL white pants just like I don't like the sleeve stripes on the Red OSU jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm really confused now about the actual topic in this thread.

Are you guys saying the stripe of the Dolphins pants actually match the helmet or do not match the helmet?

Because they do indeed match as far as color pattern is concerned.

As far as the actual color is concerned they do not match. The reason is that the aqua color on the helmet is metallic and the aqua pants are not. But I think if you saw a bunch of guys running around with metallic aqua colored pants it might look a bit strange....then again if you've ever been to South Beach I guess it wouldn't shock you.

Since the outside stripes on the helmet are aqua, there is no need for aqua outside stripes on the aqua pants. Accordingly, it would appear that the colors match the helmet's striping scheme on both pants if you want to count the base color of the aqua pants as part of the color match equation. It also seems as if the stripes on the aqua pants are wider so as to fill the same amount of space as the stripes on the white pants.

Well it's not like the Dolphins use the Aqua pants anymore...

Personally, I love the striping, but as a huge Dolphins fan I'm extremely biased.

As far as the matching colours, the PANTONE colours are the same... therefore it's the case of the material. The only way colours will match 100% of the time in every kind of light is if the same material is used everywhere the colour is. And that simply can't happen.

And BTW, Florida's white pants have ALWAYS bugged me. I can't stand pants with the center primary stripe is the same colour. The only exception would be the Colts, only because of the matching shoulder stripes.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

As far as the matching colours, the PANTONE colours are the same... therefore it's the case of the material. The only way colours will match 100% of the time in every kind of light is if the same material is used everywhere the colour is. And that simply can't happen.

He's not talking about the colors themselves, but the order in which they are arranged.

On the white pants, the order matches the helmet. On the aqua pants, it does not.

Actually, it doesn't match on the aqua pants. (I agree though, that the pants being aqua 'covers' the need to account for the outside aqua stripe on the helmet)

But look at the center orange stripe. On the helmet it's white to either side. On the pants, there's a small strip of aqua between the orange and the white.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Actually, it doesn't match on the aqua pants. (I agree though, that the pants being aqua 'covers' the need to account for the outside aqua stripe on the helmet)

But look at the center orange stripe. On the helmet it's white to either side. On the pants, there's a small strip of aqua between the orange and the white.

True, but doesn't the stripe pattern on the aqua pants match the stripe pattern on the rarely-worn aqua jerseys? Where I'm at all the NFL sites are blocked, but here is a link to the drawing on the Football Uniforms Past & Present site (not knowing what their bandwidth is I'm only posting a link):

http://www.weirdwolf.net/ffp/images/1990/Miami97.gif

The jersey stripes are on the cuff, but they run navy/white/aqua/orange/aqua/white/navy - just like the pants.

Now, can someone tell me why the white jersys have a wide solid aqua cuff/stripe instead of something that matches the helmet and white pants (besides the obvious that the stripe pattern is way too busy for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch wide cuff)?

The stripes pretty much DO match on the solid aqua pants even though there isn't a white stripe outside of the aqua part because that would make it have too many stripes.....oh forget it. This is pretty dumb to take this discussion this far. UGH!

fine....

they DON'T match <_<

The stripes pretty much DO match on the solid aqua pants even though there isn't a white stripe outside of the aqua part because that would make it have too many stripes.....oh forget it. This is pretty dumb to take this discussion this far. UGH!

fine....

they DON'T match <_<

What's ridiculous is that the Fins have only worn the aqua jerseys 10 times since the 2000 season began. They've worn the hideous orange alts 3 times, and the white jerseys a whopping 80 times!! :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

What's ridiculous is that the Fins have only worn the aqua jerseys 10 times since the 2000 season began. They've worn the hideous orange alts 3 times, and the white jerseys a whopping 80 times!! :cursing:

The aqua jerseys are for home night games only (or when the home opponent chooses white) and Miami hasn't been a team where they're going to be a prime choice for SNF or MNF games.

Thusly, a dropoff on the frequency of aqua.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

i just noticed this today, but the striping on the pants for the fins is different for each color...personally i think the stripe should always match the one on the helmet, kinda like what florida does with their pants

39.jpg

and

phf-aagm250.jpg

and how uf does it....

21244608.jpg

040727leak.jpg

p1_030805_leak_getty.jpg

any thoughts?

Here's a thought, Chris Leak sucks. :D

And yeah I agree, the striping pattern from the white pants would look better on the aqua set. Now if they'd only just EVER WEAR THEM AGAIN :cursing:

i just noticed this today, but the striping on the pants for the fins is different for each color...personally i think the stripe should always match the one on the helmet, kinda like what florida does with their pants

39.jpg

and

phf-aagm250.jpg

and how uf does it....

21244608.jpg

040727leak.jpg

p1_030805_leak_getty.jpg

any thoughts?

Here's a thought, Chris Leak sucks. :D

And yeah I agree, the striping pattern from the white pants would look better on the aqua set. Now if they'd only just EVER WEAR THEM AGAIN :cursing:

:cursing:

UGH! Its the same striping pattern!!!! minus the white outer coloring....oh well, why do I even bother.

Does anyone have the link to that official uniform site that can clear this up? I've been looking for it, but can't find it. It should clear up the pant stripe thing.

:cursing:

UGH! Its the same striping pattern!!!! minus the white outer coloring....oh well, why do I even bother.

Does anyone have the link to that official uniform site that can clear this up? I've been looking for it, but can't find it. It should clear up the pant stripe thing.

I don't have the link you request, but look a little closer - the striping pattern is a bit different.

On the white pants and the helmets the striping pattern is: aqua/thin navy/thin white space/orange/thin white space/thin navy/aqua.

On the aqua pants the stripe pattern is thin navy/white/thin aqua space/orange/thin aqua space/white/thin navy. However, I do think that stripe pattern matches the stripes/cuffs on the aqua jersey although all the stripes appear to be equal sized.

This issue is the change of the position of that thin navy stripe - it is inside the thicker aqua stripe on the white pants and outside the the thicker white stripe on the aqua pants.

Archived