Updating my Logo

Gazzzaf

I seem to do this all the time but I've looked to change my logo again. Logos certainly haven't been my strong point in the past and that may be because I never thought out a design properly. This time I've put in a bit of thought and decided on something simpler but (hopefully) still effective.

Keep in mind that I'm not posting the logos for consideration against eachother but please consider the two as a set. I might add to it later on. I also plan to update my website to something a little more simplistic in the next month or two.

Gazzzaf-Logo-10.gif

C&C Please

sig.png

Get rid of the D part in the logo - emphasize the g - you can do some really cool things with the G alone and I think the D is a bit superfluous. I like the typeface you chose - I think the single letter on its own though could be a nice standalone. If you want to keep the D part of the logo, you need to emphasize it more - right now it gets lost in with the ghost grey, so it looks like there's some random blob on the end of the G. Not a bad start, Gary

OD_Signature.jpg

The first draft is easily your best, but just make the grey into green. Make it a single color logo. And try to make it look a little more modern, it kind of looks washed like an 80's logo right now. Not entirely sure how you can do it, maybe the color or try to shear it or something. Just experiment. Maybe try to stray from just a perfect oval type thing, just some ideas.

Yeah I made the logo look a little more retro than most that come out these days, just so it stands out from the waves of web 2.0 logos that are out there (I have nothing against them but I think they are overused). For some reason I really like green and grey together, I'll concede that its probably too light so I've darkened it a bit.

I've decided to throw some more ideas around to see if they are any better than before.

Gazzzaf-Logo-12.gif

Note: The logo with the "G" alone would probably have the text underneath it and not to the side.

sig.png

You should have the CCSLC members vote on the design they think you should go with.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Gazzzaf-Logo-12.gif

^ I love this one. Lower left. The way the G forms the illusion of becoming the side of the D and receding into space like a perspective drawing is really great. Or vice versa, with the D being the faux side of the G. This one has the most clarity of letterform, the most sensical and fluid placement of each letter, and the most interesting element to look at. The winner.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree with tempest 100%. The illusion is very attention grabbing and I really think that particular design will translate well to market yourself. Great work and good luck with your future projects!! :grin:

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

At the moment I'm leaning towards the bottom centre. I like the bottom left a lot too but when the name is placed next to the logo instead of under, it looks a little off balance. I've started on a new site layout using the above colours so hopefully I will be able to post a pic of that soon as well.

sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived