Patrik Stefan

HedleyLamarr

The Dallas Stars are starting to learn why the Thrashers tossed him in the Modry deal this past offseason. I know he's really shy about shooting the puck, but I didn't know he was this timid. And the best part was, his former teammate Ray Ferraro is ripping him badly.

Classic blundering by Stefan:

(There are other videos featuring Stefan's dopey effort in live action on the right side...)

Enjoy TD Stefan, Dallas!

That was disgusting...when I saw that on SportsnetNews, I really didn't know how to react. I wanted to laugh, but I was more mad than anything since Dallas gave Edmonton a free point in a very tight division that could be decided by one point.

What an idiot...and this guy was the number one overall pick :lol:

I was screaming at him. He's trying to be the cool guy and ad some flair to an easy goal and almost costs the game.

However, to say that he's the only person to stupidly miss an emptynetter would be a lie, the list of guilty players is long and pretty distinguished.

...And where's the thread ripping NYR's Lundqvist for trying to put an emptynet goal on his stats for this year? That also ended with a goal going the other way.

I was screaming at him. He's trying to be the cool guy and ad some flair to an easy goal and almost costs the game.

However, to say that he's the only person to stupidly miss an emptynetter would be a lie, the list of guilty players is long and pretty distinguished.

...And where's the thread ripping NYR's Lundqvist for trying to put a goal on his stats for this year?

I beg to differ. He could have raced to the net even faster to put it in and that would have been even more of an a-hole move IMO. The puck hit a grove, while going backhand and got away from him.

the real problem here is that yah, he missed the open net on the breakaway :D but how do the Oilers come back and score in what 5 seconds, the Dallas defence is the real thing to blame hear, empty net goal or not the d should have been able to hold the oilers of for 5 seconds, even if it ment taking a penalty, which would been a good play.

untitled-6.jpg

Patrik Stefan = Bust.

nuff said.

why on earth did dallas want him? he's wasting a roster spot that could be going to someone like Loui Erickson.

Uh, Loui Eriksson (that's how smart people spell it) IS on the roster.

Wow what was he thinking?

That the puck wasn't going to hop off his blade.

ya and they passed on daniel and henrik sedin

Of course, they could have used that oh-so-tricky maneuver of picking two players with the same pick... <_<

I think the decreeing of Patrik Stefan as a bust must be made with a rather large caveat: The 1999 Entry Draft was horrible. Other than the Sedins, the only players in the first round worth mentioning are Barret Jackman at No. 17 and Martin Havlat at No. 26. And considering how the Sedins were (correctly) pointed out as a pair that would have to go together in the draft (And as an expansion team, they had no players to go with draft picks to trade), who else could they pick? Pavel Brendl? Denis Shvidki?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

....with the exception of the crease area?

Dallas brought it with them from the AAC... :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

And let's not forget that Ray Ferraro's summation is what's really disgusting.

Don't you think a former teammate of Stefan's would know more about his crappy play moreso than us fans?

Let's remember Retard Ray said that it's the the most embarrassing thing he's ever seen!

I can think of a bunch but we'll just go with Steve Smith scoring on his own team in the cup finals.

CASE CLOSED. Ray is a retard.

Bravo to what Ferraro said and ripping an ex-teammate deserves even more Kudos. Everything he said 100% true.

See above. Hyperbole and exagerration are allowed, but his statement was patently false.

Patrik Stefan = Bust.

nuff said.

why on earth did dallas want him? he's wasting a roster spot that could be going to someone like Loui Erickson.

Uh, Loui Eriksson (that's how smart people spell it) IS on the roster.

Wow what was he thinking?

That the puck wasn't going to hop off his blade.

ok stand corrected. Gotta pay more attention to the stars. i don't know why i don't Loui Eriksson is a player i like.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Don't you think a former teammate of Stefan's would know more about his crappy play moreso than us fans?

Let's remember Retard Ray said that it's the the most embarrassing thing he's ever seen!

I can think of a bunch but we'll just go with Steve Smith scoring on his own team in the cup finals.

Actually, that was only the second round, the 1986 Smythe Division Finals.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Actually, that was only the second round, the 1986 Smythe Division Finals.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Whatever. What's the worst case scenario here? Stefan's inability to calm the puck after it hit the flaw in the ice sends them to overtime where the lose. Oh no. 1 point for an overtime/shootout loss instead of 2 for a win. it's 1 point. It does not end the season. It does not ruin one's chances of advancing in the playoffs. The stars won a game that looked as if it was going to be an Oiler blowout. Remember the Stars trailed 4-1, lost their backup goalie to injury and had to call on a very tired Turco.

Archived