I hereby declare Boise State as National Champs!

Derby

So, whilst you folks are busy marching forward trying to give half of the national title to Boise State in the Umpteenth CCSLC High-n-Mighty Moral Crusade, would you mind giving split titles to the 2004 Auburn Tigers, 2004 Utah Utes, 1999 Marshall Thundering Herd, 1998 Tulane Green Wave, 1994 Penn State Nittany Lions, and the 1993 Auburn Tigers?

Yes. All except Auburn. I have a jihad against Auburn.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, whilst you folks are busy marching forward trying to give half of the national title to Boise State in the Umpteenth CCSLC High-n-Mighty Moral Crusade, would you mind giving split titles to the 2004 Auburn Tigers, 2004 Utah Utes, 1999 Marshall Thundering Herd, 1998 Tulane Green Wave, 1994 Penn State Nittany Lions, and the 1993 Auburn Tigers?

wow.

It really doesn't matter. Auburn recognizes the 2004 team as Co-National Champions, and I agree with yh, Colorado should've had that W revoked...How in the hell do you get 5 downs???

wow.

My superintendent during High School was an Auburn grad. He made us go to school with 4 feet of snow on the ground.

:censored: him and anyone else who associates with Auburn.

(Just thought you needed an explanation)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

If I could locate your little "CCSLC Post of the Day" ribbon, I would totally award this post.

Dub thyself!

Though one point...Auburn was on probation in 1993. I don't think a team on probation is eligible to be national champion. I know Auburn was banned from postseason play.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If I could locate your little "CCSLC Post of the Day" ribbon, I would totally award this post.

Dub thyself!

Though one point...Auburn was on probation in 1993. I don't think a team on probation is eligible to be national champion. I know Auburn was banned from postseason play.

Well, I figured since they're tossing national championships around like confetti at a party, they wouldn't let NCAA Probation get in the way of righting some wrongs!

As for the ribbon...

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

One word: Yes except for Auburn in 93 since they were on probation.

There's only one way to settle this.... opening kick off to the 2007 college football season Florida vs Boise St. on the blue turf in Boise....

Boise State should have at least had a chance to play for the national championship. It wasn't their fault that other "big named" teams decide to put some division I-AA or division II teams on their schedule instead of Boise State (isn't that right Colorado? :D) Do I think they would win, no, but we'll never know.

The fact is, as the system is right now, that Florida is the national champion. Deal with it. Congrats to the Gators. They were severely disrespected by a lot of people who were demanding Michigan play in that game.

As for the playoff, I say take four teams, with having the criteria of winning their conference, playing in two of the four big bowls as semi-final games( say Orange and Rose Bowls one year and Fiesta and Sugar Bowls the next) with the title game at one of the four venues.

I saw, I came, I left.

There's only one way to settle this.... opening kick off to the 2007 college football season Florida vs Boise St. on the blue turf in Boise....

Boise State should have at least had a chance to play for the national championship. It wasn't their fault that other "big named" teams decide to put some division I-AA or division II teams on their schedule instead of Boise State (isn't that right Colorado? :D) Do I think they would win, no, but we'll never know.

The fact is, as the system is right now, that Florida is the national champion. Deal with it. Congrats to the Gators. They were severely disrespected by a lot of people who were demanding Michigan play in that game.

As for the playoff, I say take four teams, with having the criteria of winning their conference, playing in two of the four big bowls as semi-final games( say Orange and Rose Bowls one year and Fiesta and Sugar Bowls the next) with the title game at one of the four venues.

I love it. From the front page...

I hereby declare Boise State... DEAD!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

One word: Yes except for Auburn in 93 since they were on probation.

Yes, Auburn was on probation. No one counts that. We couldn't even be on tv that year.

Also, don't crown retroactive National Championships... leave that to the University of Alabama.

and Cyclopsis.....easy man. Auburn's got a ton of cool folks. He probably didn't know what to do ...we don't get much snow down here.

and one other thing...Auburn doesn't actually claim 2004 as being co-national champs. The main mention is in the media guide where it says "National Champions [People's Choice]" referring to the on-line poll. There is no trophy in the museum or anything. Most people just call it "The Perfect Season" (in fact that's what the mural outside Jordan-Hare reads).

If you ask most Auburn fans, most true Auburn fans, they won't claim that People's Choice championship because it was dumb. It was a kid from a town right next door who organized a poll and got some media types to buy into his idea. Most of the stuff from that year got to be a joke when Tommy Tubberville said something like "I think Golf Digest wants to name us National Champions".

Auburn just claims one true National Championship. 1957.

but remember this quote:

"If some laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to name us National Champions we'll take it" - Bear Bryant.

So, whilst you folks are busy marching forward trying to give half of the national title to Boise State in the Umpteenth CCSLC High-n-Mighty Moral Crusade?, would you mind giving split titles to the 2004 Auburn Tigers, 2004 Utah Utes, 1999 Marshall Thundering Herd, 1998 Tulane Green Wave, 1994 Penn State Nittany Lions, and the 1993 Auburn Tigers?

Could we also vote in one more yard for the 1999-2000 Tennessee Titans? :P

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

and Cyclopsis.....easy man. Auburn's got a ton of cool folks. He probably didn't know what to do ...we don't get much snow down here.

He was from around here, if I remember right. He was just a dick.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I'm not singling anyone out or starting a fight, but why are people making topics or creating sigs about the greatness of Boise State? YOU WEREN'T EVEN IN THE TITLE GAME! Granted, college football's playoff system sucks ass, but c'mon, just because you went undefeated doesn't mean you're the champs. I'm sure some D3 teams went undefeated and nobody declared them the champs. Your team was ranked that way for a reason and didn't have the points to make it to the top for a reason. Get over it. Continue to build your program and schedule some tougher opponents and you'll get the chance to be the champs. I'd be all for it rooting for the "underdog" but the fact is, you're not the champs.

I'm a Cane fan. We got jobbed the year before our last championship. We beat FSU and they went to the title game by only a slight BCS margin. Nobody else "declared" us the champs. It sucks, but due to $$$, there will NOT be a normal playoff system in the near future. So for now, you have to hope your team is voted high, doesn't lose late, and doesn't have like a 2 month wait to play.

Deal with it! I'm a Cane fan and it kills me to give the Gators credit, but they came out of the best division right now, won it, and beat up a favored Buckeye squad.

KISSwall09.jpg

He was from around here, if I remember right. He was just a dick.

get a mac

why are people making topics or creating sigs about the greatness of Boise State? YOU WEREN'T EVEN IN THE TITLE GAME!

And who's fault is that? I think it be the BCS committee's.

Your team was ranked that way for a reason and didn't have the points to make it to the top for a reason.

Boise State was not ranked lower than Florida for any legitmate reason. The reason why Boise State was ranked lower is because they started lower. Rankings are simply this week's result applyed to last week's poll.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived