I hereby declare Boise State as National Champs!

Derby

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSU hung 43 on OU.

Oklahoma was supposed to run all over BSU.

OSU was supposed to run all over UF.

Look how those turned out.

When the dust settled, BSU is the only one with the thing that matters:

A '0' in the loss column.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

To all who think that Boise State deserves to be national champs based on eating cupcakes,

Don't be stupid.

Sincerely,

A Realistic Observer

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I posted this in the other thread but it's more suited for this thread.

-------------------------------------

This just in, Breaking News!!!!!!

The Baltimore Colts have been voted the 1968 World Champions of Professional football. It seems voters were impressed by the Colts 34-0 victory in the NFL championship over the Cleveland Browns. Voters were also not impressed with AFL Champion New York Jets schedule and the fact that they play in the weak American Football League. The Jets finished in the Poll ranked 5th behind every NFL playoff team despite winning the AFL championship.

-------------------------------------

Just another classic sports moment brought to you by the College Football system. After all it works it's not like the Jets would have beaten the Colts and pretty much dominate them in a common championship game that year.

I have no problem in Derby crowning Boise State the National Champions, he's about as qualified as the other voters are.

BSU hung 43 on OU.

Oklahoma was supposed to run all over BSU.

OSU was supposed to run all over UF.

Look how those turned out.

When the dust settled, BSU is the only one with the thing that matters:

A '0' in the loss column.

So was BYU really the best team in 1984? I am sorry, I forgot that many of those on this board were not even born in 1984, less remember that bowl season. Even with two losses, I would not want to play LSU next week in a "plus 1" game.

Who gives a :censored: who anyone declares? Florida won the national championship. STFU and deal.

We now return you to your regularly schedule hating, already in progress

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I hereby declare anyone who believes this an idiot. Look, I hate the BCS as much as anyone, and I am all for a playoff system. A week ago, I was rooting for Boise State (in fact, I told all my friends they would beat OU). Does Boise State deserve a shot to play for the national title? Absolutely. But, until something changes, we have to accept the system we are dealt. Florida made a run through the toughest conference in America, Florida won their conference championship (woah, there's an idea for the Big 10), and Florida smacked down the almighty Ohio State Buckeyes. Of course a playoff system is needed, but Florida won the BCS championship. So starting threads like this or making BSU championship sigs is just ignorant.

AM.gif

agreed. florida is the champion this year. they had a great season and its too bad that there are so many gatorhaters out there saying that florida didn't deserve it. let it be known that florida deserves to be the national champion this year. let it also be known that i'm not disputing that even though i still think michigan got voted out and had a good argument for being number 2 (at the time).

however i reserve the right to believe that boise state should have had a chance to play for the title and that the bcs is a joke. and i reserve the right to voice my opinion regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of it.

that is all.

"Yeah, us Florida fans think you are all idiots for not realizing our team is the national champions!"

Yeah, us Falcons fans are still mad that everyone things the Broncos won Super Bowl 33.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

So, whilst you folks are busy marching forward trying to give half of the national title to Boise State in the Umpteenth CCSLC High-n-Mighty Moral Crusade, would you mind giving split titles to the 2004 Auburn Tigers, 2004 Utah Utes, 1999 Marshall Thundering Herd, 1998 Tulane Green Wave, 1994 Penn State Nittany Lions, and the 1993 Auburn Tigers?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So, whilst you folks are busy marching forward trying to give half of the national title to Boise State in the Umpteenth CCSLC High-n-Mighty Moral Crusade™, would you mind giving split titles to the 2004 Auburn Tigers, 2004 Utah Utes, 1999 Marshall Thundering Herd, 1998 Tulane Green Wave, 1994 Penn State Nittany Lions, and the 1993 Auburn Tigers?

. . . and while you're at it, please refuse to recognize the split titles of the 1990 Colorado Buffaloes and the 1997 Nebraska Cornhuskers, both of whom should have an extra loss on their records seeing as how there is clear and convincing evidence that neither team actually defeated the University of Missouri in a legitimate fashion! As long as we're going to be moral, let's not reward cheaters - referees be damned!

Florida vs. BSU would be mighty fun.

Boise State is ranked fifth for the season. As it should be. A blow out loss to Florida and they'd drop right out of the top ten.

Considering their schedule, fifth place is a pretty good ranking.

"Yeah, us Florida fans think you are all idiots for not realizing our team is the national champions!"

Yeah, us Falcons fans are still mad that everyone things the Broncos won Super Bowl 33.

The Broncos did not "win" the Super Bowl. Eugene Robinson lost it.

With that being said, the shock of Boise St. winning the Fiesta Bowl has worn off, and I'm realizing that although the game was great, lightning surely can't strike twice. But we'll never know.

I'm in favor of a plus one, that way debates like this can be settled without the hassle of a playoff, since we all know that the powers that be would NEVER extend the season.

Archived