I hereby declare Boise State as National Champs!

Derby

BSU hung 43 on OU.

Oklahoma was supposed to run all over BSU.

OSU was supposed to run all over UF.

Look how those turned out.

When the dust settled, BSU is the only one with the thing that matters:

A '0' in the loss column.

So was BYU really the best team in 1984? I am sorry, I forgot that many of those on this board were not even born in 1984, less remember that bowl season. Even with two losses, I would not want to play LSU next week in a "plus 1" game.

I definatley agree that right now LSU is the hottest team in the nation. As for BSU, I would recognize them as national champions if they played a non-conference schedule on par with Fresno State, but they dont. Sacramento State isn't exactly a powerhouse program. And lets also not forget that BSU did not completely dominate all year barely escaping against San Jose State and winning a close game versus Hawai'i.

Another thing to consider is that BSU's coach is content with a #5 rating saying that it is "fair". When the coach claims #5 is fair I don't know how you really can make an argument that they are #1. Here is the article CBS Sportsline article

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, before the game why didn't anyone say that it was Boise State, not Florida nor Michigan, to play Ohio State?

'Cause they're Boise State haters. :D More to the point, "mid-major haters."

Sorry, I mean't to say "who should play them." It was a comment about how BSU wasn't mentioned at all in the whole "Who should really play OSU?" controversy.

Reigning Champion...Dancing with the Stars

OOH. OOH.

The hyperdefensive position that gregjigga and BgMack and all those other people are assuming is funny.

First, don't you dare lump me in with BgMack's raving lunacy. It reminded me of the Howard Dean speech. We've won 2 football national championships...and a basketball national championship...and one in ultimate frisbee...and one in soccer...and 2 in swimming...and we put 200 student-athletes on the honor roll...and we're ranked 13th by US News...and 11th by Princeton Review...and second by Kiplinger's...and Emmitt Smith won Dancing with the Stars. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I don't think anyone is jealous and I don't give a damn how many SEC volleyball championships they've won or where they're ranked by Kiplinger's.

Second, I'm not defensive at all. I don't give a :censored: about Florida or Boise State. I just wanted the Gators to win because I'm pretty anti-Big 11. I'm all for the little guy. I wanted BSU to play OSU...since they were the only undefeated teams. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Chicago Boy.

Now, if people want to make sigs celebrating Boise State's undefeated season, I say go for it. Hell, I'll even make you one if you ask nicely. But that whole "National Champions" bull:censored: is just stupid. There is a BCS National Championship game, and the winner of that game is recognized as the bowl subdivision/D-I champion by the NCAA.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

OOH. OOH.

The hyperdefensive position that gregjigga and BgMack and all those other people are assuming is funny.

First, don't you dare lump me in with BgMack's raving lunacy. It reminded me of the Howard Dean speech. We've won 2 football national championships...and a basketball national championship...and one in ultimate frisbee...and one in soccer...and 2 in swimming...and we put 200 student-athletes on the honor roll...and we're ranked 13th by US News...and 11th by Princeton Review...and second by Kiplinger's...and Emmitt Smith won Dancing with the Stars. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I don't think anyone is jealous and I don't give a damn how many SEC volleyball championships they've won or where they're ranked by Kiplinger's.

Second, I'm not defensive at all. I don't give a :censored: about Florida or Boise State. I just wanted the Gators to win because I'm pretty anti-Big 11. I'm all for the little guy. I wanted BSU to play OSU...since they were the only undefeated teams. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Chicago Boy.

Now, if people want to make sigs celebrating Boise State's undefeated season, I say go for it. Hell, I'll even make you one if you ask nicely. But that whole "National Champions" bull:censored: is just stupid. There is a BCS National Championship game, and the winner of that game is recognized as the bowl subdivision/D-I champion by the NCAA.

Actually that's not entirely correct.

The NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process. Since 1998, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has conducted a contest between it's two top-ranked teams to determine a national champion.

NCAA Website

That's why you get one of this:

custom-coaches-lg.jpg

Instead of one of these:

d1aa_fbc_delaware_kckeeler_150w_ap_121903.jpg

It's really just going to get into semantics. But to be fair, no organization has come forward to declare Boise their "National Champions" so they have no claim to a trophy.

Everyone who is pulling for Boise State is just jealous it's true. This whole thread is pointless and childish. The Florida Gators are the top team in the land...live with it and deal with it. Boise State is not the real Orange and Blue.

UF has students from every county in Florida, every state in the United States and over 100 countries.

2006 NCAA Football National Champions

2006 NCAA Basketball National Champions

2006 Ultimate Frisbee Champions

2006 Kiplinger Report #2 Academic Ranking

2006 Princeton Review #11 Academic Ranking (Public)

2006 US News #13 Academic Ranking (Public)

2005 NCAA Baseball National Finalists

2004 NCAA Volleyball National Finalists

2002 Record 193 Student-Athletes on the SEC Academic Honor Roll

2000 NCAA Basketball Final Four

1998 NCAA Soccer National Champions

1996 NCAA Football National Champions

1994 NCAA Basketball Final Four

1982 NCAA Swimming National Champions

1980 NCAA Swimming National Champions

Third largest University, Eighth Largest Budget ($1.9 Billion)

Second among all colleges for National Merit Scholar attendance.

First among public universities for sitting members of the U.S. Congress. (Almanac of American Politics)

Award winning programs in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Business, Journalism (ever heard of Erin Andrews?), Building Construction, Chemistry (Gatorade!) and Accounting.

Fourteen SEC Volleyball Championships

Fourteen Consecutive SEC All-Sports Trophies

Two Heisman Trophies

One Gator Nation...Go Gators!

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

I just don't get all of this. Maybe it's because I come from a city whose only major football team has only won two games in three years.

Honestly? No one has won the national championship. Boise State had the best record. Florida won the game that pitted the two teams at the top of the Excel spreadsheet when the head geek in charge hit the "sort" button. Until they play each other, neither one of them can claim jack.

College football is a farce. My opinion of it is the same that I hold for Yankees fans. Yankees fans, as individuals, are very nice people. Some of my closest friends are Yankees fans. But if you group them all together, they're utterly ridiculous and stupid... as a group.

Same goes for college football. I'll watch college football games and enjoy them throughly, being totally ignorant to the fact that, in most cases, these games mean nothing towards their chances of actually playing towards a national championship. College football games are very exciting. When you group them together, you get the BCS. Then it's just ridiculous and stupid.

How 'bout dem apples?

philly.png

Everyone who is pulling for Boise State is just jealous it's true. This whole thread is pointless and childish. The Florida Gators are the top team in the land...live with it and deal with it. Boise State is not the real Orange and Blue.

UF has students from every county in Florida, every state in the United States and over 100 countries.

First among public universities for sitting members of the U.S. Congress. (Almanac of American Politics)

Award winning programs in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Business, Journalism (ever heard of Erin Andrews?), Building Construction, Chemistry (Gatorade!) and Accounting.

Two Heisman Trophies

Congratulations...here, have a cookie.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Two Heisman Trophies

I am just waiting for a UCLA fan..come on..somebody besides me post it..

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I just don't get all of this. Maybe it's because I come from a city whose only major football team has only won two games in three years.

Honestly? No one has won the national championship. Boise State had the best record. Florida won the game that pitted the two teams at the top of the Excel spreadsheet when the head geek in charge hit the "sort" button. Until they play each other, neither one of them can claim jack.

College football is a farce. My opinion of it is the same that I hold for Yankees fans. Yankees fans, as individuals, are very nice people. Some of my closest friends are Yankees fans. But if you group them all together, they're utterly ridiculous and stupid... as a group.

Same goes for college football. I'll watch college football games and enjoy them throughly, being totally ignorant to the fact that, in most cases, these games mean nothing towards their chances of actually playing towards a national championship. College football games are very exciting. When you group them together, you get the BCS. Then it's just ridiculous and stupid.

How 'bout dem apples?

I like 'em just fine.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

How 'bout dem apples?

Absolutely agree.

Actually the true Orange and Blue would be Auburn.

http://i.a.cnn.net./si/multimedia/photo_ga...s/016227006.jpg

27-17

normal_2005_auburn_darren_mcfadden.jpg

27-10!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Continuing on, no pictures needed.

Oregon State beat USC... Washington State beat Oregon State... Washington beat Washington State... Oklahoma beat Washington... Texas beat Oklahoma... Texas A&M beat Texas... Texas Tech beat Texas A&M... Colorado beat Texas Tech... Montana State beat Colorado... Chadron State beat Montana State.

Chadron State for National Champs!

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived