Stephen Colbert VS Ontario Hockey League

friarcanuck

He doesn't hate the OHL, he loves the Saginaw Spirit, and jokes about 'America's favorite pasttime; Ontario Junior Hockey.

The Oshawa Generals do an annual 'Teddy-bear' toss for charity, and they happened to play Saginaw this season. So Colbert (as we know, is pronounce Col-bear) twisted it into something hilarious.

Watching the Genies logo on TV was awesome, and watching someone pimp the OHL is even better

He doesn't hate the OHL, he loves the Saginaw Spirit, and jokes about 'America's favorite pasttime; Ontario Junior Hockey.

The Oshawa Generals do an annual 'Teddy-bear' toss for charity, and they happened to play Saginaw this season. So Colbert (as we know, is pronounce Col-bear) twisted it into something hilarious.

Watching the Genies logo on TV was awesome, and watching someone pimp the OHL is even better

Ahhhhhh, ok I understand now. Again I don't watch the show regularly, but I found it hilarious how he brought up the new arena in Oshawa and GM's 3rd quarter losses.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

...just one problem... the teddy bear toss was actually against the Mississauga Ice Dogs...

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/events/events.php?ID=101

I was surprised to see the IceDogs logo recently when he was talking about how members of congress decided to go to the BCS title game. He suggested they delay some bill to go a game against Sudbury.

Ahhhhhh, ok I understand now. Again I don't watch the show regularly, but I found it hilarious how he brought up the new arena in shawa and GM's 3rd quarter losses.

He also brought up Brampton earlier this season and mentioned how the city is the Tulip Capital of Canada. Then he asked... "What are you going to do? Pollenate us?"

I saw, I came, I left.

...just one problem... the teddy bear toss was actually against the Mississauga Ice Dogs...

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/events/events.php?ID=101

I was surprised to see the IceDogs logo recently when he was talking about how members of congress decided to go to the BCS title game. He suggested they delay some bill to go a game against Sudbury.

Ahhhhhh, ok I understand now. Again I don't watch the show regularly, but I found it hilarious how he brought up the new arena in shawa and GM's 3rd quarter losses.

He also brought up Brampton earlier this season and mentioned how the city is the Tulip Capital of Canada. Then he asked... "What are you going to do? Pollenate us?"

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I feel kinda silly now...I'm surprised they kept the stats of all the games, and that they've gotten over 16,000 bears in seven seasons. I was at the first two, and the sheer mass of bears thrown on the ice is staggering in person. I've been wondering how they do it now with the nets up at the end boards. If they showed it in those clips I blinked

Just the other night he was bad-mouthing all the NFL teams still remaining except for the Saints. It was hilarious. He said something to the effect of "Hey patriots, why do you have so many injury problems? Is it because your always tripping over eachother to get a good view of Tom Brady's handsome face?

kylekorversig1if2.png

Now it's getting better, John Grey, Oshawa's mayor has made a proposal to Colbert.

He challenges that, if the Generals win the game on the 29th in Saginaw, Colbert has to wear a Generals jersey for an entire broadcast. If Saginaw wins, then Grey will declare May 13th (Colbert's birthday) Colbert Day in Oshawa

http://durhamregion.com/dr/regions/oshawa/...p-4452043c.html

I love the glasses.

Anyway, anyone that would like videos of Colbert talking about the Spirit and the rest of the OHL, a number of them are available on Comedy Central's Motherload.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

So tonight Colbert accepted our Mayor's challenge with a lengthy segment about tomorrow's Saginaw/Oshawa game, with a twist, if Saginaw wins Stephen Colbert Day in Oshawa will be held annually on our Mayor's birthday.

This is getting interesting :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

If he was, Johnny boy would be at his doorstep begging for forgiveness ;)

http://durhamregion.com/dr/regions/oshawa/...p-4463348c.html

Apparently, John Grey is going to attend the game tonight with the booster club, and they have a bunch of teddy bears to throw on the ice tonight.

You think Colbert looks better in white, or red?

Archived