NHL uni's unveiled today?

southernyankee

Well I'm disappointed that the league didn't reveal any team jerseys from reading Lukas' column things are looking good. Pretty much the only thing changing is the material and fit.

Sounds good to me :) I couldn't be happier after the fiasco that was the original new RBK uniforms.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm trying not to cross over the "leaked information" line here. So sorry for being confusing, I am trying to explain the best I can. Like I said no new logos. Take it how you want.

so in other words they are using the leaf from the 3rd jersey! :D

i catch your drift!

LOL, no dude, the primary is staying right where it is.

I read in another thread that the Leafs are ditching silver. That could be the minor change.

I'm not sure why people expected to see everyones look.

All the league every said was that they were revealing the new style look, and plenty have sources have confirmed that other teams looks are currently under work (meaning they couldn't have been ready for today).

Don't get mad at the league because you assumed something.

I'm not sure why people expected to see everyones look.

All the league every said was that they were revealing the new style look, and plenty have sources have confirmed that other teams looks are currently under work (meaning they couldn't have been ready for today).

Don't get mad at the league because you assumed something.

Well said.

It was reported by numerous respectable media outlets that teams would be unveiling new uniforms at the All Star game. The NHL has made no attempt to correct this error. They've simply used this to hype Reebok's lame uniform system.

Considering that the NHL already leaked the All Star uniforms months ago, then officially unveiled the uniforms on their website last wednesday, it's no wonder why people are irked today. They gave us nothing new and used the media to hype a stupid All Star uniform three times.

The NHL is really turning me off lately. They have a right to market themselves, but they should really market something of substance, instead of insulting the fans and using the media to hype a stupid All Star jersey. Gary Bettman is liar. The Reebok edge system has nothing to do with performance and is all about merchandising. Anyone dumb enough to believe it offers better protection for the players should be sterilized.

Bush league

DEATH TO REEBOK

It was reported by numerous respectable media outlets that teams would be unveiling new uniforms at the All Star game. The NHL has made no attempt to correct this error. They've simply used this to hype Reebok's lame uniform system.

Considering that the NHL already leaked the All Star uniforms months ago, then officially unveiled the uniforms on their website last wednesday, it's no wonder why people are irked today. They gave us nothing new and used the media to hype a stupid All Star uniform three times.

The NHL is really turning me off lately. They have a right to market themselves, but they should really market something of substance, instead of insulting the fans and using the media to hype a stupid All Star jersey. Gary Bettman is liar. The Reebok edge system has nothing to do with performance and is all about merchandising. Anyone dumb enough to believe it offers better protection for the players should be sterilized.

Bush league

How are you to say it isnt any better than the old jerseys? Have you played in both? It really irks me when people on this board slam the Edge based on hearsay. Look I am a total traditionalist, look at my NHL concepts if you want proof, if you're dumb enough to think it's impossible to improve upon uniforms you should be sterilized. Should the MLB still be playing in wool jerseys? Should the NBA in those leotards or whatever they wore in the 40's, 50's, and 60's? No. Why? Because technology improves, and with it does Fabrics and other things of the sort. Until you have played in both I find it astonishing you can bully around such claims about how bad the uniform is. It's like saying food tastes bad when you havent yet tasted it, get it? All this hooplah around here about designs of the uni's and what not is absurd when in the end it seems we got our panties in a tizzy for nothing. These new uniforms wont make me watch the NHL anymore than I have lately and it wont make me watch it any less, and if you're not going to watch the NHL because the jerseys "cost too much" or "arent what im used to" then you're not a real fan to begin with.

And if your planning to say "Durrr well the players don't like it." Well not everyone is going to like it, some players do, some don't, that's not a valid excuse in my book.

/rant

Bush league

How are you to say it isnt any better than the old jerseys? Have you played in both? It really irks me when people on this board slam the Edge based on hearsay. Look I am a total traditionalist, look at my NHL concepts if you want proof, if you're dumb enough to think it's impossible to improve upon uniforms you should be sterilized. Should the MLB still be playing in wool jerseys? Should the NBA in those leotards or whatever they wore in the 40's, 50's, and 60's? No. Why? Because technology improves, and with it does Fabrics and other things of the sort. Until you have played in both I find it astonishing you can bully around such claims about how bad the uniform is. It's like saying food tastes bad when you havent yet tasted it, get it? All this hooplah around here about designs of the uni's and what not is absurd when in the end it seems we got our panties in a tizzy for nothing. These new uniforms wont make me watch the NHL anymore than I have lately and it wont make me watch it any less, and if you're not going to watch the NHL because the jerseys "cost too much" or "arent what im used to" then you're not a real fan to begin with.

And if your planning to say "Durrr well the players don't like it." Well not everyone is going to like it, some players do, some don't, that's not a valid excuse in my book.

/rant

Relax, and stop putting words in mouth. I never said anything about the performance being better or worse and never said anything that would bring up the subject of wool. My point is that any supposed benefits are minor and unneccesary. The real reason for the uniform change is marketing. I don't mean to take this personally with you, but if you can't see that, then Gordie Howe has just pulled the wool over your eyes and is scoring a personal hatrick on you.

If you want to believe that a piece of fabric will drastically change the performance in a sport that isn't measured by finite concepts such as time and distance, be my guest. They can attribute all kinds of statistics but if they aren't relevent to the actual physics of the sport, then it's completely meaningless. Hockey isn't track and field and even individual skills such as skating can't effectively be gauged by a simple measure of distance/time. The players aren't trying for personal bests every shift and won't benefit from a miniscule decrease in drag considering the average range of motion on the ice. The jersey has come far enough over the last century and is no longer a critical component. The current style has little impact on the performance of any player considering the average shift length and the play that's required. It's all moot anyways, because as soon as they make every player wear the same uniform, it will not benefit any one team.

I'd like to add that if the Reebok edge uniform is so beneficial from an athletic standpoint, then why have they not implemented it in other bigger money sports that draw far more fans? Surely if this is such a goldmine performance wise, they would not be wasting time with a league that draws less than bowling on TV.

As far as safety is concerned, a thin piece of fabric will not magically protect players that regularly get concussed from high speed open ice collisions. Do you honestly think otherwise? That to me is the kicker. How the NHL can say there is a safety benefit from these uniforms is beyond me. The NHL doesn't give a crap about safety. If they did they'd listen to players like Mike Modano and Paul Kariya when they complain about concussions in the game. The NHL could easily prevent a very large number of concusions by making mouth guards mandatory. Mouthguards would also have the benefit of projecting a classier image for the players. A league that is considered bush league by many isn't helping it's image by parading around toothless stanley cup winners on TV.

DEATH TO REEBOK

No new unis. Just the East and West jersey's we've seen for a month. Frustrating, to say the least.

What a bunch of jerks. Good job, Bettman, misleading everyone for the past few weeks. That's the way to win fans back!

They certainly knew that everyone was assuming that they were going to unveil the individual team unis today, and they could have said otherwiase if that was not the case!

What a bunch of losers.

*smacks head*

You chose to interpret it however you wanted.

But yes, that's Bettman's fault. As is everything in the world. Damn Bettman for war in the middle east!

They were unveiled today. Fans in Dallas got to see the players in them today. The all-star uniforms that is. The ones everyone expected. I hope nobody else thought they were actually going to unveil individual teams. Those uniforms probably aren't even done yet. And considering most teams will be staying the same there isn't really a point to have a league wide unveiling.

It's all moot anyways, because as soon as they make every player wear the same uniform, it will not benefit any one team.

If someone says this again, I think I'll give up on humanity.

I really didn't think new uniforms/advances in technology could be so confusing for some people.

If you want to believe that a piece of fabric will drastically change the performance in a sport that isn't measured by finite concepts such as time and distance, be my guest. They can attribute all kinds of statistics but if they aren't relevent to the actual physics of the sport, then it's completely meaningless. Hockey isn't track and field and even individual skills such as skating can't effectively be gauged by a simple measure of distance/time. The players aren't trying for personal bests every shift and won't benefit from a miniscule decrease in drag considering the average range of motion on the ice. The jersey has come far enough over the last century and is no longer a critical component. The current style has little impact on the performance of any player considering the average shift length and the play that's required. It's all moot anyways, because as soon as they make every player wear the same uniform, it will not benefit any one team.

One major benefit of the new uniforms that I think you're forgetting is that it's resistant to absorbing moisture. Over the course of the game, this has been said to decrease the excess weight on any given player by 4-10 lbs. Give or take, of course. I don't have the figures in front of me. So, yeah, the increase on drag is more or less a minor benefit, but the removal of ten extra pounds from the backs of the players should keep their legs fresh and performance up in the third period and overtime. That, to me, is one helluva benefit.

One major benefit of the new uniforms that I think you're forgetting is that it's resistant to absorbing moisture. Over the course of the game, this has been said to decrease the excess weight on any given player by 4-10 lbs. Give or take, of course. I don't have the figures in front of me. So, yeah, the increase on drag is more or less a minor benefit, but the removal of ten extra pounds from the backs of the players should keep their legs fresh and performance up in the third period and overtime. That, to me, is one helluva benefit.

WINNER

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

are there any quotes from gary bettman that says specifically that every team will be unveiling new uniforms today? i agree, don't get mad for assuming they were going to unveil them today.

Dont think I've posted here before.

Anyhow, I don't recall anything from Bettman saying that we'd see anything besides the All Star uniforms. I listen to the sports radio station here in Vancouver most of the day and there was never any discussion that we'd be seeing new designs of actual team uniforms. Overall, I'm personally happy with the new uniforms they don't seem like a drastic departure from the current designs to me.

Here's Roberto Luongo's comments on the new uniform from today's Vancouver Sun

link

Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo said the biggest difference he experienced with the new jersey was that it repels moisture.

"It's very comfortable -- light, and doesn't absorb water," he said. "It's not only sweat, but when we drink from the water bottle, sometimes it gets all over the front, so you get weighed down by the end of the period.

"It's very loose and elastic. You can move around easily in it, it's not impeding at all."

WINNER

Don't ever let context get in the way of a debate.

DEATH TO REEBOK

WINNER

I don't follow. How did I take any of your argument out of context?

Comments on the new uni's from Nashville

Timonen likes the look of NHL's new uniforms

DALLAS ? A handful of the NHL's top talent on Monday modeled the sleeker new uniforms that players will be wearing in Wednesday's All-Star game.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../701230370/1028

All players will wear the uniforms next season.

But for Predators defenseman Kimmo Timonen, the new uniforms are old hat.

The Predators were one of the teams that wore the new uniforms at times during training camp, giving Reebok officials feedback on the look and feel of the outfits.

"They felt pretty tight at the start, but actually when you step on the ice they felt better than the ones they're using now," Timonen said. "You can really feel the difference."

RobbyBox2.jpg

WINNER

I don't follow. How did I take any of your argument out of context?

I never said you took my arguement out of context. I respect what you have to say.

Roger seems to have a personal vendetta against me and goes out his way to single me out on the board because I've disagreed with him on a couple of occasions. The fact that I dislike the Anaheim Ducks logo and distrust the Reebok's intentions for the new uniforms is too contentious an issue for him. He can't seem to respect my opinion on the matter, much less move past the issue.

It is a logo! It's not a logo!

Who really cares?

There's really no point in me argueing this any further while he's on here becuase it will only bring things to an even lower level. I'm not going to follow around people I occasionally disagree with, and make one word rash judgements such as "winner" everytime they post either.

Let it go Roger. If you have a problem PM me.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Where does the water go, then?

Back on the ice, helping the Zambonis as well. It's wins all around, apparently.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Where does the water go, then?

Back on the ice, helping the Zambonis as well. It's wins all around, apparently.

Just like my NanoTec shirts from Eddie Bauer. Those things cost about as much as the new jerseys. :D

One thing that really caught my attention, in a negative way, is that it looks like replicas will now have stupid NFL-esque jock tags on the bottom right side of the jersey (RBK size XL). I don't have a screen capture, but I know that I saw that more than a few times during crowd shots of the Skills Competition. BOOOOO!

Archived