England national team's new kit ...

gosioux76

The English FA's Web site says the new national team kit will be unveiled Feb. 6. It's again made by Umbro and the Web site gives a brief sneak peek.

www.thefa.com/default.htm (it's on the right-hand side in a little box. NOTE: They handle dates differently over there, so 6/2/07 is February, not June.)

I'm assuming the kits will debut in the Feb. 7 friendly with Spain at Old Trafford.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England needs their 150th new kit since 1990 like I need another hole in my head. It's one of the most blantant cash grabs in the history of sport.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Welcome to soccer - all teams, club and national, get new kits every two years.

They say so right up front - this is being sold as the "England Home Shirt 2007/09".

Personally, I like the practice. The colors and basic layout always stay the same, and if you don't like the new one you only have to wait a couple years for a better design.

Not much to read into this teaser image:

EnglandKitLaunch07_P.gif

Looks like a red stripe across the shoulder and down the sleeve (on both sides, do you suppose, or just one?).

I like the current shirt, might have to pick one up before they're gone. At the very least, I'll get a keeper's shirt:

prd_maxzoom_721901-GHP.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the design - and the release of the kit is only in the UK - worldwide debut is March 1.

As for the current kit, I picked on of those up while I was in York, and I have to say it's one of my more comfortable football shirts. I really like Umbro and their designs - so far I have four Umbro shirts, and they're all really comfortable.

OD_Signature.jpg

Personally, I would like to see the whole kit before I pass judgement on the shirt itself. Call me old-fashioned, but I would prefer the England shirt to have a collar. As for my source, well I could tell you but then I would have to kill you. :P

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Honestly, I like the current version with the cross better than this version. It's not bad, but I just think the current one's better.

And I'm glad I own one.

Umbro has done an excellent job with England's kits.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I do love the St George Cross on the shoulder, but the thing on the left sleeve really bothers me, especially on the long sleeve version. What the hell is that?

An attempt to Copy Nike's total 90 template a bit?

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

eng064ak0.jpg

That definitely doesn't seem legit for some reason.

It is a step back from the previous design, in terms of innovation and style. I can't see them doing this.

Of the England main stripe, I really like the current one (2005/07). I didn't really like the Euro2004 version. And the WC2002 was classy at the time, but it already looks dated IMO.

Juventus.png

Archived