NBA Slam Dunk Contest Field Set

OB33

Paxson fined Thomas, not Stern, and he was right to. Get your facts straight before you react with more "STERN'S A DICTATOR" stuff.

That fine is a joke. Most of the star players have said they wouldn't do it because it wasn't enought money. . . . Now one player is actually happy about the money, and their [sic] made [sic] at him.

The first Bulls player since Scottie Pippen in 1990 to participate in the event, Thomas was quoted in Tuesday's editions of the Chicago Tribune as saying: "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day."

When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."

Oh yeah, he's ecstatic.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paxson fined Thomas, not Stern, and he was right to. Get your facts straight before you react with more "STERN'S A DICTATOR" stuff.

That fine is a joke. Most of the star players have said they wouldn't do it because it wasn't enought money. . . . Now one player is actually happy about the money, and their [sic] made [sic] at him.

The first Bulls player since Scottie Pippen in 1990 to participate in the event, Thomas was quoted in Tuesday's editions of the Chicago Tribune as saying: "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day."

When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."

Oh yeah, he's ecstatic.

10 grand is alot. I would lower the fine alittle and take him out the slam dunk contest

the NBA should adopt the song Der Komiser for the way the David Stern is reacting, he was just being honest, maybe Thomas will put up a good effort, whats wrong with that.

Because the viewing public is already sick of these spoiled malcontents, and these babies fully deserve Kaiser Stern's wrath.

Oh yeah, he's ecstatic.

10 grand is alot. I would lower the fine alittle and take him out the slam dunk contest

No, I like setting him back 10 grand and then making him bust his ass to earn it back.

The three point contest participants were selected today:

-Dirk Nowitzki

-Mike Miller

-Damon Jones

-Jason Terry

-Jason Kapono

-Gilbert Arenas

Good field it will be funny is Kapono wins

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

-Dirk Nowitzki

-Mike Miller

-Damon Jones

-Jason Terry

-Jason Kapono

-Gilbert Arenas

Good field it will be funny is Kapono wins

Yeah, it certainly looks like it, Tank. But I don't understand why it would be funny if Kapono won. He leads the league in 3 point percentage.

-E.A.R.

-Dirk Nowitzki

-Mike Miller

-Damon Jones

-Jason Terry

-Jason Kapono

-Gilbert Arenas

Hmm - no Kyle Korver? It would have been nice to see him actually win the contest before he decided to stop particpating in it.

Speaking of non-Sixer participation, it's a shame that Andre Iguodala is not in the dunk contest field. Here's hoping anything the participants in the dunk contest this weekend can come close to approaching the greatness of the dunk below:

bannerfrombehind.jpg

Sure - Tyrus Thomas will - his heart is in it and all ... <_<

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Just a recap of everything up to now:

Detroit wins the shooting stars competition after Chicago gets disqualified because Ben Gordon shot too early.

Dwyane Wade repeats as the Skills Challenge winner.

Charles Barkley beats Dick Bavetta, he had a decent margin throughout so he decided run the last half of the court backwards. Dick tried to dive for it and pull off a Don Beebe, pure hilarity.

Jason Kapono wins the 3-point competition tying a record by scoring 24 in the final round. After Gilbert Arenas knew he couldn't beat Kapono he shot the final rack one-handed and hit 3 of 5, not bad.

Now it's down to the Slam Dunk contest. The big hub-bub has been over the NBA not allowing the hoop to be raised for Dwight Howard. Reportedly, he wanted to try a 360 on a 12 foot rim (!) but David Stern shot the idea down.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

So far

I would have give Thomas an 8, Green a 9, Howard an 8 and Robinson a 9

I would give Thomas a solid 9 for that net ripping Dunk.

Jordan doing a great job with the low number finally a harsh judge in the dunk contest.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Dwight Howard is getting robbed, here. His sticker dunk should be 10's.

I agree the showmanship is part of the score

I would have give Robinson an 8 and Green a 9 for their second dunks.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Dwight Howard is getting robbed, here. His sticker dunk should be 10's.

I agree the showmanship is part of the score

I would have give Robinson an 8 and Green a 9 for their second dunks.

Yeah, same here. I want to see Nate Robinson jump that cutout of himself in the final round! Nobody has ever jumped over themself in a dunk contest...

IUe6Hvh.png

Charles Barkley beats Dick Bavetta, he had a decent margin throughout so he decided run the last half of the court backwards. Dick tried to dive for it and pull off a Don Beebe, pure hilarity.

That was great, and the lead up to that made that whole event entertaining. Is there a more entertaining basketball personality than Charles Barkley? I think Dick wants a rematch, right? EDIT: I just a picture of Bavetta leg being cut from that dive.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/search/Se...torialProduct=2

I've got to see that race again because I think the finish was closer than it was.

As for the dunk contest. It wasn't bad. My favourite dunk was Howard's sticker dunk. It showed how high he can reach in the air and that sticker was funny to look at. Green's dunk over Nate was great, especially when you look at Nate's facial expression.

I saw, I came, I left.

heh, I was screamin "THANK YOU!" when I saw they in fact did put in a Nate Rob rule, cus it looked like he tried 200 times...again. :rolleyes: or at least it felt like it.

Dwight Howard got robbed, though...the sticker on the backboard AND the dunk...how did that not get at least all 9's?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived