LA Clippers Logo Concept

eRay

great improvement, i'm really liking the boat.. (nice job phil, and Cyandlux) as for the ball/compass i can't look at it without immediately thinking..

SEA_1306.gif

I really liked phil's execution of the compass by having in the background of the main logo rather than making it an alternate like the Mariners.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a long time, and I have been working on this logo a lot with teachers and other students. I am headed in a different direction now and I feel I need some feedback from you guys. I am trying to make the whole logo more unified, meaning it is all one piece instead of logo on top of text. Along with that I am trying to make the primary and secondary work better as a set. With some pushing from my teachers I have reworked the ship, and I am now going with a different view and different treatment of the shape. I think it is working pretty well, but I know it can be much better. Let me know what I can change or get rid of, or if this is worse than the old logo then let me know too. Any comment is a good comment.

Primary:

newclippers.png

Secondary:

newlarose.png

thanks for all the help so far and all the help to come!

p.s.- Jackie003, this will probably remind you of the molson export logo even more.

i think the quality is good and it has the potential, but the way you are presenting the logo just isnt doing it for me. plus, i think switching the colors is a mistake. the only way i can put it is that its too big, theres too much to look at for one logo...if that makes sense to you

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Ok, i present to you a new color scheme thats part inspired by the Anahiem Arsenal, the Clippers D-League associate, and partly inspired by the current colors. I also brought the water level down in the logo and traded in the compass rose at the bottom of the shield for a simple basketball. They are small changes but they are in an effort to make the logo less busy and make the colors feel more like colors that could fit this team. Thanks for the input so far, and nyy3351: I understand what you are saying about the logo having too much to look at, and I felt that way too, but one of my inspirations for this logo was the Mavericks logo (a little too much inspiration maybe) and I think their logo has about the same amount "going on" in it. I guess its all about execution. C&C appreciated.

RedClipShip.png

RedClipRose.png

I like these, eRay. The last revision you made is simply phenomenal. This logo has gotten better and better with each revision (even though it started out pretty damn good too.) The colors just flow here. It looks natural, like realistic, you know. The only suggestion I would make is MAYBE putting a thin silver outline around the alternate logo, similar to how you have it on the primary home. But that's a maybe, because this is a sickly good concept.

-E.A.R.

eRay, the color change was a HUGE upgrade- the logo looks 10x better now...the previous colors just weren't doing it for me. the only thing i would do now is get rid of the little basketball at the bottom...it seems unnecessary and out of place. i know you want to use a basketball somehow, but i just don't think that works well.

i also think while your primary is very strong now, your secondary is lacking consistency with the primary- it looks like you havent focused much on it and just threw it together. i guess it kind of just looks like to typical of a logo and not very unique so it seems poorly done compared to the primary that you worked hard on and focused on.

great updates and the revision work paid off!

I really love the most recent revision. The only suggestion I would make is to consider adding a VERY THIN dark blue outline around the edge of the logo. Otherwise, the grey seems a little bit washed out against a white background. If that makes the whole thing look too busy, then nevermind.

Also, I like the basketball at the bottom. I think it is a minor detail that adds some flavor to the logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

cyandlux's is the most practical update...

syphi's is the most professional/corporate looking logo...

And i think yours falls somewhere in between. I still think the big area where you put the water is too distracting. the font is good, the boat is pretty good. Id almost start ovr with those 2 and see what comes out

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived