Miami Dolphins concept

Dave Ship

Hi,

here's my latest concept for the Miami Dolphins. Take a look at quick fact:

- For the colors I got inspiration by the helmet concept i made for the franchise from Florida. I used two different kind of blue, kept the unmistakable orange;

- Add a special design to the chest to give'em an aggressive and dynamic look which is notable in the back view too;

- New shape for the pants' stripe;

- Bring back the helmet design i made several months ago;

- Few days ago i made a cap template and now was time to play with;

- Oh yes, a new layout has been created.

dolphinskq3.jpg

Sorry, not feelin' it. The aqua uniform is fine, but it goes all down hill from there. I don't like the look of that aqua helmet compared to the tried and true white.

On a positive note, great execution.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Hmm, I really like the orange alternate with the dolphin logo on the chest. On the other hand, there's a lot that I dislike about this concept. The trim color choices and the way the piping crosses the inserts creates a really cool wave effect, but I don't like the underarm sweat-stain-looking portion. Also, the pants stripes look like airplane livery (BuccoB, any opinions?) and aren't really congruous with the color scheme or shape of the jersey trim. Additionally, I dislike the Miami script (taken from the U?), helmet stripes, helmet color, and blue socks. Using extra outlines instead of drop shadows was an interesting idea and I think turned out very nicely.

I like the overall concept. However, like I said back in the helmet thread, that teal color isn't going to cut it. If there's one thing I hate, and I've yet to find a Fins fan that disagrees with me, it's somebody messing with the Fins' color scheme.

EDIT: Please try it using aqua instead of teal and keep to the Fins' normal helmet color. I'm sure it will look tons better.

cttdolphins2.png

I think they are absolutely awesome. I have always thought Miami's unis really sucked big time, when I look at them there is just nothing special to remember and that is sad...because they have a good color combo. They don't use orange enough, which I loved you did. I also like the helmet changes, piping, and pants design- great job!

I like the overall concept. However, like I said back in the helmet thread, that teal color isn't going to cut it. If there's one thing I hate, and I've yet to find a Fins fan that disagrees with me, it's somebody messing with the Fins' color scheme.

EDIT: Please try it using aqua instead of teal and keep to the Fins' normal helmet color. I'm sure it will look tons better.

Bingo! I am a huge Dolphins fan and changing the colors jsut out right mess' with the feel of the uniform. I am also in the change the helmet to white band wagon, though I do like the striping. I really like the piping/desgin on the jersey. Like someone said, makes it more dolphin-ish. I like the pants, but it doesnt match the curvy desgin of the jersey, too blocky. So, I agree with the quoe I put in here, change it to the regular colors and change the helemt to white, and it will look ten times better.

wAj9T56.png

Jerseys-A+: The Dolphins NEED these jerseys!

Helmet-B/B-: The design of the helmet is great, but I would go with a white helmet with the orange jersey.

Pants-A+: Absolutely love them, very unique, and very cool that you used the Florida Gators basketball shorts side design.

Cap-B: Maybe you should have the front two panels as aqua and all the others being orange or white.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

as a dolphins fan myself, i prefer a more classic looking uniform with the original color scheme. White helmet as well. I think this would look alot better if the numbers didnt have so many outlines though...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived