Creamies Linked from MSN.ca

Steve-O

I would just like to reply to the article's writer and his statement that the Winnipeg Jets logo was "awesome". It's not. In fact, I think it is bland, dated, and the plane graphic looks like its just tacked into the white space created by the J in the logo to fill the space.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate when people claim that logos are great when they're not (in my humble opinion), just because it is retro. Not everything retro is good. However, the Hartford Whalers, now that's a great older logo! I'm sure I'll get some responses from the hockey purist community. Also, I find the writer's assertion that the original Toronto Blue Jays logo can never be topped. I'm pretty confident that it could be, but it is just not currently being topped by the recent logo changes/mutilations.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate when people claim that logos are great when they're not

Whatever happened to individual opinion?

Mind your own business, hippie. When we need to hear from you we will solicit your thoughts. Who the hell do you think you are?

I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate when people claim that logos are great when they're not

Was put away in the Democracy closet after the 2000 election :flagusa: ...

... and for the record, I prefered the "next generation" Jets' logo.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The older version is significantly more awesome when you're 7 years old, and some of your best memories are of Bobby Hull, Ulf Nilsson, and Anders Hedberg flying around the ice, scoring at will, while wearing it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Was put away in the Democracy closet after the 2000 election :flagusa: ...

... and for the record, I prefered the "next generation" Jets' logo.

Yes, the newer Jets logo is better than the old one, but in my OPINION, still nothing to write home about. I guess for me it just fails to live up to one of two important categories: Timeless (Redwings, Yankees, Canadiens, Bruins, Celtics, Whalers, etc.); or Graphically Compelling and Modern (Broncos, Texans, Wild).

Again, this is just my humble opinion as a graphic designer. Of course, any of the modern logos that I listed have yet to be tested over the course of time, so perhaps in another two decades I'll be deriding them as well. Maybe not.

I happen to like the Jets logo he linked to. I don't understand what's wrong with it. Now, its not the best I've ever seen, but its cool enough.

And, do people really have that much trouble seeing the M? I always had much more trouble seeing the other two letters.

And, as far as topping the old Jays logo.. read em and weep. (Alright, so, I'm biased. Want me to find another logo that is cooler than the old Jays logo? Fine. here. happy now?)

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I happen to like the Jets logo he linked to. I don't understand what's wrong with it. Now, its not the best I've ever seen, but its cool enough.

And, do people really have that much trouble seeing the M? I always had much more trouble seeing the other two letters.

And, as far as topping the old Jays logo.. read em and weep. (Alright, so, I'm biased. Want me to find another logo that is cooler than the old Jays logo? Fine. here. happy now?)

I think the article was saying that the newer Jays logos will never top the original Jays logo, not that the original Jays logo was the best in baseball.

I always saw the "M" in the Expos logo, but because of the different colors, and seeing the other letters in there (which I never could figure out what they meant), I always doubted if I was really looking at the "M" that I thought it was.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=620 > All of those you just mentioned.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=620 > All of those you just mentioned.

This Timeless Masterpiece>Roger's Favorite Logo

This one > all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I would just like to reply to the article's writer and his statement that the Winnipeg Jets logo was "awesome". It's not. In fact, I think it is bland, dated, and the plane graphic looks like its just tacked into the white space created by the J in the logo to fill the space.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate when people claim that logos are great when they're not (in my humble opinion), just because it is retro. Not everything retro is good. However, the Hartford Whalers, now that's a great older logo! I'm sure I'll get some responses from the hockey purist community. Also, I find the writer's assertion that the original Toronto Blue Jays logo can never be topped. I'm pretty confident that it could be, but it is just not currently being topped by the recent logo changes/mutilations.

I'm sorry, I'll check with you before I say I like a logo. I wouldn't want to say a logo is great when you obviously know better <_<

Yes, you're right, the classic Blue Jays look could probably be topped (I've seen at least five different Jays logos on this site alone that give the classic logo a run for its money. The point is, every logo they've had since dropping the classic mark has been worse then the previous one. So while there are designers out there who have made amazing Jays marks, the ones the Jays go to can't seem to get it right. So when they finally come to their senses and drop the current scheme why not go back to the original logo that almost everyone loves? It beats having to commit at least five years to an other crappy "cutting edge" logo.

Here is the article:

Sports Logo Article

It is the link for all the logos in the article! I thought that was pretty awesome to see. Also, it is an interesting article, we should show him the Canton Ice Patrol.

Discuss.

Before you even posted this thread, I already e-mailed him the Canton Ice Patrol logo and it's history.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived