Best and Worst NBA alternate jerseys

elliott

I don't think any self-respecting North American sports team shoul EVER wear upper-chest numbers. Frankly it looks like crap. Plus it's just too darned "Euro" for my tastes and I have never, ever seen a Euro team's uniform in ANY sport that I find find any nice styling cues on. The Euro uniforms are all basically billboards for their spomsors and make watching two Euro teams playing ANY sport impossible to enjoy. Absolutely the worst uniform selections of all time. The NBA Kings and the hockey Sabres should be ashamed of themselves for wearing such ugly uniforms with those numbers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtics--the black jerseys with green letters and numbers are just horrid.

Let's be clear about this - because I've seen this uni referred this way before - the Celtics' alts are GREEN with BLACK lettering...not the other way around:

BostonCeltics_AUN_2007_SOL.gif

Let's clarify further. :)

I saw a photo of a Celtics player wearing a black uniform with green numbers and "Celtics" across the chest, and a green shamrock on black shorts. It must have been some kind of alternate or old throwback--because I was referring to that uniform, not the current green ones--or the St. Paddy's ones. (actually I like the green-and-gold better than the green and black.) I guess I should have made it clear that I was referring to the black-and green jersey, not the green and black. If it wasn't clear, my bad. I'm not a Celtics expert, just a humble Knicks fan. (well, not so humble if we make the playoffs!)

NyghtOwl

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

Let's clarify further. :)

I saw a photo of a Celtics player wearing a black uniform with green numbers and "Celtics" across the chest, and a green shamrock on black shorts. It must have been some kind of alternate or old throwback--because I was referring to that uniform, not the current green ones--or the St. Paddy's ones. (actually I like the green-and-gold better than the green and black.) I guess I should have made it clear that I was referring to the black-and green jersey, not the green and black. If it wasn't clear, my bad. I'm not a Celtics expert, just a humble Knicks fan. (well, not so humble if we make the playoffs!)

NyghtOwl

The Celtics have never worn a Black jersey of any kind. If any have been produced, they must have been fashion jerseys.

No discussion regarding NBA alts would be complete without this one:

MilwaukeeBucks_AUN_1997_SOL.gif

Hey...I happen to like those!!!

(*AND NOW I'LL DUCK TO AVOID BEING TOMATO'D...*)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why do the Celtics even bother having more than one green jersey? It's hardly an alternate if all they do is change the color of the numbers.

Because, the NBA doesn't allow a team to go with a black alternate anymore. That's why we are seeing all these red, yellow, and blue alts.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Which sucks. For some reason I love black jerseys. Then the celtics should've gone with gray or silver.

Or gold...with green lettering.

(Oh snap...looks like I just came up with a?*LIGHTBULB*!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Keep in mind that the Heat have/had the old Miami Floridians as a throwback.

Or they could have this as a "sunshine" alt:

DWadeyellow.jpg

Oh and um uh...back to what I was saying about the Celtics...it was a rather rushed attempt, but, still...

paulpiercegold.jpg

Could you see it???

(Photoshop Phantasies strikes again...)

Heat.. ewww lol

Celtics looks like a material, can't remember what it is.. kinda like soft rug. I'd never buy either of those personally. best alt, going back to the topic. Cavs alt by far and worst... Twolves. Their whole jersey set, wtf it's all the same just changes of colors. Lakers too, but they look good.

No worst alternates list is complete without including the Wizards alternate. It may be the worst jersey in NBA history.

agreed. freakin horrible. anyway...

BEST: miami (red), philadelphia (red), cleveland (navy)

WORST: washington, phoenix, atlanta, and to a lesser extent - dallas

Heat.. ewww lol

Celtics looks like a material, can't remember what it is.. kinda like soft rug. I'd never buy either of those personally. best alt, going back to the topic. Cavs alt by far and worst... Twolves. Their whole jersey set, wtf it's all the same just changes of colors. Lakers too, but they look good.

It looks like a soft material because...that's what it is. It is extremely hard to replicate anything with a sheen to it in photoshop--its hard enough trying to get a good "gold" color...you gotta balance out the magenta and yellow just right--with some cyan mixed in for good measure, and only trace amounts of black--more for the highs and lows in it. But anyway--it's your basic representation (even though I did this using RGB, of course).

The Heat one? Probably not the most aestetically pleasing--but then, neither is their home floor, which is where I got that idea from in the first place. (Study them real close--you'll see what I mean...)

Heh--just figured I'd whip 'em out and give you the visual.

No discussion regarding NBA alts would be complete without this one:

MilwaukeeBucks_AUN_1997_SOL.gif

I can't see the image, so I suppose you are talking about the buck-green alternate jersey of mid 90's.

Could you or someone post the image or another similar. I was searching a photo about that jersey for my basketball blog (taylorwolves.blogspot.com) but I didn't found any...Thanks a lot!!

Which sucks. For some reason I love black jerseys. Then the celtics should've gone with gray or silver.

Or gold...with green lettering.

(Oh snap...looks like I just came up with a?*LIGHTBULB*!)

prod_260-iudqs5.jpg

Gold with green reminds me of Lebron's HS jersey.

Archived