SUNY Canton's New Nickname/Logo

Slickster

newlogonick.jpg

The school made the announcement yesterday and also revealed they've joined the NAIA's Sunrise Conference effective this fall.

The logo is a Studio Simon production and makes SUNY Canton only the 3rd team in the country with the Kangaroos nickname.

oakqb4.jpg

jr79 - that was my exact initial reaction, as well, but that is one really nice kangaroo...it will be interesting to see how they use it in some of the secondary applications

there is a secondary with a block C and the kangaroo head on their athletic home page

I like the secondary a whole lot better.

sclogo3.jpg

Pretty friggin' sweet looking logo - I love it!!!

It's clean and the Roos is well done (artistically speaking)

I like the fact it's jumping at you - that's an appealing look for

an athletic team. I wish them luck on their new endevour.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The primary logo seems a bit whimsical when compared with what many college athletic programs usually shoot for. That said, going in such a direction certainly means that the branding package stands out on the crowded college sports landscape.

As per usual, Dan's work is clean, dynamic and attractive. Another outstanding identity package from Studio Simon.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived