I was there...

Shane Does Art

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest upset in UNC football history/beginning of the end for Larry Coker in Miami, when Connor Barth's field goal sealed the win for the Tar Heels, 31-28.

The most points scored by a single player in Dean Dome history, when Tyler Hansbrough dropped 40 on Georgia Tech to lead UNC from a 20 point deficit for the win, 82-75.

The game where Gerald Henderson typecast himself as a thug by smashing Tyler's face in the final seconds of the game. My friends and I didn't have tickets, but we just showed up an hour and a half before the game started, and were told that they had extra tickets, so we were actually able to watch it from the risers section.

The first six home games of the Butch Davis era at UNC*

*effective as of November 24, 2007

Lambeau Field 12.26.93

-LeRoy Butler invents the Lambeau Leap

-The Packers clinch their first playoff berth in 11 years (and their first in 21 years for a non-strike season).

I moved to Green Bay a few years later (not on purpose... I was 16 and my mom got transferred up there) and soon discovered that everyone within 50 miles of Lambeau who was alive in 1967 swears they were at the Ice Bowl.

- A Devils game against the Flyers were Martin Brodeur was credited a goal

- Michigan football beat Washington with a last second field goal in the season opener about 5 years ago

- Scott Steven retirement night

- A Devils and Lightning playoff game in 2003 and one this Saturday

- A Met's game ,that in the bottom of the 9th, Mike Cameron hit a walk-off home run with 2 outs

Alot of these games seem to be pedestrian.

Just normal games people go to. Like, if you went on a record-breaking night, or a championship night, or Your First Game, stuff like that, yea. But just going to a game in the middle of february or to one early round playoff game... i dunno.. it just seems to not be in the spirit that this thread was created.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just normal games people go to. Like, if you went on a record-breaking night, or a championship night, or Your First Game, stuff like that, yea. But just going to a game in the middle of february or to one early round playoff game... i dunno.. it just seems to not be in the spirit that this thread was created.

Yeah but those are my more memorable games :D

Yeah but those are my more memorable games :D

Point taken.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I moved to Green Bay a few years later (not on purpose... I was 16 and my mom got transferred up there) and soon discovered that everyone within 50 miles of Lambeau who was alive in 1967 swears they were at the Ice Bowl.

A friend of mine has the best story - he was at the Ice Bowl before he was born. His pregnant mom was at the game, and he was born four months later.

He may have been the warmest person there :)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

1984 Grand Final MCG Melbourne Australia.

Essendon come from 23 points down at 3/4 time to win by 24.

This started their run as one of the most successful teams in Aussie Rules over the next 20 years, missing the finals only three times in that period.

The game has it's own page here:

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/1984_vfl_grand_final.htm

Here's scores for the game:

r99665_303723.jpg

Here's the teams in position:

r99660_303735.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The only CHL on Rogers Sportsnet game broadcast live from Sydney, in the middle of a blizzard. Cape Breton Screaming Eagles beat the Acadie-Bathurst Titan 12-2. Marc-Andre Fleury gets the win. Dominic Noel (who I'm very surprised has never made the NHL) gets a hat-trick on a penalty shot. Gigantic brawl erupted with about 10 minutes left when an Eagles player does a Superman into the Titan bench (directly across the ice from me); Titan wind up playing the rest of the game with 9 skaters. Probably the most goals and/or PIM recorded on a CHL game on RSN, I don't know if anyone keeps track of that.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived