I was there...

Shane Does Art

My dad - Kevin Gross' No-Hitter at Dodger Stadium in 1992

Me - The last NHL game at the Forum in Inglewood in 1999

I envy all of you.

All I got to see was a couple Pittsburgh Pirates game...and to this day HAVE NOT BEEN TO ONE THE TEAM WON.

(the kicker: actually I take that back...the only one I left from early, cuz they was down like 3 in the 9th, Freddy Sanchez hits a walk-off homer. Just my f*@^ing luck.)

Freddy Sanchez - The pride of my hometown, Burbank (where two months ago, his number 21 was the first ever retired by Burbank High School)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sidney Crosby's First NHL Game vs NJ Devils.

Kerry Fraziers 1,000th Game Reffed at MSG.

Eddie Belfours 400th Career Win.

Pavel Bure's 1st Goal as a NY Ranger (not a very long career with the NYR).

My 4th grade teacher goes to a Yankees game in the Bronx once a year.

In 1998 she saw David Cone pitch a perfect game. Went back one year later in 1999 and saw David Wells throw his.

What are the odds?

As for me, I saw Tony Clark hit three home runs against the Blue Jays in 2004. In the same game Ruben Sierra hit his 300th career home run on a grand slam.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I was at the final game in Minnesota North Stars history...strangely, the only North Stars game I ever went to.

I was at that game too. I worked with a guy who had never been to a game before, so I figured the next time the Blackhawks came to town we'd go. I turned out to be the last home game of the year, which turned out to be the last game in Minnesota.

I made a sign for our long-time radio announcer who was not going to Dallas with the team. It read "Thank you Al Shaver"

After we finally scored in the third period, the showed the goal on the video screen along with his radio call of the goal. Since people had just heard his voice in the arena, I went for a lap around the arena walkway inside the seating area holding up my sign. They put a TV camera on me and put me up on the scoreboard. I got a sort of a wave-like sorta standing ovation as I walked around and my picture in the paper the next day.

Al's son tracked my down when I was done, asked for the sign and took my number. Al Shaver actually called me at home to thank me, only I wasn't home at the time and he left a message. :cry:

I was really annoyed that Al didn't get to retire on his own terms and so many people were focused on "Norm Green Sucks!" that Al was getting swept under the rug, so I felt like I wanted to do something to recognize him for his career.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This has no relevance to me, but I was there when the Sabres clinched the President's trophy this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This isn't very memorable to most, but i was there when Tom Gordon get that bad injury when he played for my Sox. I was like 7 years old. He was my favorite ballplayer, I was devistated :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I was there for...

Super Bowls XXII, XXV, and XXXVI

World Cup USA '94 Round of 16 game (IRE/HOL)

Michigan @ Penn St, Oct. 16, 1993 (Penn State's 1000th game and first vs. Michigan)

Seahawks@Cowboys, October 27, 2002 (Emmitt breaks Payton's rushing record)

1997 Final Four National Semifinal (Dean Smith's last game)

2003 Fiesta Bowl, Miami vs. Ohio State

2006 Rose Bowl (Texas vs. USC)

1992 NCAA Southeast Regional (Fab 5 make the Final Four)

Philadelphia@ Chicago January 19, 2002 (Last game at Soldier Field before remodel)

That Expos photo has a tragic quality to it, the empty seats, a sense of futility and loss.

It's really sad what happened to baseball in Montreal. Claude Brochu's book sheds a lot of light on the subject. While the book basically tries to wash Brochu's own hands for the demise of the team, there are elements where he is very honest about how baseball strayed into a dark path in Montreal.

In particular, he cites the league's greed at the profit they could make in selling the team, the failure of the Mark Langston trade (which breaks the back of Charles Bronfman), Stade Olympique, and a failure to accomodate the English fans, as factors for the Expos loss.

It's a dry book, that does a lot of "self-defense", but here and there you get real nuggets of insight as to how and why the Expos wandered into oblivion.

The Expos had Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Marquiss Grissom, John Wetteland, Jeff Fasero and Rondell White, in either their rookie years or in their prime, and had Ugueth Urbina, Vlad Guerrero, Jose Vidro and Orlando Cabrera waiting in the wings.

All of it was dismantled and sold off piece by piece. It's too bad, because Montreal had a rich baseball history, Duke Snider and Jackie Robinson have written how much they enjoyed their time playing in Montreal and how great the fans were.

Wow, long tangent from me (again). Sorry about that, thanks for letting me vent.

Game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals.

The game where Bonds broke the single season home run record in 2001.

Speaking of the Expos I was at the 1st game back for Cliff Floyd in Montreal after being aquired when the Expos were making that near miraculous playoff run. The walk up crowd for that game was incredible.

Speaking of the Expos I was at the 1st game back for Cliff Floyd in Montreal after being aquired when the Expos were making that near miraculous playoff run. The walk up crowd for that game was incredible.

And then MLB flexed their muscles, had Floyd traded away almost instantly and refused to let the team even call up rookies in September.

Ah memories...

And people wonder why no one showed up.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Game 7 of 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs- Devils win 3rd Cup

Game 6 of 2004 Eastern Conf Finals- Primeau ties it with just under 2 mins left and Gagne wins it in overtime to force game & back in Tampa

Game 6 of 2004 ALCS- Bloody Sock Game

Game 6 of 2003 World Series- Marlins win their 2nd World Series

2004(05) NFC Championship Game- Eagles beat Falcons to advance to 2nd Super Bowl

1992 NHL All Star Game and Skills Competition/Old Timers Game

1996 World Cup of Hockey Semi-final- Canada defeats Sweden with 10 seconds left in double overtime at CoreStates Center

2003- Last ever Phillies game (and event) at Veterans Stadium

2004- First ever Phillies game and regular season game at Citizens Bank Park

Game 7 2001 NBA Eastern Conf Semi-finals- Sixers defeat Raptors to advance to Conf Finals after Vince Carter's missed buzzer-beater 3 point attempt

Game 6 1998 Calder Cup Finals- Phantoms win 1st cup in victory over Martin St. Louis and the Saint John Flames at the Spectrum

Game 4 2005 Calder Cup Finals- Phantoms win 2nd cup in victory over Chicago Wolves at Wachovia Center

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived