FC NOLA

Krona

However unlikely they get a club, I started messing around with a new orleans soccer crest.

its in its first stages, but i'd like to hear some ideas. the ball and crescent bother me a bit......

FC-Nola.gif

I think it is starting of great. The cresent moon with the soccer ball looks nice. As well as the overall design of the logo. I'm not sure what you would call the other piece of teh design maybe an "awning" I think I have seen those on the building in NO. I think those hang off the buildings holding signs & the design is incorp. into alot of the buildings in NO. Nice work so far.

Awesome rendition!!!! The ball is off...it needs the hexs to be positioned better. The design at the bottom looks a little "tribal" instead of like rod iron. Maybe hint at that idea simplified in more of a shield. Like I said, it looks great, just needs some teaking to make it a great FC type logo.

What a wonderful translation of New Orleans. To me, the wrought iron is nothing short of genius.... sheer genius. I'm just not so crazy about the colors...but at least it's not purple green and gold... Then again, I suppose those colors are somewhat close to our beloved Saints; then again, maybe not... I really dont think it needs anything more. Well, other than a team to use it...

Anyways...well done... pat yourself on the back and have a celebratory Hurricane...

What a wonderful translation of New Orleans. To me, the wrought iron is nothing short of genius.... sheer genius. I'm just not so crazy about the colors...but at least it's not purple green and gold... Then again, I suppose those colors are somewhat close to our beloved Saints; then again, maybe not... I really dont think it needs anything more. Well, other than a team to use it...

Anyways...well done... pat yourself on the back and have a celebratory Hurricane...

umm, you mean a cocktail right?

umm, you mean a cocktail right?

Yes yes...of course... Hurricane from Pat O'Briens... jeez... everyone's so touchy when you mention the "H" word... :blink:

The ball and crescent are bothering me, too. I can't put my finger on why.

It's a fantastic start, though. With some tweaks, this logo will be amazing.

i'm thinking the problem is that the ball is spherical, but the crescent shape is generally flat. it'd look better on a black background, but when i tried to create a black soccer ball it just didnt read well. if somebody wants to name this team that'd be great. i'd like to throw in a wordmark in an arc, similar to the arced wrought iron plates on entrance gates.

color-wise, im not thrilled, but copper tan and black said NOLA to me more than the fruity mardi gras palette. maybe a blue/green tarnished copper would be in order?

i like the addition on the third one, but the ball is too gray IMO, lighten it up a little. as for a name, i actually like the sound of FC Nola. I don't know if that flies with people on here, as Nola isn't an actual word, but I like it.

Now simplify...you have the basic components, but its too busy. Research some classics...ummm...the new classics, dont look at Man U. Take note with Arsenal, chelsea, and totenham to name a few. I dont mean copy their style, but look at them and understand why theyre designs are successful.

One thing to consider is the application of your design - cyandlux is right, you need to simplify. Even though this is imaginary, it's good practice. This design will work in electronic applications, but what about embroidery? What about if it's reduced significantly to put on team materials? In those two applications, your design might not turn out as well as it looks on the computer. All things to consider.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived