Who are you cheering for

habsfan1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed that the only TV station carrying any of the games in the Ducks/Wild series is TSN, which is not available in the US?

*nod* interesting.

The Wild have a pretty good local network deal though...and from their web site it looks like one of the local affiliates in Minnesota is picking up all games, in tandem with Fox Sports North.

Game Six as of right now, has nobody broadcasting the game in the US...

Wed., April 11

1 (at Anaheim)

9:30 PM

KSTC.TV Channel 45

Fri., April 13

2 (at Anaheim)

KSTC.TV Channel 45

Sun., April 15

3 (at Xcel Energy Center)

7:00 PM

FSN North**

Tue., April 17

4 (at Xcel Energy Center)

8:00 PM

KSTC.TV

Thur., April 19

5* (at Anaheim)

FSN North **

Sat., April 21

6* (at Xcel Energy Center)

TBD

TBD

Mon., April 23

7* (at Anaheim)

9:00 PM

KSTC.TV

The St. Louis Blues are my team, period. Since they're in the final year of their two-year playoff absence, I will NOT be cheering for a Western Conference team. I just can't do it.

There are, however, a couple of Eastern teams I have a passing interest in. One of them made the playoffs, so I'm cheering for...

the Atlanta Thrashers.

I've got a light blue Thrashers jersey and the roster includes two of my favorite former Blues in Scott Mellanby and Keith Tkachuk. The choice was easy.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

The Phoenix Jets, Colorado Nordiques and Carolina Whalers didn't even make the playoffs, but the Dallas NorthStars did. Perhaps they'll meet the KC Devils in the finals again and exact revenge for 00.

Don't you mean the New Jersey Scouts?

CCSLC signature.png

The Phoenix Jets, Colorado Nordiques and Carolina Whalers didn't even make the playoffs, but the Dallas NorthStars did. Perhaps they'll meet the KC Devils in the finals again and exact revenge for 00.

Don't you mean the New Jersey Scouts?

Yeah.

:hockeysmiley:

So now we're holding my delusions up to some sort of template?

New Colorado Scouts.

Perhaps

I was sort of joking when I wrote that. You said that none of the Eastern Conference teams that you predict will make it to the final. That is why I asked if you think that Buffalo will make it to the finals because I really don't want them to (being a Devil's fan and not wanting to face them). I added the Devil's thing at the end because if the people you don't predict get to the finals then I don't want to you to predict the Devils :hockeysmiley:

Anyway thanks your thoughts on how you think Buffalo and New Jersey will fair.

Eh, I'm a little sour with the Devils (I think you could guess why, lol) and Buffalo I don't HATE, but I don't love either. Essentially, I want them to cream the Isles in 4, then after that, they could do whatever. You'll hate me to know I was going to cheer on NJ... but that was before they let the Isles whoop them in a shootout, lol.

If you'd like to know my pattern... its that in '03, I rooted for the Ducks and the Leafs, and obviously, we know how that one ended. In '04, I rooted for Calgary and Toronto... once again, we know how that ended, lol. In '06, because there was no Toronto to root for, I went for Carolina and Detroit... which I'm also sure you know how it ended. So really, one of the teams I chose in '03 and '04 made it to the finals while in '06 that team won the cup. So this year, I'm guessing it will be one of the West teams that I picked that will win it... so sorry for your Devils, but I don't think this is their year. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Of course I know ducks can fly. They also walk, waddle style. They also swim, making them a triple-threat, which i suppose would give them an edge if they had to face penguins in an athletic endeavor, who can only either swim or walk. Of course, Penguins are so much better at swimming that it could make up for the lack of flight, so it really depends on the type of athletic event we're talking about. In a game of hockey, I think Penguins would have the size advantage, unless you wanted to bend the rules and allow geese and swans as well.

Of course I know ducks can fly. They also walk, waddle style. They also swim, making them a triple-threat, which i suppose would give them an edge if they had to face penguins in an athletic endeavor, who can only either swim or walk. Of course, Penguins are so much better at swimming that it could make up for the lack of flight, so it really depends on the type of athletic event we're talking about. In a game of hockey, I think Penguins would have the size advantage, unless you wanted to bend the rules and allow geese and swans as well.

Penguins also get on their stomachs and slide. Somehow that will be the determining factor.

Penguins also get on their stomachs and slide. Somehow that will be the determining factor.

Idunno. I feel that might just draw diving penalties.

Archived