The Great Manchester United Collapse of 2007

Fred T. Jane

OK, in case no one's noticed, over the course of two months, Manchester United's lead in the Premiership over second-place Chelsea has dropped dramatically from 12 points to now a measly 4 points. Over their last 5 games, United has dropped (If Chelsea beat Newcastle tomorrow) 5 of the 6 point lead they had a month ago. For those interested, here is a comparison of the two teams' domestic schedule:

Manchester United

at Everton

at Manchester City

at Chelsea

West Ham United

Chelsea

Bolton

at Arsenal

Manchester United

Everton

Add in Champions League Semifinals (Manchester United get AC Milan and Chelsea get Liverpool) to the fray, and we may just see a treble of Premiership trophies on the trot for the Pensioners. Opinions?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, in case no one's noticed, over the course of two months, Manchester United's lead in the Premiership over second-place Chelsea has dropped dramatically from 12 points to now a measly 4 points. Over their last 5 games, United has dropped (If Chelsea beat Newcastle tomorrow) 5 of the 6 point lead they had a month ago. For those interested, here is a comparison of the two teams' domestic schedule:

Manchester United

at Everton

at Manchester City

at Chelsea

West Ham United

Chelsea

Bolton

at Arsenal

Manchester United

Everton

Add in Champions League Semifinals (Manchester United get AC Milan and Chelsea get Liverpool) to the fray, and we may just see a treble of Premiership trophies on the trot for the Pensioners. Opinions?

Treble? What about quadruple? There's still the FA Cup Final as well, so the quadruple isn't completely out of the question.

LvZYtbZ.png

chelsea have already won the league cup 2-1 against arsenal this season.

=4.

if they had won the charity shield against liverpool i guess it may have been a quintuple?

much as i detest football/ footballers/ general football fans (no offense, its just that i live in chelsea at the moment) it would be good to see man utd wipe that f***ing smirk of murihnos face.

and i reckon theyd only have to win the champions league to do it too.

Treble? What about quadruple? There's still the FA Cup Final as well, so the quadruple isn't completely out of the question.

treble of Premiership trophies on the trot for the Pensioners. Opinions?

They've won the last two Premierships, you know...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

united's got the much easier run-in - Chelsea at the Grove is a definite opportunity to drop points, and having to play Bolton still too won't be fun.

I think it's going to be United. I also think Liverpool could lift the big-eared trophy once again this season, too.

harperdc.gif

I'd rather see the Chelsea playboys win it any day of the week over redscum. Go blues!

I agree with that, but I can't wait to see Chelski get their butts handed to them at their own place on Wednesday! :)

I'm also excited about the rumors of Henry possibly joining LFC next year. GO REDS!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Anybody see the CL semi-final today? Man U vs. Milan, great match. Rooney scored the go ahead goal in the 90th minute. Ticked me off.

I would much rather see LFC play Milan then Man U, plus I hate seeing United win anything :D

Check out my music!

Henry to Liverpool? Where did you hear *that* nonsense?

There's a surprising amount of these rumours doing the rounds of Liverpool message boards at the moment. I tend to ignore them. It is though becoming apparent that Arsenal want to cash in on Henry before he gets too much older.

liverpool-1.png

There's a surprising amount of these rumours doing the rounds of Liverpool message boards at the moment. I tend to ignore them. It is though becoming apparent that Arsenal want to cash in on Henry before he gets too much older.

If he does leave (the New) Highbury, it'll likely be to Barcelona.

eh, whatever <_< next game is in Anfield, The Kop's got a new song waiting for Chelski when they come to town :P

Anyway, Henry is reported to have said that if he did leave and stayed in england that he would want to go to Liverpool. He is good friends with Gerrard.

Check out my music!

eh, whatever <_< next game is in Anfield, The Kop's got a new song waiting for Chelski when they come to town :P

I bet it involves shiny hubcaps.

Just sayin'...

Archived