Signatures by Patsox

patsox

VT.png

BIGRAAAANDY.png

Here it is. After spending 6 days in Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg for a band trip I have been in awe at how someone could be that sick and puzzled at how someone could ever come to do something so terrible. Like everyone else in the United States I think i have been inspired by how the nation has shown pride by wearing Virginia Tech garb even if you are not a fan of the University and was amazed at the number of maroon shirts I saw down South. So here it is. I wanted to display something simple to go along with VT's simple logo and I believe the simplicity of the shapes and the font accomplish this.

I just added a Randy Moss sig. Not as much to explain here. The six stars represent the six states of New England....add the seventh on the flying elvis and that is seven. If you divide that by 2 you get the reported number of millions his contract is for. I think the font goes with the whole pot smoking thing and the red white and blue doodads sort of half represent the cape of a superhero and half represent a flag.

I'll stop ranting now and remember C&C is appreciated as always.

Feel free to use these!

VT.png

Here it is. After spending 6 days in Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg for a band trip I have been in awe at how someone could be that sick and puzzled at how someone could ever come to do something so terrible. Like everyone else in the United States I think i have been inspired by how the nation has shown pride by wearing Virginia Tech garb even if you are not a fan of the University and was amazed at the number of maroon shirts I saw down South. So here it is. I wanted to display something simple to go along with VT's simple logo and I believe the simplicity of the shapes and the font accomplish this. I'll stop ranting now and remember C&C is appreciated as always.

Feel free to use this as well.

well done.... simple yet effective!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Very nice--it's classy and conveys exactly what you want it to.

Quick question, as I'm on a retarded work computer that messes up interlaced PNGs and gives them a background--does this have a transparent background, with the VT hanging there, or is there a greyish background on it?

If already transparent, bravisimo! If not, you should make it an interlaced PNG so it does have a transparent background.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

this is not to you in specific, but making signatures and wearing maroon and orange and 'showing your support' for VT is a joke. no matter what anyone thinks it does, it doesn't do anything but pretend. if you want to make a difference, do something to change the gun laws of the united states or strengthen the gun security of the country. don't just sit around and give 'moral support' because you think it helps.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow, you stole the words right out of my mouth. As much as I feel for the victims of the incident, my belief is that the masses of sigs and wallpapers devalues what direct victims felt. In my opinion this sort of reaction translates to a distorted sense of national pride and doesn’t support appropriate actions that could be undertaken.

In 1996, Australia suffered its worst gun related mass killings. 35 died and 37 wounded at Port Arthur, Tasmania, all instigated by one person. In response the Australian government put massive restrictions on firearms and destroyed any gun that wasn’t registered under strict legislation. Rather than wallow in national pity, eliminate the cause. Eliminate guns where possible and watch the number of gun related deaths drop.

Sorry about the inappropriately placed rant but Tempest has a point and my blood has been boiling for the last few days over this.

sig.png

How do you make it an interlaced PNG? Currently it is just greyish because I did a Print Screen of the boards but it is not the exact color. Thanks in advance. I'm very curious.

As I only use PhotoShop and Illustrator, I really only know how to do it in those programs--though I'm sure other PhotoShop-like programs can do it as well.

Simply leave the background off of it, make sure it's RGB, not CYMK, go to Save As, choose .PNG, and when you save it will ask if you want interlacing or none. Choose interlacing and you have a transparent background!

As a hint, .PNGs are the best format to save vector-style artwork in. If there are no photographs or gradients, .PNG files are incredibly small and maintain the best quality.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I used Paint and Microsoft Picture It!, but whenever I save a file as you said it just comes out with a black background. I used to try that, but I just gave up after a while. I'll try again soon maybe.

Wow, you stole the words right out of my mouth. As much as I feel for the victims of the incident, my belief is that the masses of sigs and wallpapers devalues what direct victims felt. In my opinion this sort of reaction translates to a distorted sense of national pride and doesn?t support appropriate actions that could be undertaken.

In 1996, Australia suffered its worst gun related mass killings. 35 died and 37 wounded at Port Arthur, Tasmania, all instigated by one person. In response the Australian government put massive restrictions on firearms and destroyed any gun that wasn?t registered under strict legislation. Rather than wallow in national pity, eliminate the cause. Eliminate guns where possible and watch the number of gun related deaths drop.

Sorry about the inappropriately placed rant but Tempest has a point and my blood has been boiling for the last few days over this.

spot on man.

im glad some people ha dthe balls to say this. we all feel terrible for the victims of something like this. trying to outdo each other at co-opting others pain is a waste of energy that (as gaz points out) could be better spent trying to bring about something positive from the stituation.

i choked yesterday when reading somebodys post that said something like "well, lets hope we wont HAVE to be making sigs like this again soon." honestly, it feels like the incident has been packaged into some sort of marketing excersise in 'vt grief tm'. its getting tacky.

i know these are done as a mark of support but as has been stated, there are better ways to do this.

I agree.

Some guy goes kills 30-odd odd with a gun, so let's make a sig.

In 1996, Australia suffered its worst gun related mass killings. 35 died and 37 wounded at Port Arthur, Tasmania

We're all Tasmanians now - 11 years on.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

you aussies and brits dont seem to understand that the gun happy rednecks and the senators whose pockets they are in dont want guns to go away and hide behind the 2nd amendment. who gives a :censored: if some lunatic goes nuts and kills a bunch of people, we want our guns, but we feel so bad, so lets do some moments of silence, wear maroon and orange and pretend like we care. im with you guys, do something about it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

you aussies and brits dont seem to understand that the gun happy rednecks and the senators whose pockets they are in dont want guns to go away and hide behind the 2nd amendment. who gives a :censored: if some lunatic goes nuts and kills a bunch of people, we want our guns, but we feel so bad, so lets do some moments of silence, wear maroon and orange and pretend like we care. im with you guys, do something about it.

theres your problem right there, if there is going to be tighter gun control legislation, then it needs to start with mentally disordered people not the average person. as conservative as i am, i don't believe guns need to be readily available as they currently are, however, i would be for strengthening our police and security with guns. i however don't need a gun to kill 30 people, i can simply walk in my local wal-mart and find 15-20 items right off the bat i can use with out firing a single shot from a fire arm. Any one resourceful enough would too.

putting a prohibition on guns is like putting a prohibition on alcohol, it'll create a booming underground to sell guns. Since our govt is inept in stopping the drug underground, they'll be inept in stopping the fire arm under ground. we've seen how banning drugs has worked, banning guns would do the same thing. eventually like drugs we'll be talking about legalizing them to make the want for guns go down like the typical solution for drugs is.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

here in my small little corner of Maryland, we recently had a shooting near a playground, those men werent "mentally disturbed" as medical definition goes, they were just gangbangers who wanted to shoot some guys up and kids were caught in the crossfire. i dont think the problem with guns could get any worse by prohibition. we as americans are spoiled by the rights our constitution has afforded us, and i'd be all for some civil rights to be taken away to have some security. as a father of 2 young children, i'd rather the guns be taken away having our rights violated than having my child caught in the crossfire of some medically sane man that some guy pissed off in a gang. yes our government is inept at stopping drugs from spreading around the country, but drugs mostly harm the individual using, not other people, people use guns specifically to kill or harm another individual, i dont know what could be done, but something needs to be done.

sorry for jacking ur thread patsox...they are nice sigs. :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

here in my small little corner of Maryland, we recently had a shooting near a playground, those men werent "mentally disturbed" as medical definition goes, they were just gangbangers who wanted to shoot some guys up and kids were caught in the crossfire. i dont think the problem with guns could get any worse by prohibition. we as americans are spoiled by the rights our constitution has afforded us, and i'd be all for some civil rights to be taken away to have some security. as a father of 2 young children, i'd rather the guns be taken away having our rights violated than having my child caught in the crossfire of some medically sane man that some guy pissed off in a gang. yes our government is inept at stopping drugs from spreading around the country, but drugs mostly harm the individual using, not other people, people use guns specifically to kill or harm another individual, i dont know what could be done, but something needs to be done.

sorry for jacking ur thread patsox...they are nice sigs. :D

No problem, anytime DonJuan!

i have never understood the logical that gun=freedom?

there are strict gun laws in the places lithe the uk, netharlands, new zealand, scandinavian nations and every other nation that is truely freer than the usa so that is no argument for retaining firearms.

Wow, you stole the words right out of my mouth. As much as I feel for the victims of the incident, my belief is that the masses of sigs and wallpapers devalues what direct victims felt. In my opinion this sort of reaction translates to a distorted sense of national pride and doesn?t support appropriate actions that could be undertaken.

In 1996, Australia suffered its worst gun related mass killings. 35 died and 37 wounded at Port Arthur, Tasmania, all instigated by one person. In response the Australian government put massive restrictions on firearms and destroyed any gun that wasn?t registered under strict legislation. Rather than wallow in national pity, eliminate the cause. Eliminate guns where possible and watch the number of gun related deaths drop.

I'm using my sig to show support because I know what it's like to lose a loved one because some stupid :censored: decided to kill him. My brother was gunned down on August 23, 1988 at age 6 by a drive-by.

I think the sigs are a nice way to show support for the victims an their families. However, a better way is to volunteer to help those who lost friends and family in the massacre.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm using my sig to show support because I know what it's like to lose a loved one because some stupid :censored: decided to kill him. My brother was gunned down on August 23, 1988 at age 6 by a drive-by.

I think the sigs are a nice way to show support for the victims an their families. However, a better way is to volunteer to help those who lost friends and family in the massacre.

in what ways can you help victims?

Archived