Rockland Bulldogs Concept

patsox

RocklandDogsWordmark.png

Alright, the apostrophe is the shape of my town on the South Shore of Massachusetts. The name comes from the full name (The Bulldogs). Our colors are currently as follows (in order from primary to least primary (?)): Navy Blue, White, Silver, Red.

Currently the football team used just blue, white, and silver; The baseball team uses every color, the basketball teams use blue white and red, The hockey team goes with red white and blue, the soccer team is blue and white, and the track team is blue and white only. The other teams are more or less insignifigant when it comes to an identity I think. The font I personally modified from Arial Black, but I like it anyway. What I would like to do is give all teams some overall color uniformity and put the "uni" back in uniform for all teams.

Eventually I would like to do concepts for each and every team in addition to a primary, secondary, teritary, cap logo etc etc plus my hardest challenge of creating an actual logo of a bulldog.

***JUST AS A SIDENOTE The school's current logo is "Dogs" spelled out in BRUSH SCRIPT and some ripoff of Gonzaga's Bulldog logo.

C&C GREATLY APPRECIATED

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For comparisons sake:

HOU_574.gif

Doesn't look THAT similar.

Yes it does. It's a blatant Texans rip-off. And since apostrophes don't point in that direction, it's indistinguishable as one--especially if you're not familiar with the school and don't recognize the nickname is shortened. You should bail on that idea.

Yes it does.

No, it doesn't. The fonts are only vaguely similar, and that's only if you squint. For it to be a rip-off he would have to use the same font, which he clearly didn't.

I don't think it is a rip off either. The S is different, as well as the D (which by the way, need some conformity in both words)...only thing I would say is similar is the colors. It's hard to say a wordmark is a rip-off unless it is the exact same font.

It may not be the same exact font, but considering that both the colors are the same and some of the key letters are exactly the same, this is too close to be called original.

Change the colors, or change the font.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

The wordmark is very similar to the Texans', but it is not the same. One, it's very obviously hand-drawn, the Texans' font is probably easy enough to get a hold of that such an effort would be a waste if he really wanted to rip the Texans' wordmark. Two, even if it is a rip-off, there are so many high school teams that rip NFL logos directly that this doesn't even compare.

Btw, throwing around words like "rip-off" isn't something you want to be doing unless you're prepared to defend yourself and prove the allegation in civil court. If you can't prove it, you shouldn't say anything.

cttdolphins2.png

I'm saying it's a rip-off in the sense that it's extremely derivative, not that it's plagiarized completely. And I don't see a court in this land bothering with some yahoo on a message board criticizing a conceptual wordmark--especially when said post is tagged in large bold letters with "C+C GREATLY APPRECIATED".

What's that old saying? Opinions are like...

I'm saying it's a rip-off in the sense that it's extremely derivative, not that it's plagiarized completely. And I don't see a court in this land bothering with some yahoo on a message board criticizing a conceptual wordmark--especially when said post is tagged in large bold letters with "C+C GREATLY APPRECIATED".

What's that old saying? Opinions are like...

I think the jist of his comments were meant to say don't be so quick to harshly accuse someone of ripping off something.

What's the old saying? When you assume...

ROCFCWatermark-1.png

First up is the one team I am a member of: RHS Soccer

Lose all the watermarks, end that practice. No-one out there is going to steal your work. Make the banner wrap around the ball. I know where you got them from, but right now they look like they're just plastered on your image, which they are. There is way too much going on here, even for a soccer badge. Lose whatever that green thing is at the bottom, make one of your elements the main focus and enlarge it. Is this a badge or a ball? Either get rid of the stripes and make it a ball or get rid of the ball markings and make it a circle with diagonal strips, don't try to do both. I suggest making your "D" the main focus, put it in the middle, and then put your year (still small) in the middle of the D or something along those lines. Get rid of the diagonal Rockland because it already says rockland in your upper banner. And lastly lose the massachusetts silohuette, every team you play will know your from Massachusetts, and it does more harm than good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You need to actually think about what you're drawing (or finding in clipart directories), patsox.

If that soccer badge was actually on a shirt, it would only be a few inches in diameter. The design elements are already so small that we can barely see them (is that a tiny field of grass at the bottom?). Trying to embroider that on a real patch would be completely impossible. Hell, screening that on a t-shirt would be tough.

ROCFCWatermark-1.png

First up is the one team I am a member of: RHS Soccer

Lose all the watermarks, end that practice. No-one out there is going to steal your work. Make the banner wrap around the ball. I know where you got them from, but right now they look like they're just plastered on your image, which they are. There is way too much going on here, even for a soccer badge. Lose whatever that green thing is at the bottom, make one of your elements the main focus and enlarge it. Is this a badge or a ball? Either get rid of the stripes and make it a ball or get rid of the ball markings and make it a circle with diagonal strips, don't try to do both. I suggest making your "D" the main focus, put it in the middle, and then put your year (still small) in the middle of the D or something along those lines. Get rid of the diagonal Rockland because it already says rockland in your upper banner. And lastly lose the massachusetts silohuette, every team you play will know your from Massachusetts, and it does more harm than good.

*Complete sarcasm here* Actually don't lose the watermarks as I was seriously considering ripping this off! *End of sarcasm* :P

Archived