Ccm vintage replicas- poor quality and inaccurate

bods39

I finally got out to the mall yesterday and was able to

check out a couple of the CCM Vintage replicas in person.

What a piece of garbage they were! $160 bucks and

they were the cheapest material known to man and they

were'nt even accurate. They had the Sabres white,yellow,blue HASEK jersey, man whas it wrong. The nameplate font was way to big, 4"h at least and should only be 3". The back numbers were too skinny and they had a seam just above the top hem stripe that shouldn't be there. That's not how a jersey should be constructed. As someones whose been in the business I know there is no reason why they had to do it that way. The stripes should all be knit in, the barrel of the body shouldn't be sewn together. CCM was making these jerseys just a few years back, why didn't they just make them the same, with that nice thick polyester material, instead of the cheesecloth there passing off. And to top it off, all they od is throw a fight strap in and call it an authentic and charge more. The Sabres jersey is not an accurate replica. It aesthetically looks like it and thay's it. Sorry, I am just really picky about this stuff, CCM should have old files and records, jeesh.

that's about all they got right. Which reminded me of another

thing I've seen lately that burns me. Whats with putting

players from today on throwback jerseys? When I was at Gerry Cosbys at MSG, he had all these Rangers jersey from the 70's but with Messier and Lindros's name on them. I've seen it

in other places too. I just think it looks weird to get a player from this era and put them on a throwback if they never wore that jersey, or heck even been born. I can see it if the team

itself brings back the throwback and wears on the field,

like the Charger powder blue or Lakers. Anyone else seen this?

yeah, but only on NBA jerseys.

Nuggets rainbow home: Marcus Camby

Bucks Kareem-era green: Ray Allen

and all them nike rewinds

edit: damn, scratch the top two, those got worn last year (bucks once, nuggets for most of March last year)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The rangers are one of thsoe teams that have had their uniforms evolve very silghtly over the years. If they wore throwbacks this season I wouldn't know the difference.

I know the feeling about the vintage uniforms though. Here in a store in North Bay, I glimpsed a Quebec Nordiques vintage uni with Roy 33 on the back. It was close, but come on. Vintage unis should only have the names of players who wore it on them (I get heat for having a Sakic nordiques uni, people expect Lafleur or other names

The rangers are one of thsoe teams that have had their uniforms evolve very silghtly over the years. If they wore throwbacks this season I wouldn't know the difference.

According to nhluniforms the rangers are wearing the vintage uniforms from the 70's with the shield on it not the lettering. So it looks different

I had no idea the Rangers were going to be wearing those

unis's from the 70's, damn there kinda ugly. Now it makes

sense to see Lindros on one. But back to the main point,

CCM is cutting corners and not doing a very accurate job.

nothing wrong with Sakic or Forsberg on a Nords uni.

I personally would rather have a P.Stastny or Gosselin jersey.

those heat sealed fleur de les are so cheap looking.

I am pretty sure the Nords only used screened ones

when they were in existence anyway, so again

they're not very accurate. I think they feel that the consumer

wants twill for everything because it has a perceived value to it over screenprinting. I know CCM is no Mitchell & Ness, but

cmon you used to make the official jerseys. At least get the replicas correct.

Nike has been doing a line of throwback/vintage college football jerseys, and they're following the thinking that the customer wants twill because it looks more expensive. They have a Charlie Ward Florida State jersey and they have twill numbers. When Ward played, Nike made the game jerseys

and they were screenprinted.

youre dead right about the letter and number fonts. Every single one of these that I've seen pre-crested by CCM is the wrong font and wrong size. The Detroit ones are way off, too.

Same goes for the Lemieux Penguins I have seen. The sleeve numbers should be thick and squatty, almost square really. The ones in the stores are too tall and too thin.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I haven't been one to mind new players on older jerseys... but my biggest pet peeve of the moment right now is the 'John Elway' Colorado Crush jerseys I've seen in the past.  Putting current players on older jerseys is one thing... but putting players who never even played for a specific team on current jerseys is ridiculous.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the quality of these jerseys, but the accuracy is a problem at times. I don't even want nameplates and numbers, just a blank one.  

I loved the MN North Stars.  I have a white jersey and need a green one, but the Star is backwards on the green jersey. Look at the White jersey vs. the green one--the star is reversed.  It makes me cringe and I cannot buy it, so now I have to find another and it is not easy to find.  At the prices they charge they should look better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Bods39, I feel your pain when it comes to Replica/Semi-Pro jerseys made by The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa).  The accuracy is practically non-existent and the quality is absolute crap!  Hockey crests shouldn't be heat sealed on the jerseys, they should be sewn! Can I get a witness?!?

I have 6 of the CCM Vintage Jerseys

Minnesota North Stars

New York Islanders x2

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

Boston Bruins

There all blank except I had patches and customization done to one of the Isles 18 Westfall jerseys and the Jets 3 Manson jersey, and they look freaking awesome all done up with patches and lettering.

I will say this: Alot of custom jersey shops have told me that CCM isnt the ones making letters numbers, add ons such as the fluer de lies and capitals stars.. there getting these things imported to them from the Ukraine. As a matter of fact, I had to get the Isles orange and white color scheme custom cut cause the CCM ones looked so poorly. i'll send pics of the work when my camera gets up and running.

I agree with you guys about the authenticity of a jersey. But we all have to remember they are replicas. If they made the jersey exactly the way the old originals were, we could see people trying to pass of the new replicas as the real old jerseys. Idk if you guys realized but M&N doesnt make there jerseys 100% exactly like the originals..thus to prevent forgery

btw: I got a New England Whalers WHA jersey, authentic knit. fight strap..swen on crest and whale patces..custom made 180.00 best 180 i ever spent on a jersey

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Bods39, I feel your pain when it comes to Replica/Semi-Pro jerseys made by The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa). The accuracy is practically non-existent and the quality is absolute crap! Hockey crests shouldn't be heat sealed on the jerseys, they should be sewn! Can I get a witness?!?

totally agrre

on a side note, I was flipping through some of my old hockey cards, I came across an old Joe Sakic just after he had be promoted to team captain. how do I know? underneath was the white shadow of an 'A' from where it was removed. call me crazy, but if it was stitched on, it shouldn't leave a shadow...

now, im not trying ot be a jerk here. just an observation, mostly a dissapointment that an NHL team would allow something like that to slip...

Archived