Redskins Concept : Not the Lombardi Helmet!

jimboqb12

Just a little something for my second post. Bit of Old and New mixing. Sorry traditionalist but had to go with piping on this one!

Not to keen on the socks but I'm still a novice and welcome any praise and critisism!wr.jpg

Here are my thoughts:

- what are those horizontal stripes across the socks??

- are those Boston College numerals?

- i like the dark jersey best, it makes the piping and pattern look better

- i'd like to see the shoulder panel NOT come to a point, but keep the slant you have

- logo on shoulder seems very small

- numbers on shoulder seem HUGE

- the spear helmet would look awesome with this concept

Overall, great job. The colors are very nice. The sock stripe looks like piping to match the jersey.

Suggestions: Block numbers would be better. Special number fonts are like the Broncos/Panthers helmet stripes, trendy for a while but ultimately they'll look tired and dated. The pants need striping, a logo, something. Use white socks with the maroon pants (NFL = No Freakin' Leotards!). Sleeve logo should face forward (feather at back) and should be larger (avoid the dreaded Seahawk syndrome!).

Agree with the previous post that the spear helmet would be the icing on this cake.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

In general, I really like the look of this concept. This is how to make a football uniform look modern and original without making it look like crap has been added for the sake of adding crap.

My thoughts on the numbers and socks have been said already.

My biggest aesthetic beef with this uniform is the general clash with the helmet logo. You've created a uniform with brilliant strokes of narrow lines and bold wedges of color. But the Indian-head logo is all about round. Note how it literally doesn't fit on the shoulder wedges, owing to the basic clash between triangle and circle.

Which would be pretty catastrophic for this concept, except that the Redskins have at their disposal a popular helmet logo that combines narrow strokes and bold wedges of color, just like your uniform does. It's the throwback spear helmet, and this uniform is absolutely begging to have it incorporated instead of the Indian-head logo. Put your ear up to your screen and you'll hear the logo Indian pleading to be replaced with the spear logo. "I do not belong on this helmet," he's saying. "There is no place for me here. Use the spears instead. And maybe only put the spears on one side of the helmet while you're at it, because asymmetry is more aggressive."

OK, I made up the last sentence. But the rest if it really is your concept speaking to you. Heed its advice!

20082614447.png

If you put a FSU logo in place of the redskins logo it would be perfect. I'm just not feeling it for the skins though, although the design is nice. It does look very close to the falcons/cardinals designs, the last thing we need it 3 red/maroon teams with almost the same design.

Overall, I like it. Love the gold pants.

Hate the BC numbers. They look bad on BC's uniforms; they look just as bad here. Beyond that, I like this concept a lot.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Basically I agree with those above me, but overall, nice concept.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

make a white uni and white pants...im not so keen on the numbering, i do like the piping, i dont like the helmet logo on the sleeves, just adding too much. i would love the spear on the sleeve, that would complete it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

this concept is a great mix of the past and modern. the only two things bothering me are the arrow on the jersey should face the other way and i think the number outline is a tad to thick. besides that its awsome

this concept is a great mix of the past and modern.

Agree...

the only two things bothering me are the arrow on the jersey should face the other way and i think the number outline is a tad to thick. besides that its awsome

... and agree again. He nailed my thoughts exactly.

As far as maroon/maroon, the nice thing about this Redskins concept is that they have two team colors besides white, so you're not necessarily stuck with white pants or (dark jersey color) pants like many teams (Jets, Colts). Going with gold pants would work with both the white and dark jersey. Leave it at that; this looks really nice.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You've read my mind. I've been an advocate of a 'hybrid' look like that for some time.

With the enlarged panels on the sleeves, you could even go with the arrow in one spot (helmet or sleeve) and the indian-head circle logo in the other.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Wow. Just, wow. That would be one of the best uniforms in the NFL the moment the Redskins wore it.

I think I see why you put the sleeve arrows facing backwards, but I don't think it quite succeeds. I think they do need to point forward after all.

Other than that, all I can say is "Wow."

Also I'm a bigger fan of the two gold-pant unis than the two burgundy-pant unis. This kind of surprises me, but your concept has convinced me that if they do it right, gold can work as a primary color for the Redskins.

20082614447.png

This is a great set - good job. Turn the spear around though.

You know, the round logo w/feather might make a nice pants logo, on the side where the Saints wear the fleur-de-lis.

I like the maroon/gold and white/maroon sets best. I don't say this often about concepts, but the Redskins could come out of the tunnel in these and have one of the best sets in the league. Nice work!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree with flipping the spear and thinning the outline on the jersey number.

I also think the side piping on the uniform look awkward not continuing down the pants. Seeing that your gold piping runs into a gold bottom, and maroon runs into maroon...you aren't left with many options. Maybe you should lose the side piping altogether or come up with a different side striping that extends into the pants but also works with your shoulder piping/design?

I still think the shoulder numbers are a little large...

Other than that, great improvements and it's looking nice!

I think these would look good on-field. But i dont think the sleeve style would fly because it is pretty much what the falcons have. i think a tweak there and it would be a real winner

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived