Dumbest hat ever?

Lalalaloser

Funny, I thought we just declared that the New Era hat with the MTV moon man planting an MLB team flag into the lunar surface while rockin' the Mr. T gold chain starter set was the dumbest hat ever. Right here, on these very boards. Like weeks ago.

As far as bogus state championships go, when I was at UNC, our football team was awarded all kinds of gear for winning the mythic "state championship" by beating Wake (pre-ACC title days, 'member), Duke (umm... yeah) and NC State (the only challenge of the 3). It was something to celebrate on our way to bucolic Jacksonville for another Gator Bowl. I've heard NC State and possibly Wake, (this year... BigBen, care to help?) have celebrated similar "titles".

Hahaha, I remember seeing UNC stuff rewarding them for finishing first of the 4. As a current NC State student I'd love to see some of that gear for us, but we can never beat Carolina! Hahaha.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Not a hat but Tech Tech did make shirts proclaiming Texas state champs in 2002, the year they beat Texas and Texas A&M in the same season. This was stupid considering they can't be the champs. They never played TCU, UH, Rice, and UTEP or North Texas.

[money hats]

Shut down the thread, I win

Post the one with the TORONTO BLUE JAYS and AMERICAN MONEY

And in related events, I can think of a handful of schools who ended their football program (for lack of interest or money or whatever) that sell "undefeated since x" shirts.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Speaking of "State Champs"

Ole Miss made shirts one year that said "Alabama State Champs" the year they beat both Auburn and Alabama in the same year.

Didn't Jerry Glanville award his Atlanta Falcons a "California Trophy" after they managed to beat all the California nfl teams in one season?

NEFcnotenewyan-blksil.jpg

pMLB2-2497473dt.jpg

BAM! You lose!

Not even close. At least yours have a properly centered logo on the front crown. Bling bling moonman is 100x worse.

BAM! You also lose!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I could think of much dumber hats. But the idea is lost on anyone who doesn't have an above average understanding of the NHL and northeastern U.S. geography.

[money hats]

Post the one with the TORONTO BLUE JAYS and AMERICAN MONEY

And in related events, I can think of a handful of schools who ended their football program (for lack of interest or money or whatever) that sell "undefeated since x" shirts.

When I was on the club football team at UWM, we had shirts that said "STILL undefeated since 1974" because we won all of our games our first year back.

But there's schools that never even had a football team and sell that shirt which makes absolutely no damn sense.

it's the city of buffalo. that's the closest to winning a championship as they've come to this point. let them enjoy it.

Is that really necessary?

lol. nothing personal :)

i'm sure it's just as necessary as all the "tainted cup" cries that everyone had to listen to in the summer of 1999. i'm a biased sports fan. we all are. it's nothing personal :)

it's the city of buffalo. that's the closest to winning a championship as they've come to this point. let them enjoy it.

Is that really necessary?

lol. nothing personal :)

i'm sure it's just as necessary as all the "tainted cup" cries that everyone had to listen to in the summer of 1999. i'm a biased sports fan. we all are. it's nothing personal :)

"No Goal" will live forever. Just as much as Wychek's forward lateral. Being a fan of Buffalo sports is hard...

Anyway, I always thought that given Syracuse's run through the 2003 NCAA tournament, Big XII Champion shirts would have been funny. Off the top of my head, I remember Syracuse going through Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas en route to the championship. Not bad, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Its funny because it reminds me of something right out of my youth. There was always that one kid in the neighborhood or on the playground who would never win at any sport. Then one lucky day when he actually won at something he went around for like a week talking about how great he was. Well, thats kind of what I see here. I don't remember the Islanders putting out a 'State Champs' hat or shirt when they were dominating hockey in the 80's.

Its like my old ball coach used to say: "Act like ya been dere!"

Archived