Dirk Nowitzki = MVP

BCBoy

Despite Dirk not showing up 5 of the 6 games against Golden St. in the first round, He deserve the award, cause its about MVP of the regular season, not the playoffs.

The MVP is going to be the best player on the best team. That's how it is now in the NBA. The Mavs had the best record this year, and Dirk was their best player so he won. Dirk still had a great year, but he won because the Mavs had the best record.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Billy B @ Friday, May 11th, 2007 - 06:52:26) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

The MVP is going to be the best player on the best team. That's how it is now in the NBA. The Mavs had the best record this year, and Dirk was their best player so he won. Dirk still had a great year, but he won because the Mavs had the best record.

<_<

Last year PHX had worse record than DAL and Nash won the MVP so... I think the NBA gives the MVP Title to Nowitzki as a consolation prize (this year Nash deserve it more than DN :evil: )

Yet Kobe once again gets the shaft. I know a lot of people on here hate on the man, but honestly, if it were not for Kobe Bryant, the Lakers would be in the cellar right now. I still think he should've won it last year and the year before, because both years he proved that he was pretty much, on all accounts, the most valuable player to his team.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Friday, May 11th, 2007 - 07:52:26)

The MVP is going to be the best player on the best team.

Seems like that's the case with most major awards now (the Heisman comes to mind...).

Maybe this will make people realize that the MVP should go to the best player and isn't an award for team success. For instance, take Dirk away and the Mavs still win 50-55 games. Take Kobe away from the Lakers and they win 20.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Billy B @ Friday, May 11th, 2007 - 07:52:26) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

The MVP is going to be the best player on the best team.

Seems like that's the case with most major awards now (the Heisman comes to mind...).

Maybe this will make people realize that the MVP should go to the best player and isn't an award for team success. For instance, take Dirk away and the Mavs still win 50-55 games. Take Kobe away from the Lakers and they win 20.

What is Phoenix's record without Steve Nash, I'm pretty sure its well under .500. So for somebody to tell me that LA is nothing without Kobe hence why he should win the award is ludicrous.

Plus Nash is gangster....i.e playing with a bloody nose, while Kobe likes elbowing white guys in their nose.

Yet Kobe once again gets the shaft. I know a lot of people on here hate on the man, but honestly, if it were not for Kobe Bryant, the Lakers would be in the cellar right now. I still think he should've won it last year and the year before, because both years he proved that he was pretty much, on all accounts, the most valuable player to his team.

I agree that Kobe deserves more attention.. I know his antics get more hate than love, but you can't deny he is one of the greatest players you will see.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

How does the NBA define the MVP?

Is it the most valuable to their team? If so, then people try to say that "if so-and-so was removed from this team....." wouldn't that mean that the best player on the worst team would win?

Is it the most valuable to the league? No, because LeBron would win every year.

Is it the player who had the best statistical year? Should be. That would mean he was the best overall.

Archived