Lopez Mistake

Don

ZFAkyFyv.jpg

Felipe Lopez wears the wrong cap with the red unis...anyone else catch this? I thought i saw something odd when i was watching this game. What are the rules, can be he fined?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

the DC hat is worn with the red DC jerseys...sunday day games only.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Here is the official rule:

(a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal six inch numbers on their backs.

(2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt.

(3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game.

Because the umps didn't catch it, he was not ejected, or sent to change it.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Well nowadays this isn't too uncommon...I know last year a Met had the black METS uniform when everyone else had the black NEW YORK version, the same goes for Houston's reds a couple of years back, etc...

WHen you have 3543357468743237 combinations, its bound to happen...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well nowadays this isn't too uncommon...I know last year a Met had the black METS uniform when everyone else had the black NEW YORK version, the same goes for Houston's reds a couple of years back, etc...

When you have 3543357468743237 combinations, its bound to happen...

Yeah, I was about to cite that New York debacle. Also, in 2003 the Angels' Adam Riggs entered the game with a uniform that said "Angees" on it.

EDIT: Ah yes, here it is

GqOLz4wu.jpg

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Timo Perez messed up at the beginning of game 1 of the 2000 World Series. He should have been wearing the all black cap and instead he came out wearing the black cap with the blue bill. I believe he changed after the 1st inning.

those were just lapel pins...not patches. they could pin them wherever they wanted i guess.

heh, I remember one time a few years back when the Cubs were playing the Rockies, and this was back when the CR alts still had sleeves. Larry Walker wore the main jersey, which reads ROCKIES in front, while the rest of the Rockies wore the CR jerseys (either that, or he wore CR while everybody else wore ROCKIES, though I think it's the former).

another time (IIRC 99 or 2000), when Tom Kelly was still Twins manager, and they were playing an interleague series at Wrigley, the Twins still wore the M hats at the time, but it seemed to slip his mind, as numerous times during the game the camera showed him still wearing the practice TC cap.

and then there was one time when some reliever on the Sox was called in from the bullpen. The Paleys were in road grays...except for this guy, who'd put on the black jersey by mistake and didn't realize it til he got to the mound.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the uniform mishaps like that. I was at a Braves game in about 97 when Greg Maddox came out to start the 5th or 6th inning and stil had his jacket on (it was a cold night) he got the ball form the pitcher, started to move his arms around to get loose, and realized.. took it off, and the batboy carried it back.. he smiled for about 3 minutes, probably laughing at himself.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

In, I believe the 2001-02 season, might have been 2000-01 (whenever the Raptors last had TORONTO on their road uniforms) Vince Carter wore the uniform that had Raptors on the front for the first half, don't remember why, but he wore the jersey that said Toronto on the front for the second half. I remember the game was against the Spurs though. Also, did the Raptors change from TORONTO to RAPTORS during the middle of any one of those seasons, or in the off-season? Another one is I'm pretty sure 2002-03, might have been 2003-04, but George Lynch of the Hornets wore a jersey that said NEW ORLAENS on the front. It was a road game as he was wearing the teal uniform.

-E.A.R.

Timo Perez messed up at the beginning of game 1 of the 2000 World Series. He should have been wearing the all black cap and instead he came out wearing the black cap with the blue bill. I believe he changed after the 1st inning.

If only that was his biggest gaffe of the night... :cursing:

And I seem to remember when another now ex-Met, Octavio Dotel was w/ Oakland and in the bullpen @ Fenway had the wrong jersey on. The A's were either in their green or grey, but he had the opposite of what they were wearing, so someone had to fetch him the right uniform while he was warming up to change...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

(2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt.

Not to change the subject too much, but doesn't this make Nike's ugly undershirts against the rules? Some have sleeves with muli-colored gradient on them, and the chest of the shirt is gray.

eucivveT.jpg

By the way, did you know they now come in righty and lefty pitching styles? Does this really make a difference in performance?

pMLB2-3620546dt.jpg

pMLB2-3620540dt.jpg

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived